Signed document should be frozen, while it is not....
When we (in my company) sign documents with "fill and sign", we get following instant message; " When you save a form with signature or initials you will no longer be able to edit the existing form fields". This is perfect! BUT; this is not true! Even after the document is saved, others can change anything in the document, and even delete the signature!!!?!! Should be possible to choose if others should be able to sign (as multiple signatures often is needed), or if it should be totally locked for any editing after signing!
My organization would love to be able to clear a signature so we can edit the form and then re-sign it. I can't find the clear the signature field in Acrobat DC, and if I save/re-name the document the darn signature is still there!!! Why can't I clear it?
Also could you please provide me with you Acrobat version number so that i can check for the Send for Signature app issue.
Thanks Alan for sharing your feedback. We will report this to our engineering team.
Hello Sandeep, and thanks for the reply. No worries about late reply, as long as there is a reply... ;)
Good that the behavior is as expected. But then I have one question and one comment:
1) Where do I find the "Send for Signature"? It is not in the right panel (together with "Fill and Sign", "Create PDF", "Comment" and so on)? And I can not find it under tools...?
2) If the behavior is as expected, I would urge you to remove or change the info-text "When you save a form with signature or initials you will no longer be able to edit the existing form fields." when signature is placed with "Fill and Sign" - as this text leads us to believe that the document is protected while it is not.
Thanks and regards
Hope you are doing good. Sorry for the late reply and the inconvinence caused to you.
The behavior is as expected. Fill and Sign application is for adhoc signing purposes.
You can fill the document using Fill and sign and then use our Send for Signature application to get your documents signed by yourself and others.
Please send the PDF on my mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry; I was not able to find any way to send or share the pdf here...? How can I do that?
Hello again! Thanks for feedback. Answers to your question;
1) We use both Acrobat standard DC and Acrobat XI with Windows 7. No matter which Acrobat we use.
2) This seem to happen with every pdf (electronically made where text can be edited. If it is scanned, we need to convert to text)
3) Sure. I will send a file where I have added some text after signing (and the original one signed). As I do not know how to include in this reply, I will send it to you.
Other people will be able to sign the document again but they will not be able to change any existing fields/signature.
Could you please share the following details with us :
1. Version of your Acrobat/Reader and version of your OS.
2. Does this happens with every PDF file or specific PDF file.
3. Please share a sample PDF file with us.