Reporting a bug - I have Adobe XI Pro on a Macbook Pro using Sierra 10.12.3. The highlighting tool selects text but will not actually impose a color over the selected text. Any ideas?
AdminAmmar (Admin, Adobe) commented
Please check once that the transparency value of the highlight comment is not set to Zero. If it is, then please increase the transparency value in properties of the annot and mark it as default.
Sorry I forgot, I am using: Adobe DC Pro, OSX, latest versions, on Macbook Pro.
I have the same issue here. Here are my answers to the comment from Aduait Pokhriyal:
1. Yes, I see the highlight in the right side comment list
2. I click on the pencil icon, then highlight text (and it remains transparent)
3. A and B procedures: same result, highlight is there, it can be selected, but it's transparent
4. I tried this, nothing changes
One additional observation: I tried to uninstall, using the AdobeAcroCleanerTool. When I open a pdf, the highlight tool works normally for a few seconds, then the same bug is back. Also, the bug started when I was using the green colour and when the bug comes back the colour switches to green again (on the pencil icon, in the text it's invisible). It looks like Acrobat is recalling preferences from somewhere and this brings back the bug.
AdminAduait Pokhriyal (Admin, Adobe) commented
Hi Susan ,
Thanks for contacting us.
Please share below information:
1. If you open comment App and you see new added highlight in the right side comment list ?
2. How are you adding Highlight:
A. Selecting text and then clicking the highlight tool
B. Selecting Highlight tool and selecting the text after.
3. Are you able to select Highlight once added and its transparent that is no color , or even after adding the text is plain text and highlight is not added.
4. If Highlight is added have you tried changing its color by right click on highlight and Go to Properties and change color.