Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Occasionally after defining text to be redacted and assigning a stamp notation beside it, when you apply the redaction some of the stamps disappear. It is not consistent and very random. It's not all the same stamp or in the same place on the page. They just don't all make it to the redacted version. Help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe XI-Professional-MAC Version 11.0.23 is craching after an update of MAC OS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88). Some times it fails while saving files other than desktop and most of the time system crahes while signing the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a video in MP4, H.264 embedded in an Interactive PDF. Properties are with no border and background white, still before it starts reproducing I see a grey cube in place of the video and as long as it is not in Full Screen mode I have always some kind of border around the video. Even worse, the border changes everytime I open it, sometimes it's above, then beneath, then to the right or to the left. Contacted the support two times already, they can't help. Told me that the senior team would get in contact with me, I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ana,

Can you please share the PDF with which you are facing this, also kindly provide the version of Acrobat you are using.

Thanks for reporting
    -Pratyush

4. dear, it is very frustrating to have to convert fonts to outlines through the process of placing watermark and flattening transparency.
    don't you want to add a simple function for converting fonts to outlines?
    thank you very much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We should be able to print more than 999 copies theses days. This is really a pain. All other product we use here at my company allow to print more than that. I know i can change the values with my Fiery's interface after printing, said 1 copy, but this is a two steps ways and it is less efficient...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have several settings/presets saved in the folder:

/Users/saschabucher/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

But only some of them are showing up in the Distiller settings dropdown where you can set the preset. The ones showing up are not even in the alphabetic order. This is maybe related to the issue in InDesign where the script panel is also not anymore ordered.

This is may just cased by OSX High Sierra and SSD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
    For Distiller setting dropdown not in alphabetic order we have logged a bug in our database.
    And Setting which are not showing in dropdown this is not reproducible at our end. Can you please try reinstalling and updating Acrobat if its not updated to latest version? Let us know if this issue is still there.

Best Regards!

7. After creating a checkbox, changing its name, modifying its size and assigning "Signer 1" as the participant role, it changes to Signature Field Type.

Demonstrative Video Attached.

Best,

Christian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make it so the fonts are WYSIWIG. It's incredibly frustrating to look at an enormous list of fonts and have no idea what they look like. Also, it would be nice to see Arial in there! Thanks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When viewing and correcting scanned text, the field is so small as to not include the whole word. Also, it would be much easier to just retype the correct text directly in the document

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Despite the submitForm page in the JavaScript API not mentioning the possibility of using a UNC, based on the behaviour of Acrobat Distribution Wizard I decided to test using a UNC instead of a URL by including the following line in my script associated to the MouseUp event of my custom submit button:

this.submitForm({cURL:"//SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

To my satisfaction, everything worked as I suspected.

The following line also worked:

this.submitForm({cURL:"smb://SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

So this seems like an undocumented feature btw pretty useful for small businesses which in general outsource their web services but mantain an onsite file server.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like the ability to add Roman Numerals in headers. Right now, adding a page number within the Headers and Footers dialog box does not allow me to use Roman Numerals (page labels).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have logged a bug for this issue. We will update you, once the engineering team will prioritize the bug and fix it.
    Thanks.

12. After OCR recognition provide a facility not just for correcting the text, but for meta-data labeling of fields and regions. This data would make machine-learned document management much more effective.
    For example, the automated extraction of data from Insurance company EOBs. You might argue, of course, that this is not in Adobe's balliwick, but I'd argue that this is a natural addition to your commenting tools.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    For the first question, ability to correct OCRed text. This functionality is already there. Go to Tools> Enhance scan> Recognize text> Correct Recognize text

For the 2nd query I will raise a feature request for you. We will look into this and inform you if there is nay update.

Thanks.

13. Provide a check off that functions to prevent the OCR from mixing numbers and symbols in words.
    For example: Custodian should not be read Cu&t0d1an - only letters should be recognized in words.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've got a new Mac and Acrobat takes a long time to start up compared to other apps. It often has me using Apple Preview. Any way to make the whole thing lighter?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We are actively working on improving the performance and launch time for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader and we take your feedback. I would also like to know from you whether you see the longer launch times when you open application first time after system reboot (called cold launch) , or when you subsequently quit and open application (warm launch). You should see warm launches should not take a whole lot of time.

Thanks,
    Karan

15. I downloaded the free trial and in the browser, it tells me I have 6 days left in the trial, but when I open the program on the desktop, it tells me that my trial expired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We have forwarded this to relevant team to look into and if any further information required, we will get back.

16. Need a feature that allows you to change the default "Save As" location. This is available in Microsoft Word, but not in Adobe.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Greetings, dear colleagues!

I want to use Advanced Search of the Acrobat XI in order to perform the following search query:
    cat AND "barking dog"

However by trials and errors I found that this syntax does not work in Boolean query mode of the Advanced Search.

It would be great to have such simple, but extremely useful search option

Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Acrobat XI is now out of active development, but we are making a note of your feature request.
    Thanks again for reporting

18. I have filled up a PDF form using Foxit PhantomPDF. I modified the form using Adobe Acrobat DC and when I tried to save the form, I got error "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109)" and I was not able to save the modified form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm trying to deskew a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC, but it will only work when compression is on at the 3rd lowest setting.
    When trying to go higher or turn compression off the deskew fails.

PDF is attached and also here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fopen%3Fid%3D0B4cPyQRFPy9JdkFJYjljbmlWcWs

Settings attached as image.

Acrobat Pro DC v. 2017.012.20098

Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you insert a page into a document, make the default directory for the document to be inserted the same as the document it is being inserted into. Or allow the user to set preferences that include this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.

Regards
    Vivek

• Don't see your idea?