pdf forms exported as flat (non-editable) pdf files
I have designed forms that my staff complete & then we provide to external sources. I need these to export as a flat file & don't see how that could be accomplished other than export to MS Word & then to a pdf... kinda labor intensive!
You can print the form using your .pdf distiller. File->Print->Adobe PDF (instead of your normal paper printer). I do this all the time, hope it works for you.
Yes please! I send fillable forms for clients, but they need to easily convert to flat in order to send it to print in a print shop like Staples, for example, that does not recognise fillable forms PDF.
Would be great if it could have an easy way to end users of Adobe Reader convert fillable forms to flat PDF.
thanks, Gaurav Sharma, this does work, however, I'm not sure it's any easier than exporting to word and saving as a PDF. appreciate your time and efforts, b
After filling form, by below process, you can make it non-editable :
1. File-> Properties
2. Go to Security tab.
3. Select "Password Security" under "Security Method" dropdown.
4. Then a dialog box open in which check the checkbox under Permissions head.
5. "Changes allowed" dropdown value should be set as "None".
6. Provide some password under "Change Permissions Password" text box.
7. Click on OK and again confirm the password entered.
8. Click on OK and save the file.
Now it will become non-editable.
Hope it works for you.