Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. When I right click on a word or excel file and "convert to pdf" it would be better if the new pdf could save to the same folder as the original file by default. There should be an option to allow this, which I found to be a huge time saver when using Kofax Power PDF. The current adobe saving options only allow for using one pre-defined folder, or the last folder that something was saved to. This results in files being saved to the wrong location, or time wasted navigating to different folders every time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since switching over to Acrobat DC, when dragging and dropping files into the combine feature screen more often than not it will open the files instead of adding them to the list to be combined. This makes a slow process even more cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Title says everything. I have a macro enabled word template. If i use the microsoft on board function "save as pdf", everthing works fine. If i use the PDF-Maker AddIn, my Macros get disabled after the pdf has been created.

Environment: Word365, Latest Acrobat DC version, Windows 10 20H2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For preparing manuals with PDF maker of Acrobat Pro, it is urgently required to be able to save more standard settings.

I want new PDFs to be opened as a standard with bookmark window and page, as well of Zoom in full window size.

This option must be saved individually for each PDF right now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe Team,

I have created several thousand Acrobat DC PDFs that contain multiple embedded videos. All of those thousands of PDFs worked pretty much perfectly. Now, due to discontinuation of Flash, none work. I cannot create those PDFs with embedded video. What a nightmare. Please, if you can create a new version of Acrobat DC that restores the capability to embed video, I'll be happy to send flowers! Or money, how about money!? Everything else works fine with Acrobat DC... get the capability back! Thanks, Scott

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Won't let me create PDF from HTML doc's.
    Has been working up to Feb 5 2021 and now it states it doesn't recognize the file.
    If I can't use the app when needed, why am I charged every month for your service?

Need this fixed or cancel service

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Settings that resulted in change bars being present when converting a word document to a PDF - to highlight new or revised content have been changed and do not function now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When doing a batch conversion of emails in an Outlook folder, all of the emails should be captured in a single PDF file. Unfortunately not all emails are converted? Is there a limtation of the size of PDF file? When will a file/email be skipped?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to suggest .msg file type to be added to the list of supported files for multiple batch conversion to PDF using the 'Combine Files' feature.

I sure many users would fine this feature useful, we receive a lot of documents many of the .msg file type we need to convert into one pdf bundle together with other types.

I'm aware Acrobat has a plugin to support manual conversion of emails from Outlook to PDF, but it would be really beneficial if we could present emails and other supported files to Acrobat to convert as a batch without…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. PDFMOutlookCore.dll bug

2. Since last out of cycle update on 2020-12-07 (also timestamp of the PDFMOutlookCore.dll the PDFMaker Add-in in Outlook works only shortly after Reboot for a few PDFs and then stops working, it then creates empty portfolios (see attached test.PDF) or pretents to do something but does not write any data/file to a PDF. PDF-Printing via Adobe-PDF still works from Outlook, but our Users are used to get their Work done exporting E-Mails via PDFMaker Add In.

3. Environment: Windows Server 2016 Standard as Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Services, MS Office Standard 2019, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC continuous release, all in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When printing an Excel workbook, if any of the tabs have "autofit" turned on, or a Shrink to Fit percentage, the output PDF has different size pages, rather than being shrunk to fit.

For example, print a simple workbook tab with 90% scaling on 8.5x11 paper, and the PDF created measures 9.44x12.22 inches. It should be 8.5x11 inches.

This causes strange behavior during continuous scrolling, as the user expects to see the same size page boundary (A4/Letter) and they are all different. Other non-Adobe PDF software does not do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Convert big pptx files to pdf with external links (http...) in boxes not always work. It’s buggy and randomly create or not the links.

On mac, and using the local service (not cloud, cos the fonts lost).

Thks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I need Microsoft Access to "add in" or be able to create multiple documents into one pdf. I had this in an older version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be extremely useful to those who use one of the various LaTeX typesetting engines (pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, etc.) to have SyncTeX integration for Adobe Acrobat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?