Feature request / Bug report

Arabic script with Fill & Sign

This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language to Arabic, or English with Arabic Support above three features will not be displayed any longer. Here is a discussion on Adobe Forums https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575939#7575939

I cannot test Arabic with Adobe Fill and Sign with Acrobat Language changed to Arabic in Preferences to see if it handles Arabic fully. I bet Acrobat team can do this for us.

To shed light on this issue… as long as I'm within the Fill & Sign environment, I'm able to type and view Arabic that I typed as expected, it is once I leave Fill &Sign environment that Arabic words get fragmented and all characters get disjointed. So could this be to the fact that we must change the Language of Acrobat itself to Arabic so that Fill & Sign to function well? This I cannot verify and test due to he reason I mentioned above that some features will disappear from Acrobat upon selecting Arabic for language.

87 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zaid Al Hilali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I type by Fill & Sign tool, the letters become disjoint. Please fix the problem

• Malek BADI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in Searchable PDFs ... Arabic Text is REVERSED ...

To reconstruct the issue or BUG ...

Download Google's Tesseract-OCR

run Tesseract-OCR to generate a searchable PDF from an image that has some Arabic Text with

the following command line:

c:\test> tesseract TEST.JPG Test -l ara+eng PDF

Open the output file TEST.PDF in the following programs:

Adobe Reader - Internet Explorer - Microsoft Edge Browser and Google Chrome
    and see the behavior for highlighting text , or copying text or saving as text !!!!

Google's Chrome correctly handles the file

I wonder how on earth Adobe fails in handling their own products !!!!

not to say the least for Microsoft .. which poorly handles the file in their browsers as well as in SharePoint Indexing !!!

• Mohammed Amer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this bug as I believe you have tons of users who are Arabs and they deserve your attention !!

• Zaid Al Hilali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So sad to read "Anonymous" comment on the Fill & Sign issue with Arabic. I apologise to "Sandeep" whomever he is, and other programmers and developers in Acrobat team for the racist comments made.

You "Anonymous" didn't help us with your offensive comments, it saddens me more to see your comments associated with the iconic image of Ka'ba as non-muslims may think this is what Islam teaches us! الله يسامحك

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe can you fix this? What you would expect from "Sandeep" probably from India. I am tired of the Western world outsourcing to clueless India. Cheap labour. **** code. Magento did this with Ukraine and got a **** Magento 2 Front End over engineered platform and now Adobe trying to get cheap Indians for an Arabic fix.

@Ibrahimn Da'as,
    Marhaba, It is only the "Fill & Sign" that doesn't support Arabic, while the normal PDF forms on the other hand supports Arabic very well. Just make sure to use "Prepare Form" feature in Acrobat to convert any scanned paper form, or any other form that you create in MS. Word or Adobe InDesign to PDF.

• Muhammadhu Saabir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arabic is the fifth largest spoken language in the world and Adobe still cannot figure out a way to support that language. Don't you feel shame to be called such a big developer?

• Nabeel Abdulqader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good day,
    I’m a frequent user of the Adobe DC and I use it on all of my PDF, my problem that it’s not showing the Arabic fonts on editing to a PDF file or Singing it, like if I want to add the word “سلام” it will show it like “س ل ا م” separating each character. I tried the support for couple of years and was updating my versions as available, but still not working.
    Waiting for your support & feedback.
    Thanks,
    Nabeel

@afra nasser, I suppose you're on Windows machine and that's why you have a fix. For me, on Mac I wasn't able to have neither Acrobat update nor Reader update to run after downloading them since both applications on my machine are updated to the latest version already.

• mezaguer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Sandeep, the adobe admin.
    Any update since your post in August 2017 ( 13 months) ?

← Previous 1
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base