Missing file opens at Computer Startup
When starting my computer Acrobat DC Pro opens looking for a missing file.
Really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing here.
Does that happen every time your computer starts or everytime you launch Acrobat. ?
If it happens just after the computer starts , I assume there might be some Incorrect Startup call configured on your Windows OS where your Computer searches for a Temp file / Corrupt file on Startup and try to launch it through Acrobat.
I would request you to kindly check the Startup programs on your computer and look for the suspected Startup Item /command that may be causing this.
here is how you can check that
On Win 10
1) Open Task Manager
2) Go to "Startup" tab and right click on the title bar to view the "Command Line" along with Name, Publisher, etc.
3) Look for the suspected Command with Adobe Acrobat and disable it
4) Restart your computer and check again.
On Win 7
1) Press Win-r . In the "Open:" field, type msconfig and press Enter .
2) Click the Startup tab.
3) Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup.
4) When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
5) In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.
Let me know if disabling any of the avaiiable Suspected Startup programs helped you solve this issue ?
I had tried repairing before and did not work, just tried again and still get same message. I even tried removing the program and reinstalling it. Nothing has worked so far.
Can you please Repair/Reinstall your Acrobat and then try.
ForRepairing : go to Help -> Repair Installation
The issue might be due to some corrupt installation for resource file.
Can you please try that and let me know if that solves ?