Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. When scanning multiple pages, there should be another confirmation dialog after selecting 'Scan more pages (sheet n)' because it is unclear that the next page should be ready for scan before clicking the 'OK' button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Working with a document and need to 1) deskew 2) despeckle and 3) edit text. 1) Optimized with quality set to high, optimize images only if there is a reduction in size set to off, and object compression option set to retain existing; this straightened the document. 2) Used redact set to white fill no border to remove larger specks. 3) chose edit text and the document became skewed again! There is no reason for taking a tool that worked well to clean up scans in previous versions and making it impossible to use. Adobe is costing us more than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to edit Hebrew scanned pdf document . To enable me to cut , paste , change add. To use it for power points presentation and smart board application.
    it must be like a regular doc. file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using OCR on scanned documents, hand drawn images are confused for text and are reliably ruining the output PDFs. The easy fix would be to allow users to exclude "zones" (boxes) of the document from OCR scanning, OR allow users better tools to remove zones of detected text.

As of current, there isn't any easy way of correcting OCR from scanning hundreds of nonexistent characters from drawings and images. If OCR has detected many characters on seperate lines, the user will need to painstakingly shift through each correction until the document is cleared of all errors.

I'm quite confused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document using a HP OfficeJet Pro 9022 I receive the error message "The Selected Color Format is not Supported" after the page is scanned. A file is not produced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document using a HP OfficeJet Pro 9022 I receive the error message "The Selected Color Format is not Supported" after the page is scanned. A file is not produced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Single button scan direct form home screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After updating to windows 10 pro, my acrobat won't recognize my scanner. I was using windows 10 home. Once I upgraded, I reinstalled acrobat DC and haven't been able to get the scan function to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was able to create (using 3rd party tool) an icon on my desktop (Win 10) that would let me scan basic "letter, single-sided, auto-color, etc". It would do all the steps and the exit step would prompt for name and folder to save the file. YOU'VE TAKEN AWAY ALL OF THE <ctrl> SEQUENCES SO THIS CAN NO LONGER BE DONE. Plus the scan screen opens to the last settings SO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO BE REVIEWED because occasionally I need to scan legal or double-sided, etc. Plus the stupid 2017 opens the last file and tries to append to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I created a 2 page PDF using an HP Scanner. I saved the file as a PDF. If I open the PDF in Chrome or Edge, I can scroll to see both pages. But, if I open the PDF in Acrobat DC, only the first page shows and the page count shows 1 of 1. Any suggestions as to why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. During a recent update the ability to scan the backside of documents is gone. There used to be 3 options after a scan was complete; Scan Compete, Scan More, Scan Reverse. Scan reverse would allow you to run the back pages though and the program would auto-sort those pages in reverse order. Now you don't have that option and it only allows to Scan More and then you have to manually move the pages where you need them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am in the UK where the standard page size is A4 - longer than the US standard of 8.5x11 inches. Scanning has no way of explicitly setting the page size and it obviously defaults to 8.5x11 inches because the last portion of a document is cut off. This only happens in the Adobe App, so it isn't the scanner. There should be a way to set the page size so longer pages aren't cut off when scanned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Acrobat Pro DC, I'd like a way to equalize the width of space characters. OCR results often give uneven spacing that needs cleaning up. I can reset the horizontal scaling and the character spacing using the "T" and "AV" options, but the width of space characters are not affected by that. The only workaround I've found for this is to copy the results to another application, and then back to Acrobat again, which seems inefficient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The OCR in Acrobat Pro DC on Mac sometimes generates buggy characters. They become filled-in with black depending on how the file is viewed. The attached file contains 6 isolated examples of these problem OCR characters. They look as expected when first viewed in Acrobat Pro DC, however if you zoom in by 600% or more, they suddenly become filled-in with black. The same problem occurs when printing the file, or viewing it in a web browser even without zooming in. This bug can be especially frustrating because you often don't see the problem until after you print the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Adobe team, please add adobe scan to Microsoft Surface Pro (X).

At the moment, in order to use Adobe scan, you need to use your cell phone and then upload the scan to the cloud.

On the one hand this is very time consuming, on the other hand it requires an active internet connection, which cannot always be guaranteed, especially when you are not at home.

With an integration of Adobe Scan on Surface Pro (X), you could make very fast professional scans offline.

I know that you have added Adobe Scan to the iPad, which could be compared…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Bahasa Indonesia language. It is the 10th most spoken language in the world!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if there was an automated tool for working with scans of books showing two pages across. If the system could automatically cut scans in half (or even detect where the centerline of the scan is) and create two pages out of each image it would be an awesome addition to Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am working at an MSP currently. Two separate customers are experiencing issues with printing/scanning after update 2020.009.20063 on Reader and Acrobat DC.

If you try to scan a document that is multiple pages it will freeze after the first page.

We attempted repairs and reinstalls but were unsuccessful with both.

Workstations are running W10.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a keyboard shortcut for text recognition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?