Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Currently have subscription licensed on two machines. Upgrading one machine and need three machine use for a period of time so that I can methodical migrate to the new machine rather than clutter it with years of outdated data & files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Accessibility with NVDA / JAWS: for a data table that spans multiple pages in large files:
    UsingAcrobat Reader DC Version 2019.010.20098 on Windows 10 laptop
    At present my experience is that the table is not exposed as a continuous table.
    Consider a 3 column table.
    Only on the first page on which the table begins, the column headers are read as one switches columns.
    For an NVDA or JAWS user, every subsequent page seems to have a distinct 3 column table with x or y rows and the column headers on the first row of the table on the start…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Mac O.S 10.13.6: the selection color is by default blue, it is not taking the system color . Tried with Acrobat XI pro and even Acrobat Reader same thing. Checked in Mac o.s : 10.14 as well, the same .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the operator's RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space. Make it available when needed and GONE when not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When opening a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac, have an option to let the customer decide the default opening size. Right now, the application opens to FULL SCREEN, when it would be much more convenient to have the opening to a smaller size, such as 100% of the page width (such as 8.5 "). When working on more than one document and opening the PDF to check a point, it is very annoying to have the PDF load in full screen, blocking all other things on the desktop, including the customer's primary document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The current two machine limit is much lower than what is offered by other subscription services. iTunes allows 5 per account, for example. Having one person use 3 machines regularly is not uncommon. I use a work desktop, a home office desktop, and less frequently, a laptop when traveling. It is very inconvenient to have to constantly sign in and out on these machines. I would urge Adobe it increase it's limitation to 3-5 machines per license purchased.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: The Reading Order Tool, and / or Highlighting content in a PDF document for tagging is inaccessible.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Using Acrobat Pro DC 2019 under Windows 7 / 8 / 10, open an untagged PDF for which you do not have the source file.
    2. Preferably, launch a screen reader such as NVDA (http://www.nvaccess.org) or JAWS 2019 (www.freedomscientific.com)
    3. Attempt to begin tagging portions of the document. For most people, this is done using the reading order tool found in the accessibility tools.
    4. Once in the reading order tool, attempt to select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Working on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.523
    Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.010.20069

When combining a list of files, Acrobat will not actually combine the file type HEIC. Everything else is combined but there is no indication in Acrobat that it left the HEIC files out. When combining dozens of files, it is easy to miss this issue.The "Files" attachment shows two PDF's and an HEIC file that need to be combined. When I select all, right click, "Combine files in Acrobat...", I get the results in the "Results" attachment. All that appears is the two PDF's.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. if i create form i need to create dropdown where is default empty value and user chose something only if he need it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Basically, a drop-down field can’t have a completely blank value (unless you set the values using a custom script).

You can add a value that’s a single space, though, or an underscore, or something like “SELECT ITEM” and set it as the default value.

10. I am a construction estimator. I just need the ability to measure from drawings quickly. Does Adobe have another product that does this and without all the bells and whistles?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit Menu > Form Options: does not always show when opening a Form PDF. In Acrobat Standard DC it is hit or miss as to if the Edit Menu show the Form Options selection.

What makes the 'dynamic menu' feature sense a pdf form?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Edit > “Form Options” > is visible (default) in following two cases -

1. A reader extended PDF is opened in Acrobat.
    2. A distributed PDF.

The menu option is also, available in same session for a non-Reader Extended PDF (or non-distributed) if they are opened with a Reader Extended PDF (and/or Distributed PDF).
    That ways the “Edit > Form Option” stays visible until user exit Acrobat application.

Please note, Edit > “Form Options” > does not appear when we are creating form from scratch because as an author he/she has the advantage of using Prepare Form Tools.

12. My Adobe Reader DC crashed on my Mac and I can´t close it, restart it or anything. Even I can´t restart my laptop because is still open. I am trying to log in my account, but this is also not working (still waiting for the reset password mails). I don't now how to delete the program and reinstall it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. there are lots of fonts that become nonsense symbols when we open a PDF...it would be handy if we could back our, right click and open a PDF as an image, then it would not be an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When combining pdf files coming from Nitro 9, in some cases I have issues with some sentences. There are missing letters.
    It doesn't appear each times, but when it appears it is always the same mistake

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When exporting a PDF from a Hebrew InDesign file, where the tagging order is correctly set from RTL and Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer is checked, the screen reader (JAWS in this case) reads the Hebrew text backwards. Is this something that is currently supported?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was having problems using abode so cancelled my subscription from frustration. All my invoices were done on this system and now I have no record. Why were the invoices removed from my system when I cancelled my subscription, they were done while I was paying to use it and I want them back

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fill and sign entries (text inputs into forms) are initially editable but then lose editability for unknown reasons. When filling in a large form I need to be able to go back and change entries. Why do my entries stop being editable??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Entries in Fill and Sign will stop being editable once you apply a signature/initial to document and then save it.

Regards,
    Sandeep

18. please give users the ability to cancel subscription when no other options adobe states the instructions. user has called several times, chatted several times, user has contact credit card company and paypal and adobe. adobe reponds with same solutions that dont work and even closes tickets that are unresolved, provide excessive wait times making it impossible to cancel membership. requestred assistance from law enforcement and other and other agencies as adobe s obtuse consideration is too take your money with no soutions. adobe appears to employ mentally impaird personnel that are unabke ti decipher common english thereby abdoning common sense…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An extension for PDFs in Microsoft Edge is needed so PDFs can open in Acrobat (or Reader) instead of the browser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Problema de instalación no se encuentra IMSLib. Los servicios de Acrobat no funcionan.
    Ricardo Rojas 21/12/2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?