Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1551 results found

1. The new "intuitive" layout is HORRIBLE. I do not understand what your motivation was for changing literally everything and moving things around to random locations. It makes no sense whatsoever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Return back to prev search tools, especially new window with search results listed. And provide user choice tools on the toolbar across top.
    I spend so much more time trying to use newest ver. that I am looking for a better pdf reader solution...you screwed up the most useful tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new "+ Create" button on the right side of the tabs is totally misplaced. It opens a popup that gets in the way when you want to move the window, if you have a lot of tabs open, which I usually do. The more logical place for it would definitely be in the toolbar below. It's just annoying and makes me want to install another reader.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The line spacing between bookmarks in the bookmarks panel is now a full line, meaning the content of this panel is 50% wasted space. Plus they are all indented, which is more wasted space especially because many now spill over onto a second line. On my 1440-pixel tall display, I can see 30 items. But if I open the same document in Firefox, the bookmark panel shows 42 items. So it's much easier to find what I am looking for in a long document.

Please don't design everything for touch. I don't need giant touch targets. I want to see…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove the 10 million billion trillion popups when initially running after downloading/signing up for a trial. Also, if you can't get the program to run at least as well as Microsoft word for editing a document... no one will.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. in previous version of Acrobat, you could set a Preference/General to open files in separate windows. This is not available in our current version per Adobe support.
    Cannot go back to older version as this is a municipal account.
    Please add this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello
    The UI has just been updated under Windows (2024-01-18), which I like so far.
    But what has remained the same is the settings window.
    I have now counted over 320 (!!!) individual setting options in all categories.
    What do you think, does this contribute to user-friendliness?
    I think certainly not.
    The other day I finally dug through all the options to see what else would make sense to set.
    I was extremely busy for many hours.
    And I think a lot of things could be simplified and left out or implemented in a more user-friendly way.
    Or perhaps an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop having popup windows when I open Acrobat. If I just opened a file, it is because I am working. The popup is very irritating. I understand that you are trying to tell me about a feature, but the timing is horrible. There is a notification bell - please use that for announcing features.

Also, it shakes my trust in Adobe to have to go through so much effort to give feedback. The account creation process is absurd. I understand that you have to accommodate the bad actors in the world, but the burden can't be just transferred to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Adobe Acrobat Pro original UI Plugins are placed at the top making it easy to access. In the new UI released a couple of weeks ago, Plugins are buried in the settings menu making them very cumbersome to use. Please move the Plugins back to the top bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I had been working on multiple PDF files that I had opened via email and via my computer's file explorer and then as I was attempting to open another file via the home tab in the top left, the application said something about maintenance being complete and then forcing me to restart my Adobe session without being able to view or save the documents I had open at the time. Then when I did close Acrobat, and attempted to open the files I had open, it froze and I had to restart my computer 2 times before it worked properly…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On all previous versions, the full filename was visible in the header, including whether the doc was secured or not. Now it is truncated in a little tab. I need to be able to view the full filename at a glance, especially to quickly be able to see when documents are (SECURED), which is now hidden.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When opening a pdf file for first time and try to do some operations (like scrolling, highlight, marking or save other type etc), the software freezes for like 30s to a minute.. and the works fine. (it is not crashing). Thereafter even after opening multiple files an doing any changes, works smoother. But once I close the adobe acrobat completely, and then open a pdf file, then this problem repeats. I had tested it for past 1 month and this appears. Please resolve this issue. It is really ******* off!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bazen, PDF dosyaları açarken donma yapıyor. "Yanıt vermiyor" uyarısı alıyorum.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There's a reason corporations are moving wholesale to Bluebeam and ditching Adobe Acrobat. It's an awful pile of steaming poo in comparison. Bluebeam has infinitely more usability and utility. In Adobe, it takes a ridiculous amount of unintuitive clicks to get anything done, marking up or drawing anything with shapes is a clustercluck, just managing the organization of a document is a nightmare.

Do your research with users! this is your worst program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It took me no less than 2.5 hours to edit a PDF, prepare the form and request signatures. It felt like I was using dial up internet and have never seen the spinning wheel of death that much since 1998. I am not sure what is happening with the programming but y'all need to speed this up because I do NOT have the time to waste just waiting for the program to respond to mouse clicks or keyboard clacks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The older versions of Acrobat had the Page Naviagion region (number of pages of youir document, which page you were on, etc) on the default screen, on top and center. That was removed on the new version of Acrobat. Please restore that. It's omission basically makes Acrobat and Acrobat Reader useless!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Should be able to change the orientation of the toolbar allowing it to be in line with the text so it's not covering the beginning or end of multiple lines but is only covering one line in a top to bottom document that has no margins, like when zoomed in for reading

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This was an issue in past Adobe Reader programs where you had to go through option menus to permanently hide the side Tool bar (currently the one that pops up on the left), but there were workable solutions to fix this.

With the latest Adobe Reader update 20360 the tool bar has returned. I tried the old way to remove it by selecting in the preferences to "Remember Current State of Tools Pane". Unfortunately this is not working this time.

How can users permanently remove this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When running Windows 11 23H2, and the Taskbar is set to "Never combine buttons", and Acrobat Pro is configured to use Tabs, it initially exhibits the correct behavior of having only one icon/button in the Taskbar. However, when switching Desktop Spaces to another desktop, and then back to the desktop where I'm running Acrobat, suddenly Acrobat has created multiple buttons on the Taskbar for every tab I have open in Acrobat. This is clearly a bug, and additionally none of the new buttons that it created do anything -- I click on them, but it does not take me to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need every file to open in two-page view and show the cover page.

Currently, settings exist to make opening in two-page view the default, but no setting exists to always show the cover page in two-page view, or to make this the default open setting. Every time I open a file I have to go to View>Page Display>Show Cover Page in Two Page View.

Please add this setting to the Preferences>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom section.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?