Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I create a PDF from a Word 2008 for Mac file, the hyperlinks to urls carry over, but not the ScreenTips (designed for human use, not machine use) to tell the reader what the link is to.

I thought this feature was available based on this document: http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/internetDocs/cmecf/hyperlinking_attorneys_word.pdf (at page 32)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to save and read a PDF Portfolio like a normal flat PDF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm using Acrobat XI Pro IE toolbar extension in Windows 7 Enterprise.

I nee to convert weather maps issued by NOAA into a PDF format for satellite transmission. When I use the Convert drop down and convert the page it prints all of the HTML information correctly but then pulls previous day's GIF files. You can see this by comparing the time stamp on the GIF files and the HTML time stamp. When I go through the browser's drop down print function and select a PDF printer the results come out perfect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

We checked with Acrobat DC and it is giving correct output with the said site. Given other high priority items, we cannot take this forward as of now.

Let us know if you are facing such issues with more sites.

Thanks
    Tanvi

5. Add the option to search for text with and without punctuation. In my job, we frequently need to verify that all instances of an abbreviation have the correct punctuation. It would be really helpful if Adobe Pro could give the option to search for phrases with and/or without the exact punctuation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to hover over an image and see the file path where it has been taken from on the Mac version of Acrobat Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When exporting PDFs from INDesign it defaults back to a old name even though you have re-named it several times during several exports. It should be naming it the exact same name as the INDesign file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The distribute tool buttons that are available when editing forms appear to be mislabeled compared to other programs like Illustrator and InDesign. The button that has the symbol to distribute horizontally distributed selected form elements vertically. The tool tip also seems to be mislabeled.

I'm using the Windows version of CC by the way. I've compared to the other programs that have align/distribute features and believe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

9. Can't scroll horizontally with apple mouse with scroll button. Have to keep manually going to bottom bar to scroll and often have window bottom out of view when I'm editing from PDF to other documentl

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've added new "Custom command" -> Inspect document -> Text to Curves

I've added that Custom Command to Quick tools toolbar.
    The idea was that i have one click text to curves button.
    After clicking indeed the text changes to curves, BUT when you click save icon, it goes disabled (as if you'd think you saved the file). Yet if you reopen the file the text is text not curves.

It only works if you go Save AS and then choose your file once again but it defeats the purpose of having custom command. It's then easier to just add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have Adobe Document Cloud service disabled in the environment. But users uses Fill & Sign function in Acrobat to sign PDF files.
    Looking for an option so that Signature created using Fill & Sign function can be exported or imported so that the user do not have to create e-signature on every machine he goes to. This option is available with cloud service and need a manual function to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have this feature available when you are signed in. We will keep you updated in case this feature is implemented in the future.

12. Transcribe video to be CC useble inside Premire Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Ammar responded

User did not responded to the query.

13. When using MS Project 2013 all the task bars on the gantt chart do not print on pdf. All bars are show in print preview but not on pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your response. In case you switch to previous editor and face same issue we would be happy to help you.

Best Regards!

14. Really, like less than a week? And it wouldn’t even open the .pdf I needed to read. I had to go get some off-brand software to get the job done. Apparently Adobe isn’t worth the trouble it used to be, and you think I would consider buying. ****, based on this experience, I wouldn’t even recommend to my IT department for them to buy for me.

You have a good day, and update your resumes.

Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 2:53 PM
    To: sehangen@gmail.com
    Subject: Your trial is over, but you can still keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I recreated this bug several times in multiple documents. It happens every time. When using Fill & Sign, entering three or more question marks in a field by themselves will cause the app to lose the ability to save the document, exit fill & sign, or quit. Can continue using fill & sign, but all progress will be lost when user tries to save.

VERSION:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 15.23.20056.213124
    AGM: 4.30.67
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.37658

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we are closing it due to lack of reproducible steps. However, do let us know in case you face an issue in the future.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

16. Editing Form Fields.

In previous versions of Adobe Pro 9, 10 & 11 it was possible to edit Form Fields 1 page at a time by:

selecting and highlighting 1 field,
    then right click to Select All,
    then successfully edit all fields on just that 1 page
    Then save.

This does not work in Adobe DC. When same steps are followed Adobe selects EVERY field in Form on EVERY page (very slowly). When Field Properties are edited Program then freezes each time you try to save.

Please Adobe RESTORE same 1 page Form Field editing to DC as was fully…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

17. My predecessor was emailed a set of documents (PDFs) and he must have dragged/dropped the files onto our server because I cannot open the PDFs. When I do, Adobe Acrobat pops up a window that says "...could not open [file name] because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
    To create an Adobe PDF doc, go to the source application. Then print the document in Adobe PDF."

I don't have access to my predecessor's email nor do I have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Distiller 11.0.19 17/12/2016): I often distil very large ps files, of the order of 1.3G. When distilling those the % counter goes haywire, reporting negative numbers, and %ages >100. Obviously an overflow problem somewhere: please case to floating point.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your bug report.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to address this problem in this version of the product, given other high priority issues.
    Feel free to reopen a new case if you think that this is critically blocking your functionality.

Thanks
    Tanvi

19. with latest firefox 52.0 security update from march 2017, using my adobe cloud customer center webpage for example wanting to access and view and print my monthly adobe invoice, i am no longer offered to see the actual invoice pdf, or actually the kind-of plugin mechanism to display that pdf file inside the firefox browser has been technically deprecated or changed or disabled by mozilla (firefox creators) and thus i cannot even see or download or trigger my monthly invoice in my customer center at adobe.com. Please fix this technical shortcoming or actually complete lack of functionality now. Using windows7,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Don't forget your scan" is displayed in the Adobe Scan app for Android each* time I use the app to successfully scan. *This issue is repeatable. The scans are viewable on a PC, so this is why I say say they scans are successful even though the message is displayed each time I use the Android app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?