Acrobat taskbar icon uses Photoshop icon
In Windows 10, Acrobat DC's taskbar and start menu shortcut icons randomly switch to using the Photoshop icon. Acrobat DC is the only program that exhibits this problem. The only cure is to follow one of the methods shown in this 2013 forum post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673. Please fix this bug, which still exists in 2017!
Drew Chapin commented
I have the same issue, but it appears as the stock Windows Image icon. @ahusain's workaround is about pointless, because while it does temporarily work. After a month or so (I believe whenever an update is installed), the problem will return.
Adminahusain (Software Engineer, Adobe) commented
We have logged a bug at our end and will investigate it further.
In the meantime there is a workaround for your problem:
• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
• Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you'll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
• Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
• Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
• Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window
• Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
• Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)
• Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat DC" and close the window
• Again pin the icon on the taskbar.
Please let me know if it worked.