Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. The fill & sign feature allows text to be added to the PDF but duplicates it in other areas when attempting to move the text box. The text also disappears completely requiring an entire reboot of the document. I spend more time opening and closing the document than entering text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As folks fill out a web form, the additional step of having to click a link in your email to finish the submission is a pain and I would prefer being to turn that off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I use the fill and sign tool, the new window zooms out and I cannot see the entire page, yet I cannot zoom in. I have to scroll from the top of the page where I am adding a check mark or a circle, and then have to scroll to the bottom to sign and date. Our office does this for 300+ pages a day. Adobe 2017 didn't have this issue. It's inefficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We sometimes need to handle documents with sensitive personal information (such as people's Social Security Numbers) in Adobe Sign. In that case, once the signatures are collected on the document, we need to transmit it to the final recipient in a more secure manner than by email, in order to comply with Massachusetts privacy law. In some cases the "mask" feature could be applied to the sensitive fields, but in others that wouldn't work because the document requester needs their SSN to appear on the completed document. For these cases, it would be useful to have the ability to disable…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on all our user machines.

For the people with a license we let them log in so they can use the Pro features.
    For the people without a license we let them use this version as a Reader.

This worked out great, but now we found out a bug.

With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC when adding a signature image I go to "E-Sign" > "Fill & Sign Yourself" > "Sign" > "Add Signature" > "Image" > Browse to the image signature (.PNG) > Click OK

And we receive a warning "You do not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Depending on whether you're logged into Adobe account or not, there are 2 places where Auto-fill entries are saved:

1) If you're logged in, the setting is stored in the cloud, and you use the web interface to change the preference.

2) If you are NOT logged in when using Acrobat Reader, the Auto-fill entries are saved LOCALLY in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security and is controlled by Edit -> Preferences -> Forms -> Auto-Complete

HOWEVER, Auto-Complete is usually OFF by default, hence the reason for this bug - Acrobat Reader is STILL saving Auto-fill entries on the local machine if the user is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Built in MacOS dictation cannot be used to fill forms in Adobe Acrobat Fill and Sign. The shortcut key does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For contracts (sometimes containing up to 600 pages) I need to add an initial on each page (requirment from our legal department). Now I need to do it manually on each page.
    Would it be possible to add the option to copy the initials to all pages?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently e-Sign Templates have the ability to assign a field to be pre-filled by sender, but this capability is wiped out when you use the template to create a Web form. The "Sender" should continue as an assignable user role in Web form, and the "sender pre-fill" function should be included in that capability, a carryover from how it works in e-Sign templates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Per Adobe support, a shared link created from the Fill and Sign window cannot be removed or deleted -- ever. This means there is a permanent, publicly accessible link that the creator cannot control.

If you send a link to the wrong recipient, or realize that there is a page of your document that is private, you can never disable the link or prevent anyone from viewing and downloading the shared file -- FOREVER!

This is a massive security risk. Users and organizations must be able to control their links. We must be able to disable these public links at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Until today, when I used the add text feature in fill & sign, text would automatically pop up. I use this feature multiple times a day. Now I have to retype the same thing over and over. This is going to cost me lots of time in my day, as I do this about 20 times every single day. Please restore the feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have an acrobat subscription and have now transitioned from PC to Mac products. A major flaw in the system right now (according to my limited research and feedback from discussion forums) is not being able to flatten documents by "printing to PDF" on macs. I need this functionality or please let me know how to achieve this without having to print and scan the document in again! I review and mark up documents and I need to be able to do that in macs. Please provide an alternative if one exists. Angelica

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Request:
    A Microsoft Word document can be either a .docx or .dotx, the difference is that when saving the .docx, the file is overwritten; when saving the .dotx, a new file is created. I propose a similar feature for PDFs.

Use Case:
    I've created a fillable PDF and saved it as a PDF to a network share and SharePoint. People have the tendency to open it, fill it out (as they should) and then click save (or Ctrl-S, muscle memory). That commits those filled form fields to the file system such that the next person who opens…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Most of my customers need to code invoices, the open text option doesn't allow for the enter key to add additional lines. It would be awesome for them to either fill in a preset 'stamp' or add comments with more functionality

Allow signer to add custom text option to the Request E-signatures feature

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable all documents created in E-sign to automatically have a pre-defined reminder set up (ie pre-define in settings 3 days, 1 week etc) so its no longer needed to remember to go in and set up the reminder after issuing the document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While I love the security of fill and sign, I have had to find work arounds in order to put multiple signed documents together by screen capturing those with signatures, then compiling these into 1 document from multiple signers of different parts. Please do not take away the ability to screen grab signed agreements without putting another easier method of controlling the agreements I send out for signing.

That said, if portfolios continue to be the method of compiling several documents into one, is it possible to make them previewable without downloading the file in browser based cloud systems like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When sending a document to someone using the eSign digital signature feature, they have the options "Type" "Draw" or "Image". I request that we as the sender have the ability to remove the "Type" option. A typed signature on the resultant signed pdf file is not suitable for legally binding documents. I want to the ability to restrict the recipient to the "Draw" and "Image" options so that a real signature is captured on the document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a form that must be approved by different departments of my organization in six different steps. In each step, someone must fill form fields, and add a signature, then send to the next department. Acrobat currently locks the form fields from being edited further after a signature is added in the "fill and sign" tool. Someone complained about this in 2017 and it was still not fixed.

After adding a signature using the fill and sign tool (I do not use certificate based signatures due to complexity), the document should remain editable, and all fillable form field and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. This is an AsDesigned feature and currently we do not have any change in functionality planned for the future.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

19. I was using Adobe professional. Now installed Adobe Pro DC. The signature feature of Pro DC is not good at all. I would recommend to bring in the signature features of Adobe Professional 11.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi,

Previously when setting up an Adobe sign, the "more Options" button was available as soon as you clicked request signatures.

With the updated version, you now need to enter an email address before the more options becomes available. It would be really helpful to have the more options available right away again. The majority of the items I use e-signature for require I adjust the type of signer (approver, etc) and the extra step of adding an email, then clicking more options slows down the work flow and is clunky.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share it with the product management and let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

• Don't see your idea?