Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1532 results found

1. When the system setting on macOS for "Show scroll bars" is set to "Always", Adobe Acrobat does not honor this setting.

If you toggle the setting in macOS system settings to another option and then back to "Always", the scroll bar shows up.

If you close the PDF or Acrobat, or open a different PDF, the scroll bar disappears.

The scrollbar should always be present on all PDF's when this setting is checked in the macOS System Settings, OR an option should be available in the Adobe Acrobat preferences with similar functionality.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM:…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please provide an easy 1-click way to completely hide all extrenuous panes when opening any document. This means :

• No bookmaarks on the right.
    • No tools on the left.

There are a mess of settings all over the place, and comments on previous related issues to multiple steps to take, but all these seem out of date. This should be a single 1-click check box in the main preferences, completely overriding all other settings.

Even better: Acrobat Reader should learn from the fact that I close these panes every single time I open the app (multiple times per day), and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The toolbar on the right is a horror show! I need full screen width. I want the old version or at least the option to set it up however I feel comfortable. Not forcing this nightmare.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the most recent update, the footer area where the page size is displayed when the 'always show page size' option is ticked in prefs is hidden.

if the option is unticked then on hover the page size appears, but the more useful permanent view has been broken.

Please reinstate or allow a rollback

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop tinkering with the UI. I know UI/UX designers need SOMETHING to do, but really?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to suggest a couple of tweaks to the new Acrobat UI design that I want to see incorporated soon. First, I would like to see the placements of the tool and sidebars reversed; as an English language user, I feel it is more intuitive to make the most frequently used options on the sidebar near the beginning of the document, on the left side of the screen. Secondly, I would love to see the bug altering my preferences for documents every time I close the app and launch it again removed. It is very frustrating in light of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have reverted to the original for now, but if forced to permanently switch to the new look, I will stop paying for it. Not sure how rearranging everything and hiding some tools is supposed to make thing more efficient. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a terrible "update" to any program ever. My idea is to fire whoever's idea it was to do the redesign.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Side panel page navigation are you stupid? who looks at the bottom right corner. at the very least let me choose what tools go where and the floating toolbar on the left is just lazy. finally if you are going to roll out a new one for all that is holy let me move my customizations with me.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Was there a reason for putting everything along all three sides and making it difficult to find the "settings" option? At least when everything was along the top and tools on one side, it was easy to use and I could find everything I needed quickly. This new format is frustrating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have decided to post this as a new idea just to highlight how HIDEOUS the new design is on the desktop. If this design on the desktop continues to 1 January 2024 the new year, I will change the default pdf reader on all PCs in my organisation to a competitor.
    What kind of nonsensically non-inclusive design is this???? The work of laziness?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the new Acrobat DC I can't resize the window to the size I need. It doesn't let me make the window less than a half in length. There are also restrictions in changing the width of the window.

For me it's important, so I returned to the old Acrobat.

Windows 7 Professional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. can you provide a dark mode option so that if i view a pdf whos background is white and text is black, you show the opposite so my eyes feel better?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The switch of the panels n the new version are very difficult to use and counter to the direction in which one reads. It is much more intuitive and natural to read (and click) tabbed sections of a document on the left then continue reading to the document. This was a silly and unproductive change. We should at least be able to change the sides of the panels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You may not know this, but this software is a business tool. I literally CANNOT work with this AFU version of Adobe. Can I get back to the USEFUL version where the tool bar is on the right side? I spend 90% of my workday trying to untard the changes made by updates. It's like you all don't want us to use your software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have had Adobe Acrobat Pro for years and have just changed to Adobe Acrobat Pro within Creative Cloud.

I am thoroughly frustrated with the screen layout.

There is a toolbar OVER the top of the document area. There is a huge blank space at the top of the page that COULD be used to show menu items such as Search - but it is just a big blank. Ditto the right hand side of the screen.

Overall, far too much screen space has been wasted. Menus "hidden" by having to select various tabs. This has NOT been designed with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Two features essential to me are either gone or hidden so that I can't find them in the new version. They are important for me in my work as a translator.

1. In the previous version, there was a "windows" tab at the top that enabled me to open a second copy of the same file and then drag it so that the two copies appeared as separate tabs in a single Acrobat window. This enabled me to jump back and forth between two pages in the same file, for example between the text page I'm working on and the relevant…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Whatever changes made up the most recent update has ruined my user experience. Every action I try to take encounters an error message. Please advise how I undo the most recent update to get back to some semblance of a useful tool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This new version of adobe reader is not useful at all. I have just wasted a half hour trying to find the "Find" tool. I want the old version back - I wasn't even offered an option to keep it even without support. When things are not broke, don't trying fixing them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I can not find the hand tool with your newest update. Nor does it appear that I can type in a search for it. There is no icon in any of the bars. Nor does there appear any line in the preferences that addresses the hand tool. This seems like a very obvious oversight. Please address it immediately because reader is not nearly as useful without it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. HATE forced tutoprial in Acrobat Reader
    Login dissappeared!

3 votes