Bug: Acrobat Pro DC crashes after comparing files and trying to close compare file
- Open Acrobat Pro DC.
- Open file A.pdf (which I believe was created by InDesign from AB.indd)
- Open file B.pdf (which I believe was created by InDesign from AB.indd)
- Under Tools, select 'Compare Files'.
- Click the 'Compare' button.
- After it creates the comparison report, close the document tab for [Compare Report] B.pdf, by clicking the 'X' on the tab.
- It should ask, "Do you want to save changes to '[Compare Report] B.pdf' before closing?"
- Click 'No'.
- A box pops up saying "Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working." Problem Details are: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: Acrobat.exe Application Version: 17.9.20044.25828 Application Timestamp: 58e430d1 Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 6c5fa8a6 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
David Forthoffer shared this idea
Declined · AdminAakash Deep (Software Engineer, Adobe) responded
As there hasn’t been any update from the user, marking the status as ‘Declined’.