Feature request / Bug report

Spell Checker

A fully functional spell checker is necessary for Acrobat DC (17.009).

Frequently I get documents requiring proof-reading and the only option is to export as a DOCX, run a spell checker there and, for every error, go back to DC and either comment the error or correct it myself. Not ideal, to say the least.

Such functionality would also provide useful features. For example, to check French text has the correct accents or, even, being able to "translate" from US English to British English

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Seth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminBilal Ansari (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I proofread documents digitally as pdfs, and it blows my mind that there isn't a spell check tool available on Acrobat. Acrobat is used by millions to review documents. Why not build in a spell check tool?

Spell check is a KEY feature for any software that is used to perform reviews. This is especially important in today's world where the majority of edits are being done electronically.

In the case of my company, which publishes world language textbooks, we cannot afford to purchase InDesign for each and every editor. The people designing our files in InDesign are often not fluent speakers of the target language, so it is crucial that we find a way for our editors to spell check PDFs.

I concur, with such robust functionality, a built in spell checker should be very prominent and standard fare, I would think?

Thank you for any follow up on this or updates!

• molly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of ridiculous that you can't spell-check on non-editable content. Every reviewer is looking at a PDF. Why make them jump through hoops to do a simple spell-check?

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base