Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dialog Boxes Too Big for Screen

The crop dialog boxes are insanely large and unscrollable -- I can't click on "Apply" unless I move the dialog to another screen, and on that screen I can only see a small part of the window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Invalid Parameter

Operating system: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

When you editing a linked pdf file (deleting or replacing pages), an "Invalid Parameter" error occure and I can't complete the action.

Furthermore, after the error, you are unable to save the file or make other changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unable to search and text to speech Hindi Words in any File. Please solve this update this immediately.

Unable to search and text to speech Hindi Words in any File. Please solve this or update this immediately.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Staple" or "group" pages within a PDF.

"Staple" or group pages to keep specific pages in a multipage PDF together. User is warned if trying to edit the stapled pages but can override if required. Selecting one page in a stapled group would select all pages of the group for moving, extracting, deleting, etc., with warnings. Access to act on specific group page page could be enabled with alt, multiple pages in the sub group with alt-shift or ctrl-shift. Prompted by: similar subdocuments were combined into a larger PDF, but the naming of the subdocuments may make it unclear where new additions should be placed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. TO GROUP PAGES

Is it jut me? I have just started to use pdf pro and straight away I see how very poor it is. I need to make manuals, which includes to insert multiple pdf files with lots of pages in each, into the structure of the original pdf file. It would be nice to group pages to simplify making pages order and document structure. What a delusion!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Edits that I am making to pdf not saving even after I save as

I am making simple changes (such as rotating the document) and then saving as to try to lock the edits into the document, but the saved as doc is rejecting these changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bilal Ansari responded

You are using Rotate View option which rotates the view of the document.
    You need to use Rotate Pages option present in Organize Pages app or Page Thumbnail pane.

8. Need dedicated rotate clockwise/counterclockwise buttons on the quick tool bar like older versions.

Older versions had dedicated buttons on the quick tool bar for rotate clockwise and rotate counterclockwise. The current release only has a single button for rotation that opens a separate box, requiring more clicks. The only way to have dedicated buttons that I've found is to open the page thumbnails pane.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flattern pdf

Hi,
    The ability to flatten a pdf is basic and important. We have had an Adobe DC for 2 years now for our business with little in enhancement in feature. I an tired of having to search for a community java script to do a basic operation such as flatten a document. when our annual subscription expires in June 2018 we will be moving to Foxit for all our pdf requirement. Not only is it cheaper but it is full featured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto-rotate scanned documents to correct the page orientation

While opening a pdf that was scanned in the wrong direction, an algorithm would detect which side was up and automatically rotate the document so you wouldn’t have to click rotate manually. This would be a big time saver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Invert page order

I suggest creating a new function to the "organize pages" that would allow to invert the order of pages. Very useful if I'm reading in Japanize

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crop & Set Page Size ICONS

These two icons do 2 completely different functions from one another. They have appeared the same for ages now. I think it is finally time to create a new Icon look for one or the other. Having both on my quick tools is rather daunting because they look exactly the same.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right Click Look Up Words for their Definition

Right Click Look Up Words for their Definition

The option to search for the definition of the word just by selecting then right-click to chose Look Up is very helpful; though I wanted to report a small problem.

If a word has a period (.) behind and you select it, it will search the word in dictionary.com to include the period. For example, if I want to search for a word that is the last in the sentence i.e. the word [questionable.] it will look for that word and the period.

This does not happen with words that have a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Page navigation previous/next view, mouse button (back/forward) support

Hello,
    many modern and productivity mouse have dedicated back/forward buttons. Could you please add support for mapping those buttons to previous/next view in adobe acrobat that would be very helpful for increasing productivity when navigating documents. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text

My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

18. replace page(s) very cumbersome

The way the tools lay out in Acrobat 11 are very easy for page replacements. Because the documents we work with are lengthy and complex, I'd like to see Replace tool much easier to work with.

I want to see simultaneously:
    * Bookmarks or Thumbnails
    * The PDF pages (current document)
    * the Replace tool icon ready to use

In the current product (Acrobat Std DC 2019.021.20056) has an icon for Replace that is hard to find, and when clicked, you are forced into a visual layout that is rather difficult.

I need to navigate with my bookmarks, or with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Password protected files ask for password (twice)

Password protected files ask for password to be entered twice.

1.  If the document is opened directly from Outlook: when user opens a password protected PDF from Outlook:

• It will ask user to enter password once (the password for the file)
      • It will again seek password to enable all features in the document

2.  If the PDF is saved from Outlook to the local machine: 

• It will ask user to enter password twice same as above scenario
      • However when the same file is accessed for second time, it will not prompt for password to enable the features again,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pin page

Idea in short: pin the page you are interested in to the left side of your screen while continuing to work with the rest of your document.

As a finance professional, while working with pdf documents, I have to print them out in order to be able to compare some numbers on two different pages or from two different documents. While it is possible to open two documents and compare the pages you are interested in (although the process of arranging two documents on one screen is not as smooth as I wish it be), comparing numbers in one document…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base