Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. Adobe Scan app advert pops open every time I open a new set of files. I was working on combining many file groups all afternoon and had to stop and close your advertising 6-8 times. The worst part is that I downloaded the app after the first time, so it is unnecessary in every way as well as annoying and a waste of my time.
    Acrobat Pro DC for Mac OS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need an option in acrobat pro to compare multiple files at a single click.(batch processing) for eg. if we have two folders with multiple pdfs, having same file name, we should be able to compare the files in these folders and save to different folder.

or you can provide the Jscript option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make the scrolling FASTER. I'm so use to reading PDFs on Chrome extension now that I'm use to the fast mouse wheel scroll for vertical scrolling. When I open in Acrobat, it's so painful how slow the vertical scroll is. I feel like I have to scroll twice as much with mouse scroll wheel as I do in any other program. Please, please change this.

Also, yes I have continuous page and enable scrolling on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

4. Default browsing method is from past, text roll what was used in churches and squeres for the news and informing new things, laws etc.
    For arabic text bacward and reguar browsing method, horisontal, it can be used mouse too but easyly by arrow keys. Now horisontal and vertical are mixup, it causes disfunktion in brain, when you read a book you say forward but in computer you say down, it doesent make sense because in european culture down is back and up is forward, how we understand things. Past is left and future right, at computer same book is backward:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Soumik responded

Due to lack of clarity we are closing this.

5. I run a lot of scripts on Acrobat and it would be nice to have the tools tab be the one that opens on launch. Currently, I need to do 4 clicks every time I want to run an action script Tools > Action > Choose My Action > Select Files.

Even a shortcut to specific tools would be amazing! You can do this on all other Adobe programs (assign shortcuts) but you cannot do this on Acrobat and it makes my workflow on this program so much slower.

I saw a lot of requests to remove the tools pane,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a currently unidentified issue in our organization that is preventing the Adobe Acrobat 2017 PDFMaker Office 2016 add-in from functioning in any office product.
    The add-in shows up in the "Inactive add-ins" tab in the office options. When you try to reactivate the add-in, it fails, give the following error: "Load behavior: Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in". If you delete, and then attempt to reinstall the add-in, the installation will fail giving this next error:" "C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\PDFMaker\Office\x64\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in." We have done complete Uninstall/Reinstall's of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I specifically said "do not open document after creation" so, while it doesn't open the specific document, it just opens Acrobat DC with all my most recent documents. Way to shove it down my throat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I much preferred the more compact layout of Adobe Acrobat Pro 10. DC uses far too much screen space with large icons especially on a 13" laptop. I cant see the improvement really??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

9. Opening and closing multiple files that are approximately 4 MB causes this to occur. It is almost as if DC feels that closed files are still open.

Virtual memory is dynamic and typically starts at 16 GB, RAM 16 GB. Online thoughts for fixes are unsuccessful. If not fixed by subscription end, I go back to Acrobat Pro XI. The features of DC are minimized when the software crashes so often.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi there! Can you please fix this issue?Whenever I am saving any Microsoft file (ie Powerpoint, Word) as a PDF in the 10.3.5 recent update it is really messing up my file. The fonts are all messed up, the hyperlink is incorrect, etc. Please fix this ASAP!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can you please add a "Save/Open Document Group"?On many occasions, I may have several PDF Documents open in Adobe Acrobat DC, relating to a specific project. It would be good to save that "Document Group" to be able to open them all with one click, instead of opening individually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is a Bug Report
    Hi,
    We are having multiple people at our organization having issues with the "Combine PDF" function when using Acrobat DC. When they combine anything (pdfs only, a mix of pdf and docx, pptx, etc) they will get the new document, but certain pages will be blanked out with all the original text deleted. All they get is the background image if there is one, but no text will remain. This seems to be a random occurance as it affects different files and different pages within these files.

As this is random, I cannot provide a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like, if I have a file open with, for example, the Comment toolbar opened, I would like other files opened in the same window to also open with the Comment toolbar open.

This does not need to be set as a default when loading the first file, nor does it need to override the toolbar setting in each tab when I change tools; just when I open a new file, I don't want to have to reopen the same tool I'm using in the tab I already have open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scrolling creates lines so I can't see the content. I have to click on the mouse after scrolling a tiny bit before I can see the content. So inefficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I keep getting an error message "Adobe Acrobat ! Out Of Memory" on brand new Dell XPS 8930.
    Seems to occur after having multiple pdf files open at the same time.

I have never experienced his with X Pro. on my 10 year old HP PC, which i'm still using due to this issue.
    Please help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DC shuts down repeatedly. Tried installing on another computer and the same thing happened: DC opens, stays open for a few moments, then closes spontaneously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.

Please try repair installation using steps from helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-..

17. I suggest a feature that would read out loud individual word(s) as selected by the user and also be able to read out loud the alt tag on images if the image is clicked. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Over the last few months when we try to open PDF files on either programs, 'insufficient data for an image' error appears and the PDF file turns blank. We are scanning from a printer called Sharp MX-3640. It is happening to different PDF files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sometimes when loading a PDF into the ActiveX control it never seems to load the fonts. This only seems to happen when loading a PDF immediately after initializing the control but never for subsequent loads.

The issue happens with a lot of different PDFs, some more often than others. It happens fairly often with the attached pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dear Adobe - why you wanna harvest MY ideas? Isn't enough that you exploit intellectual talent around the globe!!!

My complaint is about how much you SUCK!!!! I pay $16/month to open and edit PDFs. I pay half that to view movies!!! And that's faster than loading and opening your POS software! how you became a standard is what is wrong with this god forsaken planet!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  amukherj responded

Closing this thread since not much of actionable input is there apart from expressing general sentiments.
    Please use this forum to request for new features you woud like to see in the product.
    If you have bugs to report – please explain the workflow and attach relevant files so that our engineers can act on those.

• Don't see your idea?