Feature request / Bug report

Draw Shapes - add a no fill option

Please add a separate opacity scale for "fills" and "borders" in the draw shapes, or add a "no fill" option for color. Right now they have to have the same opacity, and it would be nice to add boarders without a filled in box.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH MY GOSH. I can't believe how difficult it is to figure out how to add a shape to a pdf file with Acrobat Pro 2017. It was so easy in the old version. Please, Please help me.

• Micheal Shackelford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please include 'no fil' as an option shape create (or edit) dialogs. I used 'empty' shapes far more than I used filled/colored shapes when doing markups of others' documents. I'd rather not use something other than Acrobat for my markups, but w/o "no fill", I'll have to.

• Stan Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's inconceivable that there is no longer a No Fill option for shapes. Thankfully, I found an article that gave me a backdoor trick/tip to get the job done, but it blows my mind that Adobe has not recognized this oversite themselves. Command E on a Mac will bring up the old Properties pallet, which will allow you to select No Fill as a color option.

http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-case-for-still-using-deprecated.html

• Kelly Vaughn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Iam trying out Bluebeam Revu and they offer this feature. That software is designed specifically to meet the needs of people in AEC.

• LP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE BRING BACK THE 'NO FILL' OPTION FOR DRAW SHAPES!!!

I've heard so many people asking for this that I did a blog article explaining why this feature is so important. That article explains in detail why this feature is so important to the UI of Acrobat.

In a nutshell: "... the default setting of the drawing markup tools is "No fill." Notice how NONE of the giant color swatches are checked? That's because you cannot accomplish "No fill" using this new tool. You must bring up the old Properties bar."

Please Adobe staff (both marketing and engineering), please read this article!

http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2018/06/how-to-make-pdf-drawing-markup-with-no.html

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. to Document Geek, after spending hours trying to figure it out, I discovered the properties "secret." Every other Mac app I have used has a no-fill option. Please, please add this into color picker (keep it in properties too.)

Please reconsider adding this feature. It is a must have for anyone doing drawing markups on construction drawings. Heck, even the default tool settings for the drawing tools are set to "No Fill." If a user changes the fill color of a shape and then wants to go back to "no fill", how in the world are they supposed to do it, given that the redesigned choices of fill colors does not include 'No fill." Why on earth would anyone in the ACE industries use Acrobat for drawing markups if it is seemingly impossible to outline something with no fill?

Bluebeam, Nuance, and Foxit are coming for your users!

• AdminArvind Yadav (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear User,
        “Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.”

Regards,
        Arvind

• Sabry ElDeeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to Adobe DC using MAC pro system. I'm facing a difficulty to make the drawings fill off, once make it fill on.

Also, the only place to find the "No fill" option is in the deprecated Properties bar. Why wasn't it added anywhere in the Color Picker?

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base