Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. The online version of Adobe Pro DC needs to have an edit function for existing PDFs. Especially ones that were created in the desktop version of Pro DC. You are unable to continue working on a PDF that you created on the desktop, but need to do an update or edit to that file away from your desktop/office.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

2. We have many attachments to each of our PDF files. It would be really great if the attached files could be organized by folder of category and not alphabetically. Please see attachment for an example.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to request that the account manager information be added to the Admin portal. This is not specific to a product. If I need to contact my account manager I have no way to look up this information and it seems to change frequently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for Reporting. We have raised this to our engineering teams and will get back to you in case of an update.

4. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    Raising a feature request for you. We will get back to you once this request is prioritized and implemented.

Thanks.

5. We need to set PDFs to open in the browser, however, sometimes the user needs to edit these (such as using Fill & Sign). In this case, the user clicks Fill & Sign, and they are told to download the file and open it.

It would be far easier if the toolbar that's visible when a user opens a PDF in the browser has a simple button where they could open it in whatever app they had set as the default for PDFs (Acrobat Professional, or Reader). Perhaps a button called "Open in Acrobat"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should work as Acrobat Reader after the trial period ends. This way, like in my case, people that want to buy a monthly subscription on and off can still use it as Acrobat Reader and don't need to install Acrobat Reader separately.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it easier to find how to reduce file size for emailing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need the ability to query a Cloud storage account for a present folder (and the ability to create a new folder) when opening or saving files directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Since it seems Adobe uses the same infrastructure for all cloud storage systems, if this is implemented for one company, I'd imagine it'd be entered for all compatible ones (Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc.).

We already have this functionality in the Microsoft Office integrations of these same cloud providers, so using Acrobat significantly slows the process of opening or saving files from the cloud when one has to go through…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to suggest an improvement to Acrobat Professional:

When adding headers or footers to a document, I suggest that the mechanism use the document's page numbers, instead of inventing its own.

For example, my document has page numbers A.1 through A.29 followed by B.1 through B.7 followed by C.1 through C.6 ... followed by V.1 through V.11.

Right now, it seems that the only way I can get the actual page numbers to accurately appear in the footer is Add 22 different footers. That's an onerous task.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customer should be able to print multiple tabbed documents as a single print job ie: combine all the open tabbed documents into a single print job.

Sometimes, customer need to print financial reports about once a month for two accounts so that's a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss report for each account - 4 documents. Now user can manually merge them into a single PDF, but that's not how user want to store them. It would be awesome that instead of user printing 3 copies of each of the 4 documents and then manually collating them into 3 stapled…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

11. Please create a preferences setting so that the commenting sidebar opens by default when opening a document. That's what I use 99% of the time, and it's irritating to have to open that up every single time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am an admin who manages the Adobe Portal for hundreds of licenses at my company. With the new portal, it doesn't allow me as the admin of our portal to see who has activated their license. This is a HUGE issue for us. We used to be able to see who had activated it and who hadn't and if they hadn't, we would remove their license and give it to another user. This is no longer available. Making improvements shouldn't remove options, but add some. This new bug is HUGE for my company. This new portal is going back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I have shared your concerns with the relevant team working on admin console. Once we have further information from the concerned team on this, we will be able to update you.

Thanks,
    Karan

13. In Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Classic & Acrobat Pro 2017 the PDF icons on the left are quite large in Portfolio / View /Layout . It would be great if PDF Thumbnails could be enabled like in Windows explorer by checking the preference in General . I realise not all file thumbnails for all types of files could easily be created ( example Excel , Word )etc ..but we combine a lot of PDF secured files into a Portfolio & the thumbnail PDF view would really be a great feature in Portfolio/View / Layout
    Windows 7 Pro 32 bit &…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files.I already pay a subscription fee every month and you want ANOTHER $80 to help me. I didn't choose to close the program I didn't have a choice and charging $80 for something that is YOUR fault is daylight robbery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also does Acrobat quits with a crash? if yes kindly provide the crash logs.

15. Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I created a nice form, loaded it to the web, tested it and when I clicked the "Submit" button - nada! Researched, tried other methods and when I finally called support, I was told that Acrobat DC can't/won't email completed pdf forms from the web! But maybe it would work if I could find someone who could code the javascript for me. So I found the javascript (I can do some coding) and this.maildoc() doesn't work.

Why bother with this? It was a huge waste of time. There are on-line pdf form companies that charge less and claim to offer…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to adjust the leading for multi-scroll fillable type. I often have to adjust my art in InDesign so that the type matches the lines on forms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Acrobat needs an append option... or the ability to print multiple docs to a Portfolio.
    All of the competitors have an option to print multiple files and add to single document. Acrobat even allows you to append scans to exiting pdfs. Why is there no option that does not require you to save multiple pdfs and then combine them. Seems easy enough... but when you have users refusing to switch platforms because they email statements to customers all day, the added steps of saving and combining documents would literally add hours a day to their workflow, You are not going…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In previous versions of Adobe Acrobat / reader you could use a 3d mouse (3dconnexion) to zoom and navigate a document. This is very helpful on larger drawing type documents where you want to move around and zoom in. I noticed that the 3d mouse does work to scroll up and down a text type document. Are there any plans to integrate zoom and pan features?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Choose View > Zoom > Pan & Zoom, or click the Pan & Zoom tool in the Select and Zoom toolbar.

Do any of the following:
    1.Drag the handles of the box in the Pan & Zoom window to change the document magnification.

2.Drag the center of the box to pan across the area you want to see.

3.Click the navigation buttons to move to a different page.

4.Enter a value in the zoom text box, or click the plus or minus buttons to increase or decrease the magnification by preset levels.

20. Here's an idea...whenever trying to edit a picture and this ANNOYING message pops up:
    "The object you selected uses transparency and might look different in your editing application. Furthermore, the appearance of the page may change in unexpected ways after this object is edited. Do you want to edit this object anyway?"

A NEW OPTION appears > DO NOT ASK AGAIN FOR EVER AND EVER THRU ETERNITY. THANKS

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

• Don't see your idea?