Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Every time we open a SharePoint PDF, Acrobat asks to Checkout and Open, Open, or Cancel. Please let me skip this question to browse quickly! It is an Adobe problem, not Microsoft! It only happens on Acrobat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Current default color is nearly unreadable. All my PDF's are using this color, so it's the default. Unable to change the color except by opening every PDF with bookmarks & changing using properties bar. Color change should be easier

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to have an index page created (from name of pdf's) or the possebility to type in one myself at the first page when adding mutliple Pdf's into one. with a link on the index page to the pages througout the new pdf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Version Will NOT Allow A .pdf To Open Directly Into Your Office365 Create New Mail Tab So That An Email Can Be Sent

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to just be able to select to print only your comments and to be able to select to print only text that you have highlighted. This would be helpful when working with large documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Under MacOSX (10.9/10.11/10.13) Acrobat DC does not play well with Dropbox. Using the Acrobat file screen to open a file in Dropbox often results in a LONG delay (or even crashes).

Double clicking directly within Dropbox folders in the Finder brings the same file up without delay or crashing.

Please fix this annoying bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am having an issue with the "Fill in and Sign" feature. When I open up a PDF that doesn't have fillable fields but I'm just trying to add text to the page, as soon as I hit the letter "A" key, I get an error message that says, "Currently there are no form fields in this PDF. DO you want Adobe Acrobat to detect form fields for you?" This only happens when I have the Single Key Shortcut Accelerators enabled in preferences. When I don't, I can type the text without an issue but when they're enabled it triggers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will let our engineering team know about this issue and will inform you in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. I imagine if the pdf file was created from another application, and was set to "Fit" this print setting carried over to Adobe. If so, there needs to be a way to reset default print setting from print dialog box to change to "Actual." I don't know if if the original file was set to that or not as I don't have it but please look into this. It's very important issue.

Thank you,

Sandy

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

10. Crop marks: Make it easier to choose to save version with crop and bleed turn on or off. I frequently have to adjust a print ready file with crops and bleeds not showing and it is time-consuming. Why not have a crop/bleed SHOW or DON'T SHOW function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

11. Nearly every tool and application I use has the ability to differentiate between Print and Print Preview. In some apps, Print can be referred to Quick Print. Either way, whether Print, or Quick Print, the idea is to print the object without going through the full Print dialogue, it basically prints the object using the last-used parameters.

Print Preview on the other hand, provides a full menu of choices and is the full printing dialogue.

I no longer have Acrobat Pro installed on any working machines, so I can't confirm this, but I thought Pro had this time-saving capability.

So…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it in our database. We will get back to you in case of any update.

Best Regards!

1. Open a PDF containing text in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat (18) in macOS (10.12.6) on the Mac (also applies to other versions).
    2. In order to select a string of words, double-click on the first word and, without releasing the mouse button, drag in the required direction to extend the selection.

Expected Result: Acrobat should select the word you double-clicked on, and THEN extend the selection word by word based on the direction of the dragging.

Observed Result: Acrobat selects the word you double-clicked on, and then fails to extend the selection.

The only way to select a string of words…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When printing a portfolio, the document print in the order they are named. Could you create an option for the portfolio to print in the order the files are in the portfolio? We use Adobe Acrobat for all our bulk printing tasks, and we have to rename the files to make sure they print in order.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We will surely take it up in consideration for future.

Thanks,
    Mridula

13. I would like to request that the account manager information be added to the Admin portal. This is not specific to a product. If I need to contact my account manager I have no way to look up this information and it seems to change frequently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for Reporting. We have raised this to our engineering teams and will get back to you in case of an update.

14. Compare Files shows a very nice, side-by-side, comparison with markups showing where the changes are at. I would like to print exactly what I'm seeing there (page content and markups) but when I try to print it wants to print a summary page as page 1, and/or, a very busy looking page with labels on the side pointing to changes within the page. I could print the screen, but that's not ideal.

Also, it would be nice to automatically compare pages by page label. For example, I have a 200 page document, and somebody provides me with an 8 page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've got a new Mac and Acrobat takes a long time to start up compared to other apps. It often has me using Apple Preview. Any way to make the whole thing lighter?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We are actively working on improving the performance and launch time for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader and we take your feedback. I would also like to know from you whether you see the longer launch times when you open application first time after system reboot (called cold launch) , or when you subsequently quit and open application (warm launch). You should see warm launches should not take a whole lot of time.

Thanks,
    Karan

16. In many recent builds of Windows 10 with the CC version of Acrobat DC, If a pdf file is opened used and closed, the folder containing the file cannot be deleted even after the pdf file itself has been deleted. The cuase for this is that an Adobe logging process "LogTransport2.exe" holds an open file handle on the containing folder, and the folder cannot be deleted until the LogTransport2 process has been killed. This is a bug and should be fixed immediately.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I open a PDF, I expect to be able to interact with it as soon as it loads, not have to wait 15 seconds while a stupid up-sell overlay loads and then have to close that before I can actually READ the PDF. That **** should be in a newsletter, not in the **** app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the trouble you faced. Can you please attach a screenshot of the dialog you are seeing.

Thanks

18. Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files.I already pay a subscription fee every month and you want ANOTHER $80 to help me. I didn't choose to close the program I didn't have a choice and charging $80 for something that is YOUR fault is daylight robbery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also does Acrobat quits with a crash? if yes kindly provide the crash logs.

19. I suggest creating a new function to the "organize pages" that would allow to invert the order of pages. Very useful if I'm reading in Japanize

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Rod

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.

Regards
    Vivek

• Don't see your idea?