DC disappears (crashes) after new scan
Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.
the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" /> <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer> <Security /> </System>
- <EventData> <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data> <Data>5ccb9be1</Data> <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data> <Data>c1f0557a</Data> <Data>c0000409</Data> <Data>000a24cb</Data> <Data>4528</Data> <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
I have some new info for you. I ran a repair installation today and was able to stabilize the behavior enough to provide additional clues. I am able to create a PDF from a new scan using the tools command "Create PDF". This command launches the "Create PDF" Tool.
I cannot create a PDF from a new scan from the file menu >>> Create >>>> PDF From Scanner. This command launches the "Enhance Scans" tool which is different from the "Create PDF" tool. Trying to create a new scanned PDF fails at the point of saving and the program and scan close and disappear. I can repeat this behavior even after a reboot. This is a windows 10 machine running Acrobat DC standard build number 19.012.20035.
Please advise. Ed
Thank you for the follow up email. We now have two users out of 10 or so with the problem. We have Fujitsu 7160 scanners. The problem seems to be related to something in our profiles. I tested via using a different profile on the same computer and it worked. I've used the stripping tool to remove the program from the bad profile and that worked once, Until I rebooted. I used the online help to remove and remain the Acrobat preferences folders in my APPDATA folders. That worked once until I rebooted and the issue returned. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my twain drivers and Acrobat drivers at least three times. I removed Reader twice, but I need reader in addition to Acrobat DC to operate our professional software. This is an accounting firm and we do not wish to destroy our network profiles to fix. Is there another solution?
Attached is my build and version info. We are using Windows 10 on new Dell computers.
Thank you for reporting the issue. Can you please provide us the details of the following:
1. Acrobat Version - Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
a. Go to help -> About Acrobat ... and take a screenshot
2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
We have fixed a related issue of this type reported on Fujitsu scanners, Can you please check on the latest build available.