Feature request / Bug report

Time saving toolbars

Give us more useful Toolbar with plenty of stuff - must make endless useless clicks to access simple things. Just to Open a page needs 2 clicks! This wastes time. Hover over text that fan open files would help.

This is a terrible product to use - thank goodness for the free stuff Foxit and PDF Creator. Not user friendly and pro-production at all.

135 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this interface is WAAAAY cumbersome. I just want to open a file... not search the whole page of options to...wait.... at the bottom of options..... Browse... what a concept.

Let's see how many clicks it takes to open that file in my MAC directory: One!

All of this mouse travel is causing hand issues. To whom at Adobe do I do I send my medical bills? (sarcasm)

To edit images and vector files, add the Edit Object tool to your Quick Tools.
        Right click on the toolbar. Open Print Production. Select Edit Object.
        Click the Plus Sign with the Arrow to move it up to the Quicktools Tool Bar.
        From there it is easy. Select the item you want to edit. Then Right click the item
        and choose Edit Object. It should open in Photoshop or Illustrator. Make your edits.
        Save. Wait 10 seconds for Acrobat to update the item. Close the edited item.
        Your PDF should be updated with the change.

I totally agree. When I want to edit an image in Photoshop, I have to click and wait for Acrobat to scan the pdf for editing, when all I want to edit is one image!!! Previous versions were so much easier to use.

• CQI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!!! Very frustrating having to keep clicking endlessly until you find what you are looking for. I end up using my free snipping tool so I don't have the hassle.

• Joe Vetere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe Acrobat DC’s interface with all the ridiculous icons. I have been using Acrobat since version 1.0. Every version from 1.0 to 11.0 was greatly improved for the professional user. Now it takes extra steps to locate the correct tool that wastes time and money, because of the silly icons, instead of the preferred lists. Acrobat 10 was the best improvement, and version 11 was a nice refinement. I refuse to use Acrobat DC, so I will continue to use versions 10 and 11 on my other PCs. You should inform management that the professional users do not care for Acrobat DC’s interface. On the other hand, you will not inform management, because you and management do not care about the customers.

• Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're looking for concrete advice about how to improve the user interface, it's pretty simple. Open up Acrobat X or earlier. Though the UI in older versions wasn't anything amazing, see how all the tools and panels are at least quickly available with 1 or 2 clicks? See how we can jump from commenting to a print separations preview without having to "search" for tool functions by typing their name into a box? See how we don't have to tinker with customizing toolbars if we don't want to? The DC UI, where you are locked into a specific toolset that takes over the screen for each type of task, is incredibly annoying for professional users who are jumping around doing multiple kinds of tasks on a document. Furthermore it has always been annoying that Acrobat's interface is on a totally different planet from the rest of the Creative Suite. Why can't Acrobart have straightforward dockable panels that match the design and functionality of those in Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator...or ALL OF YOUR OTHER APPS?

Lousy upgrade. You tried to be too smart and to think for everyone. I don't think of the menu terms you've decided upon when I want to draw a cloud around a detail and add text. So - I can't find the tool I want to use and can't use Adobe to do what I need to do. Time for another product.

Agree. I liked my old customized toolbar. I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel every time I want to draw something

I agree. It took me 10 x longer to do what I needed to do...only I could no longer do half of what I needed to do, since the new interface seemingly provides only half the functionality of the prior one.

stop changing the user interface, changes negatively impact our efficiency. Feel free to add new functionality, but don't move the gas pedal and turn signal levers......

Revert the Acrobat DC UI to be more similar to XI. XI worked much better and I had fewer issues with it, every time I need to do something in DC it takes more steps and I feel like throwing my computer out the window. I have never used profanity like I do when I use Acrobat DC.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SIMPLIFY THE INTERFACE!! Now you have to know what category the task you want to do is in, under the hidden away TOOLS menu. It's SO CONFUSING unless you use Acrobat every single day - it's NOT AT ALL INTUITIVE like it could or should be. I know you have a ton of features but this is the pits how you've organized it. Please please please rethink this atrocious, "pretty" but useless and cumbersome interface. It's impossible to find anything without clicking through dozens of icons and looking hopelessly around for what you need.

I TEACH computer software, and have for 25 years. This has got to be the absolute WORST interface I've ever seen Adobe come up with, EVER!

PLEASE! Reorganize this so that a human being could find things without first having to know in advance what little bin you've tucked everything away into. It's pretty, and it's really, really hard to use.

• AdminAyush Jain (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you are facing.
        Can you please let me know the exact workflow where you feel its a multi step process while executing your workflow?

-Ayush

← Previous 1
      Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base