Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1212 results found

1. A free-hand pen tool would be in Adobe's best interest. This tool would allow users to mark a PDF with a digital pen of sorts.

Other document editors that are inferior in many other ways have been winning out with both myself and many other consumers because of the free-hand drawing & annotating capablities.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would love to see the edit functionality as an a-la-cart feature that I can purchase. I prefer not to purchase the entire Pro DC or Standard DC package b/c I don't need any of the other features that come with the plan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to be able to simply delete open my pdfs and if I dont like the first page, delete it while I am looking at it and it simply pulls the second page to the top of the list. Is this not possible?? I know I can go to Organize Pages and delete from there, BUT I cant see the pdf. It shrinks them all down so I cant tell which one I want/need to delete!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, Build 17134.523
    Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.010.20069

Normally, to shrink files before sending them out, I go to File -> Print -> Properties -> Default Settings -> and select "Smallest File Size." This works fine until I have an Uber receipt in my list of files. During the process of Acrobat shrinking the file, I get the error message that is attached below. I've also attached the specific type of Uber receipt that results in the error. I haven't had this issue with any other type of file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’m using Acrobat DC but I came from Acrobat Pro 6/7. Editing text in PDF on Acrobat 6/7 was almost perfect. On Acrobat DC working on same PDF files, is unworthy of a commercial product. Even editing a single character broke layout completely on DC. Same file on Acrobat 6/7 I could replace entire paragraphs without an issue. Even free apps perform better than DC on my files.

Btw, Word exporting is almost perfect and I can edit files as I want. But you should improve features, not destroy them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Windows environment.

When using the Edit PDF Tool to change minor character styles (color, weight, underscore, etc.), the Tag structure and read order for the page the edit is applied are broken.

For example: change the color of a header (H1) line of text. Return to the Tags Panel and all current page content has been consolidated into one <p> Tag. All the original Tags associated with this page are empty and placed randomly through the Tag Structure. Depending on page content, you may be unable to break apart the new tag single into the individual Tags necessary for compliance,…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How fucking difficult is it to add a B/W mode that actually works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gross lack of basic text formating. Why is this? If the product allows Font selection/ sizing, and paragraph justification then indentation is a must.

Numbering: Unable to start with a specifc letter or number....why not?

Font type: I have to scroll down a list, why can't I type the first letters and it comes to me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Per features available through at least Acrobat 8 -
    1) ability to adjust baseline of text, or portion of text
    2) ability to adjust letter spacing and word spacing - have PDFs where the source must have been justified, and current controls don't have good way to correct this.
    2) set fill and stroke for text
    3)find/replace single character or character codes - for example, find a 'fi' ligature and replace it with the letters 'fi'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi. Its very strange that Adobe is not developing an Android platform for Adobe DC pro to make it possible for us, your customers, to edit, change and create PDFs on our android tabletts, not just on usual PC and Mac desktop as it is now. It´s 2019. actually and more and more people are travelling with their Pads or Tabletts without their PCs or Mac´s . The future is in Android and OS and not in Windows and Mac´s that are on the way to go to history. Can you give us a hope at least,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Yes, you have a tool to underline, but not for undoing underlining. I have spent hours attempting to undo underlining, along with undoing bold. As secretary of a Property Owners Association, I NEED these.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I click, "edit PDF" adobie automatically tries to recognize all the text on the document.

It fails and shreds the text into what looks like hieroglyphs.

Why is this the default?

I just want to add a picture, why is it forcing me to recognize all the text in my document?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please activate forward-button (without any additional key) instead of help button to be continued with the return-key – so you can easy save the settings of the new link.
    At the moment the return-key opens the help file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a 22 page PDF, I am editing text and replacing images. When I get to page 13, the program suddenly closes without any error message being displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ABILITIY TO EDIT PDF's in SharePoint

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When in the "Organize Pages" view, you can hover your cursor over a single page and a toolbar appears beside the page, giving you the option to Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Delete, or Insert. However, this toolbar does not intercept mouse clicks from passing through to the thumbnail of the page. So say your page needs to rotate 180 degrees, and you quickly click one of the rotate icons twice. If the thumbnail view of the page is behind the icon (for instance, an 8.5x11 page in landscape), then the thumbnail interprets the double-click as a command to open that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A built in function to create a header and a paragraph below that can collapsed or expanded when the header is clicked, while pushing down the content below it. I know that word documents and excel have similar functions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After working with Kalpana for over an hour it was found the Acrobat Pro DC issue was coming from OS Mojave. I am unable to use the link tool in the manner it is described. In the past when adding links you could draw your rectangle box as large or as mall as you needed, now in Mojave it goes in and out and it staggers or goes away when trying to make a smaller box. I use this option daily and the issue just started when i installed Mojave.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am not able to insert new blank pages . not sure how this can be done. help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?