The new version stinks!
I'd like to revert to the previous version of Acrobat - the new version is NOT better - more confusing!
I have a lot more complains:
1) Tools are now floating around, and no way to dock them to the toolbar where there's a lot of space
2) No way to add other tools, like go to previous etc that were available in the previous version
3) Bookmarks are well-hidden now, but I found them...on the other, right side of the app - the opposite of EVERY SINGLE OTHER APP on earth! Why in the **** do you make it counterintuitive and unusable??
4) Even current version is so very well hidden it took me a while to find!
5) No option to open each file in its own document
6) Graphics is like from 1999. You think it's innovative? No - it's 4 steps back. Some of us still remember how ugly it was then, and it looks like a new cool? It's NOT.
7) Your website sucks. I was able to find a "link" to download previous versions in the help section. Well, the only avaiable option is still this same horrendous version 2023.008.20470
GIVE US BACK previous version!!
Adminisverma (Admin, Adobe) commented
We appreciate your valuable feedback!
We acknowledge that the new Reader represents a notable change and you have been experiencing few issues around usage of Add Text & Comment-Insert Text features in the New UI
We were able to understand the Add text issue in New UI with the help of the details shared by you.
Thank you for the same, we will plan to get this fixed in the future.
We would also like rectify the issue you are experiencing with Comment - Insert Text and it would be helpful if you can provide us with the step details you are performing leading to the issue so that we can resolve that too.
Thank you once again for your feedback and do look forward to our upcoming releases!
Andrew Mabon commented
Where we used to be able to add text on the fly, now it's required we go into edit mode. I have to select the colour I use all the time (blue) and there doesn't seem to be a way to save defaults. If the document is secured I'm not able to do this. Comment - Insert text doesn't work at all and fluctuates between a pointing hand and the text icon which is 75% of what I use Adobe for.