Convert html to pdf on Mac
Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.
Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
As much as I understand from your post, you want to convert an HTML document to PDF from browser. It is unclear if the document is a locally saved HTML file or an online URL.
Unfortunately, local HTML files cannot be converted from browser as Acrobat browser extensions only work for online URLs. So you will have to use Acrobat Create PDF tool to convert the file.
1. Launch Acrobat.
2. Go to File→Create→PDF from Web Page.
3. Click on “Browse” button and select the HTML file to be converted.
4. Click Create.
If the converted document is not proper (as mentioned by you), please share a sample HTML file with us so that we can check the issue.
If you want to convert an online URL, you can use Acrobat Chrome extension as it also has the capability to convert webpage to PDF.
1. Install Acrobat extension for Chrome from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-acrobat/efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj?hl=en if not already installed.
2. Make sure the extension is enabled in browser.
3. Open the URL you want to convert in Chrome browser.
4. Click on Acrobat extension icon. You should be able to see “Convert webpage to PDF” option in the extension menu.. Click on “Convert webpage to PDF”.
6. Select a Save location for the converted PDF file and click Save when prompted.
7. The URL should get converted to PDF.
If you face any issues with above steps, please let us know. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
Valeria GM commented
This is a terrible customer support answer. Do you really think the person who posted the question and spent hours on the phone with customer support didn't try to follow the steps you shared on that link? That's the first thing we do as users trying to fix this problem. I myself have been trying to figure out how to do it and the second step in the instructions is very confusing.
If I follow the first step, I'm on Firefox. When I try to take the 2nd step, it assumes I'm on Adobe because it says "Click the “Convert to PDF” button in the Adobe PDF toolbar to start the PDF conversion." Which one is it? Should I be on firefox or on adobe? Or is it that there's an Adobe Toolbar on Firefox? See the disconnect between both steps?
And when I try to create the PDF from Adobe, it creates a 1 page document with just one link.
When I try finding an adobe add-on for Firefox, it does not exist. The Adobe extension only exists for Chrome but Adobe's instructions specify we need to use Firefox to create a pdf file out of an html file.
As you can see it's mission impossible. Can somebody provide a helpful answer?