Please FIX THE PROBLEM and stop blaming the other divisions.
This is costing governments worldwide millions of dollars to fix InDesign's PDFs by hand in Acrobat.
Now that you have viable competitors that can create compliant PDFs, don't throw your customer base under the bus! They will get up and run to your competition.
The problem began with the release of InDesign CC:2017.
Get the 3 programming teams together (InDesign, Acrobat & PDF Producer/Library) and figure out how to fix it.
We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.
Thanks for adding the undo to the Order and Content panels.
Some other tools we need:
1. Ability to add these tags with the TURO/Reading Order tools:
Table of Contents/TOC Item
List / List Item / Lbl / Lbody
Essentially, we need the entire PDF-1 tag set that is listed in an Acrobat tag's Properties/Tag drop down menu.
2. In addition to the Auto IDs on table header cells (already there), auto scope and span on them, too.
3. And match up the data cells <TD>s with their respective header ID <TH> cells. STEM and government tables are usually several pages long and doing this manually can take hours, even a day or longer.
4. Ability to select some content and use AutoTag on it, not the entire document as it is now. In most documents, much of the tag structure is fine with some glitches on TOCs, tables, lists, etc. I don't want to loose the good tags when I use autotag, just want a portion to AI it into compliance.
—Bevi (delegate to the ISO PDF & PDF/UA standards committees)
Joel Crawford-Smith wrote: "And there are no alternatives to the product, so they don't have to fix anything."
Actually, we now have some alternatives to Adobe's products. 2 competitors have released PDF products that focus on accessibility. This is not the forum to mention them so I won't say anything more, other than Adobe's competitors are now on the playing field.
Those who remediate PDFs for accessibility use 3 panels:
— Order (formerly the architectural/construction panel)
Right now, we have undo only in the Tags panel.
We need it for the other 2 panels, too.
This is critical.
We understand your problem here and We are constantly working in making a better experience for our customer.
We have received your request and you may see it in the coming releases.
Meanwhile, you can check our latest updates in the May release.
No, the Order panel tool doesn't really accomplish what's needed. Example, these items can't be selected and tagged from that panel:
- Lists (<L>, <LI>, <Lbl> and <Lbody>)
- Tables of Content (<TOC> and <TOCI> with <Link>/<Reference> + <Link OBJR>)
- Captions (without the <figure>; the Caption tag is being used on links, tables, and other items).
- Tables with footnotes
- Regular page footnotes with their corresponding hyperlinks.
Second, in some documents only a partial section needs to be corrected, such as 2 pages of a 100-page PDF. It would greatly help if the user could select that specific content and autotag it without re-tagging the remaining content.
Right now, autotag retags the entire document, which in many cases isn't needed.
Yes, I'm aware of that limitation.
That's why we're suggesting that Adobe correct that limitation.
41 votesNeed Info · 17 comments · Acrobat for Windows and Mac » Commenting · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Could you please brief me on the workflows where you are facing the issue.
This a problem for anyone who uses a screen reader who is trying to either use or make a PDF compliant. The problems have been there for eons,.
It's time to fix the problem.
@Carolyn T., the links to your videos do not work. Website states that they are unavailable.
We’ve kept a note of this Feature Request and we will revisit this once we have more users reporting this to us.
We’ll let you know if we get this planned for future.
Please confirm if the Reading Setting in Preferences and the provided information resolved your issue.