Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

378 results found

1. When opening a PDF with a long name, extracting pages as separate files leads to unexpectedly truncated names in the output PDF files, specifically around the 32nd characters.

Steps to reproduce:
    Create a new PDF in Adobe Acrobat. A blank page will do.
    Save the PDF under this name: 0000000000000000000000000123abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789
    Open the Page Thumbnails view and right-click on the page and select "Extract Pages..."
    In the Extract Pages dialog, enable "Extract Pages as Separate Files" and then save anywhere.
    The resulting file name will be truncated to the first 32 characters and last 32 characters, resulting in a loss of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Text is overlapping in a textbox although I expanded the textbox.

Fixing the text with spacebar and backspace do not help, it gets worse, the text scrunched up and overlapped furthermore.
    How I eventually fixed it is deleting most of the line then retype the text and change the font style (eg. bold, italic).

It is counter productive. Please, please fix it. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently you can only split a document by file size by a value between 0.5 and 50MB. Can this be increased to support file sizes such as 250MB?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Similarly, ability to move documents with a dialog box showing original page number and desired or update page number would be extremely helpful for large number of pages. This will allow us to see the page being moved correctly. This is not the case with organize pages or scrolling. Scrolling helps, but on extended scroll freeze is experienced

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. per the design of Adobe Acrobat Pro I always have to manually adjust the size of the page down to 100% (which is set at 189%)while opening the PDF. Then when I reopen it it is once again at 189% and once again I have to adjust the size. I have to do this manually every single time which is very annoying. While it is at the 189% size the pages scroll automatically by themselves and I have no control of the cursor. It's only after I shrink it down to 100% that I regain control of scrolling through the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There seems to be a bug in Acrobat Pro DC. Since I switched to a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), the page transitions in Acrobat do not work. I only have an ugly cut from one page to the next. Please advise.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you add left to right and right to left, reversible for pdf view because the page numbers of the documents are mixed in arabic and right to left languages?

As you see in the photo page one is the left side but in arabic page style it need to be right side...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In pdf there should be direct google search option on selecting any word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I get a pop up that says "this file can't be saved (105)".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often works with mixed size documents. I have document set on Fit Width or Fit Visible and it is at about 80%. Then I hit a page in landscape, and it is still Fit Width or Fit Visible but my view is at about 30%. Then I scroll down to regular portrait, and I am still at Fit Width or Fit Visible but I remain at 30% so I have to MANUALLY adjust it. I usually pick the other of the two - Fit Width or Fit Visible - and I am back at 80%. Can you make Fit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In 'Edit' menu, under 'Deselect All', please add an 'Invert Selection' option which would deselect currently selected pages and select currently non-selected pages. This is easier than typing page numbers manually.

Thank you for reading!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As of November 2019, Adobe "had no plans" to address the issue of comments printing on single pages instead of a summary in its truest definition - all comments on one page. 12 comments scattered across 6 pages, and contained about 1/2 a page of text characters required 12 individual pages for a "summary." ANY CORRECTION OF THIS ISSUE YET?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add an 'Invert Selection' option which would change the current page selection such that all pages previously deselected would be selected and vice versa.

Thanks for reading

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Acrobat Reader DC freezes up. this started about 2 weeks ago. Ehen opening a PDF some time i can scroll for a short while then it freezes or some times it freezes as soon as it is launched. I've been through all of the suggested steps nothing so far helps. what next? I don't get an error code. Operating system is Windows 8.1. It worked fine on windows 8.1 earlier so I assume an update was pushed that was not compatible with my machine.

Help

Thad

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am a musician who is beginning to use Adobe Acrobat DC to annotate scores. All music notation software (that I'm aware of) integrates continuous horizontal scrolling between pages, reflecting the way that sheet music is actually read. Without being able to scroll horizontally in Adobe Acrobat DC, annotating music scores is very cumbersome as one has to re-find staves when scrolling vertically and cannot make annotations across pages.

My feature request is the implementation of both horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling between pages as an additional method of page navigation. Being such a simple feature, I'm sure it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.013.20064, there are "Rotate Left" and "Rotate Right" buttons under "Organize Pages" that can be added to the Quick Tools. However, clicking either of those brings up the rotate pages dialog box instead of simply rotating 90 degrees left or right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you try to split a document using the bookmarks names as the names of the new pdfs being created, if now there is this character '/' in a bookmark name it will throw a "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" kind of error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I make a bookmark, I would like the bookmark to include the same zoom level as when I make the bookmark. For example if I zoom in on a certain aspect of a drawing and bookmark at say 150%, later on if I am at 100% and click on the bookmark I'd like it to go back to that same item and at 150%. Older versions of Acrobat did this (I think 9.0), but Pro DC doesn't. It keeps the same zoom level that you are currently at.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have tried editing it in a few ways, but I can’t move or alter anything other than text (all edit options on the right hand side are blocked). I need to change fomatting and background etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?