Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a PDF that I created on pdffiller.com that has a signature field. After signing the signature field through Telerik's PdfProcessing library, Acrobat does not show the PDF as being signed. Although, Foxit PDF Reader and Telerik's WPF PdfViewer do show the document as being signed.

I have attached the before and after PDFs.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice if you could change the date format in the Digital Signature to North American format (MM/DD/YYYY instead of YYYY.MM.DD)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need a simple box that can be added into a form which activates the drawing tool to enter a manual signature. If someone is filling out a form, they won't know at the signature point they have to jump to the tool menu and select the pen. For a user they are in the form, keep them in the form. Just a simple setting on a signature box to switch it to pen rather then Digital ID would be great.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. provide user to display
    message in password protected files, with password
    hint that can be given by the pdf creator - example to
    open password protected file, user provides hint - first
    4 charters of your name + year of birth
    so the user opening files know what combination has to
    be provided to open the file.

it will save huge
    inconvenience as different credit card companies,
    bank's use varied combinations. it will save lot of hassle
    if these pdf will be provided with user configurable pop
    up box to as an option.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create and manage multiple signatures.
    Unfortunately there is only the function to add a signature once and an initial once.

Unfortunately, only one signature and only one initial is not sufficient in this case.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some organizations have security standards like disabling cloud storage so users cannot access data from out of office devices. Currently there is no FULL way to disable cloud storage. You can implement registry keys to stop to storage however there are work arounds that will still let you store data. Would love to have an option to completely stop the storage without having to implement registry keys or port blocks on the entire organizations computers / network. Im actually shocked this isnt a feature already.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've been using digital signatures in Adobe Acrobat for YEARS. Just got a new PC for work and digital signatures are not working properly or consistently. Documents that need signatures always need two. The second person (no matter who it is) always has problems and the experience changes each time. Sometimes, the certification toolbar won't come up. Sometimes the visible signature option is not available. Sometimes the software goes completely black. There is never any error message. The software just doesn't work for the second signature. Both brand new machines. Both have exactly the same software versions. Both use the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Several of our clients who use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC have complained of issues printing PDF's. After troubleshooting the issue we found the cause to be the Enhanced Security option located in Security (Enhanced) in the Preferences. If this option is enabled, disabling it allows our staff to print. We even came to a point where we had to enable it and then disable it to fix printing. This issue seems to have started several weeks ago.

OS affected:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 7 Pro

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accessibility checkers (such as CommonLook) reject PDFs with visible digital signatures, presumably because they lack an Alt-Text feature like standard images have.

We have new requirements to produce all documents for web postings as being accessible, which means we cannot use digital signatures until they become compliant with accessibility requirements.

Please add Alt-Text capabilities or another means of making digital signatures accessibility-compliant. It would be nice if default Alt-Text could be set as part of the digital signature configuration (e.g., "Signature of John Smith".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When applying a Modification Detection and Prevention certificate to a PDF/A-3u file Acrobat Pro DC adds DigestLocation, DigestMethod, and DigestValue entries to the signature references dictionary. That's not permitted by the PDF/A-3u standard. Thus it breaks conformance.

Certifying PDFs in this way and complying with the PDF/A-3u standards both are part of our larger goal of long-term preservation.

See also: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2566790
    and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2560568

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please break out all the current change options to allow more than one option be enabled under password protection. Really have a need to be able to have two of the four options (e.g., insert, delete, comment, fill and sign) available. What would be really nice is if we could select the Tools that are not available under password security and in any configuration. Your consideration would be so very appreciated!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. program stalls, won't close, and crashes repeatedly upon every use; already re-installed and have all current updates, protected view off -- this started about a month ago after using the same system for 2 years

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Whenever a digital signature field is added, we do not get the option to duplicate it. This would be very helpful in cases where same person has to sign on multiple pages in a document.
    At present, it is giving the option to duplicate across pages, however, it is not working nor it is giving any error message.
    Please include this feature in Acrobat, or grey out the duplicate across pages option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this looks like a bug. Can you please let us know which Acrobat version you are on?

Thanks,
    -Amboo

15. Adobe Reader XI was given a 64 bit IE plugin in patch 11.0.7, but the 64 bit IE plugin has not been included with Adobe Acrobat XI.

1. 64 bit IE plugin - required to run IE 11 with Enhanced Protected Mode
    2. Include the same 64 bit IE plugin, that was added to Adobe Reader XI in patch 11.0.7, to Adobe Acrobat XI
    3. Verified in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2
    4. When IE 11 is configured with Enhanced Protected Mode, sites that are in the Trusted Zone open in a 32-bit process and will use the 32 bit IE plugin. Sites…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Certificates issued by dgn.de fail to verifiy even though they're eIDAS compliant. It seems that the certificate which is used to sign the OCSP response is not in the known list (which it should be as it is also an eIDAS certificate). For OCSP the certificate is used: dgnservice qOCSP 23:PN.
    The company has also discovered the issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When implementing all Adobe/Protect security features to prevent printing, copying, or editing a secured pdf, the PDF can still be edited, copied or printed when opened by the Chrome Document Previewer. With the print option reenabled in the previewer, you can print the secured document as a PDF and save to a file directory and upon opening the saved copy, all security policies have been removed. After discovering this, I researched to see if there was an oversight on my part and stumbled across an article on WikiHow titled, "How to Unlock a Secure PDF File" which outlines a similar…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have thousands of PDFs that have been password protected with the same password. I need to remove that security to add metadata to these files. There is no way that I can see to create an Action Wizard to batch process these files in Acrobat DC. Huge problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have two secured PDF's. I need to compare the two documents in Adobe Acrobat but I am unable to. I get a message (attached).

Can you please add the ability to compare secured PDF's?

This is an important feature that SHOULD be available in your product.

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I cannot edit PDF's because I need to enter a permission password to do so. However I never set one in the first place, only the one to sign in to my Adobe account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?