Feature request / Bug report

HIghlighting Text

For the highlight function, there should be the ability to change colors easily. Right now the process is cumbersome and time-consuming. When I have to be able to access my highlighted test for citations, it would be wonderful to be able to export to word documents with a click.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christopher Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly second this suggestion. When I am highlighting a document, I cannot find anywhere on the page for the floating :Highlighter Tool Properties" where it is not in the way of something else. Either it obscures the document I am working on, it obscures the tabs for switching between documents, or it obscures a slider. Whatever the case, the floating panel is an unnecessary pain in the butt. All I want is to be able to rapidly switch colors on the highlighter (green for "good idea", yellow for "needs work", pink for "what were you thinking?") and I am DYING for a simple "switch color" tool in the Quick Tools bar. Please! This is not a major request, and this functionality exists in virtually every other program that I use for document review (see MS Word). I cannot believe that it is not easily available in DC Pro.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or how about a drop down under the highlighter pen that allows you to choose the color you want just like text or fill?

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base