Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PATH AND FILE NAME INSERT OPTION

I would like to see a feature added to Acrobat that would allow Acrobat to stamp the path (location) and name of the document which was created. I am attaching an example of a document created with a different program in which the feature is highlighted..

It would also be great if that stamp would adjust and change as the document is renamed, moved or received and saved by the receiving party.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I u

I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the FIX tool for Artifacting

When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Acrobat Pro DC crashes randomly after scan

After scan from HP Officejet Pro 8620, Acrobat just closes/crashes. Random occurrence.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi,

We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the engineering team and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

5. Search for formatted text

Please extend the advanced search with formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eraser needed

Acrobat needs an eraser tool, much like the one provided in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I work with old pdf images of recorded documents dating clear back to the 1800's; these documents have a lot of photographic "static", shadows images left by the camera which took the image photo, and these items need to be erased to give the document better readability. It is hard to describe without watching the process. If you want a demonstration, contact me and you can log into my computer and watch my process.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjustable Graphic scale set for Measure tool.

As an architect or an engineer, we are always managing plans with different scales that have (usually) a graphic scale for reference. The measure tool would be EXTREMELY useful if includes an option to set the scale by selecting two points on an eventual graphic scale included within an existing pdf... this will help to quickly have the pdf in scale and ready to be measured.

Please, include this feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better deskew object tool

Have a single deskew tool using handle to rotate or enter degrees to get the best results

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern. As of now there is no such option. I will share this idea with the team.
    We will get back to you if there is any update.

Thanks.

9. Select text and Scroll

Highlighting is the main reason why I use pdfs. The main method that I use is selecting the text through hold left click and drag followed by right click and highlight. Usually the page is zoomed so that I can read the text. In a two-column journal, it is often the case that I want to highlight text from one column [bottom] to the other [top] but because the page is zoomed in, the page has to autoscroll back to the top - the speed which this happens is very slow.

Solution:
    Please consider enabling selected text [hold left click]…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Acrobat Pro bug - extracting text with ligatures

This is about both editing and exporting PDFs.
    The attached PDF has an explicit explanation of the issues + screenshots. Text from the attached file goes right here.

I’ve got Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release Version 2015.006.30355.

On Web page https://www.zm.gov.lv/mezi/statiskas-lapas/nozares-informacija/buklets-meza-nozare-latvija-?nid=1088#jump
    ..there is a link to a PDF file "Latvia's Forests During 20 Years of Independence" 2010, https://www.zm.gov.lv/public/ck/files/ZM/mezhi/buklets/MN20EN.pdf
    The PDF file seems to be a nicely composed PDF with Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.2).
    The font used, Museo Slab is a publicly available font, I bet it should not have any major issues.

In the said file, page…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Thumbnail size reduction in Acrobat

RE:Acrobat Professional ver. 2017 and DC

In version 9 I was able to reduce the size of a thumbnail whereby I could view +/- 50 thumbnail pages alongside of a single page document view. According to tech support, this functionality is no longer available. If the only way to see more than +/- 5 thumbnails is to fill the screen with the thumbnail pane, then what is the point of thumbnails at all. I have attached a screen shot to show how I view a document.

It would be extremely useful to bring back this basic functionality. Given that older…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Mike

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this. In the meantime as you yourself mentioned, you can resize the thumbnails panel to a size where you can accommodate more thumbnails and can still see the document.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Vivek

12. User Product Report

Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bulk Changing of Font Color in Acrobat Pro XI and DC

As also expressed in a bug report related to the changing of font colors within a PDF file, I would like to see Acrobat Pro XI and DC have the ability to change the font color of all pages - or a specified range of pages - within a given document, in one pass. Right now this process must be laboriously applied, one page at a time.

This feature would be analogous to the Crop Tool, for instance, which does provide the ability to apply itself to all or to a range of pages within the specified file.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show the total number of files in a PDF portfolio.

In Adobe X the total number of files was shown on the PDF portfolio. Please include this feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi Cozie,

Is your query resolved? Are you able to see number of files after adding “Order” coloumn?

Thanks,
    Mridula

15. Option to change signature color in Fill & Sign feature of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. Our management uses Fill & Sign feature frequently for signing various documents.The default color of signature is black and Acrobat Pro 2017 does not allow to change the color of drawn signature. We would request to please introduce this feature in Acrobat Pro 2017 as is available in Adobe Acrobat DC,

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We have shared this with the engineering team and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

16. Add support for the Data URL scheme

Currently, embedded links which use the Data URL schema are blocked by Adobe Acrobat even when adjusting security settings. Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to support reading these links as they're simply opened in a browser, but we need Acrobat to stop blocking these links. I've attached an example PDF with an embedded data url.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make Acrobat Pro compatible with IBM Notes version 10

Adobe Acrobat has been compatible with the major business application like MS Outlook or Lotus/IBM Notes since a long time.

With the version 10 of IBM Notes (that was October 2018) Adobe Acrobat 2017 is no longer compatible with this email suite.

The PDFMaker Addin did a great job in creating PDFs from Mail.
    Unlike just "printing to PDF" the right border has not been cut when the text was too long and the PDFMaker did include all attachments from the mail into the final PDF.

So the Adobe Acrobat was a perfect companion for documenting approvals and other buisiness…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud

It would be nice to be able t move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transparency grid / solid background toggle.

There should be an easy to find, one click toggle type button that changes the background from white to the transparency grid.
    I often work with PDFs with some amount of transparency for one reason or another, and when showing people that are not familiar with the transparency grid it gets confusing, so if I could quickly toggle the background to white that would help out a lot. Actually, being able to toggle bleed lines and such on and off would be a big help too.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it easier to find how to reduce file size for emailing

Make it easier to find how to reduce file size for emailing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base