Give option to revert to classic page view
Hate this new format. The sidebar icons are too small. The quick tools is not intuitive. Why was it necessary to move the pages and bookmarks to the right when we are accustomed to seeing them on the left. Really frustrated that I can't revert to classic layout or rearrange the tool bars to my preferences. I also don't like that I can't remove drawing and signing from the quick toolbars. I rarely use those features. Just a really poor update with no recourse for the user.
Tracy G commented
Ashish -- to your reply points...
1) this interface is absolutely more cluttered and messy to look at -- not less! There are floating menus I have to close or move out of my way, and now I have to look left, right, up and on the R-click to find things rather than everything in one tidy sidebar.
2) we are not newbies, we don't need everything grouped under an Edit tab to find them, we know what tools we want to use and we want to get to them in 1 click, not have to go through the "action verb" Edit click first. For example, the process to extract pages from a file is many more steps than it used to -- and less intuitive.
3) I will work on re-customizing it for my needs and learning the new interfaces -- I hope my opinion changes but, so far, everything has taken more clicks to accomplish a regular task, rather than less.
roger elliott commented
I thought I had the Rolls Royce of portable data files last year & finished up being fobbed off with a battered old 2CV this year, which I was told was an update. The only similarity was it had wheels.
Tracy G commented
Agreed. Tasks that used to take one click, now take two or more. I like "new." I like "improved." I've spent time to learn a completely revamped version of a beloved software -- and got to know and eventually love all it's new features. But not this new Adobe -- so far its only new but not improved, not better, nothing to discover I love about it. Very disappointed.
AdminAshish Rawat (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) commented
Hi, We appreciate the time and effort you took to leave us a remark since we're constantly searching for ways to make Acrobat better.
We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.
With the new interface we aim to
1.Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for most used PDF actions that are relevant while viewing a document.
2. Easily allow users to discover PDF tools they need by ensuring tools are intuitively grouped and a click away,
**For example, all tools that allow content, page & file level edits can be found under one action based verb called “Edit”; tools that allow converting files to & from PDFs can be found under “Convert”; tools that allow filling & signing documents or requesting signatures from others under “Sign”.
3. We allow lot of customization in the app. For example - you can drag drop the tools in All tools left pane to reorder your tools. Similarly, the top left toolbar (Quick tools) can also be customized using Customization window that comes on clicking ... button at the bottom of the toolbar. We are in the process of adding more customizations in the app.
We would also like to highlight that we have exhaustively tested these changes with users over the past 12 months, keenly monitoring user behavior & addressing top user issues before gradually rolling out the new interface to the Acrobat user base
A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have ensured all tools & features that are currently supported, retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are proactively addressing any gaps or issues reported by users related to any break in current workflows.
We will follow up on this response with a detailed blog post explaining the changes, a guide to help familiarize you to the new interface, along with regular updates on upcoming changes.
We are also updating our helpx page that will assist you better - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html
Once again, we appreciate your comments. Please stay tuned for more of our upcoming releases.
Kent Schumacher commented
@Kristin - perfect, thank you!
Sharing from another page... how to get back to the more natual and organic user interface by going Menu and then selecting "Disable New Acrobat" for anyone having issues with the bad UI.