Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

362 results found

1. Affects Windows Office users who use Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker (the Acrobat ribbon) to export PDFs from MS Office apps. Definitely affects US English versions, and may affect other language versions.

With the recent Acrobat update on either Sept. 12 or Oct. 17, 2023 (Acrobat ver. 23.006.xxxxx with PDF Maker 23 and Library 23.6.136), figures anchored in the Word.docx file do not end up in the correct location in the PDF's tag tree.

<Figure> tags are scattered randomly throughout the PDF's Tag Tree, sometimes several pages AFTER their anchor point in the Word.docx. Some <Figure> tags do get placed correctly…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

3. This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The dialog to configure a digital signature currently requires the use of a mouse. If the steps cannot be completed with a keyboard alone, the interface is not accessible.

Please fix this.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Like ALL other pro Adobe apps we use, please give users the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts! Thank you.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  19 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be amazing if you didn't have to go all the way inside Cell Properties to check and see what a header cell's scope is set as, and what header cells are associated with any given cell in a table. If, once you were already inside Table Editor, that information would be available when you hover over any given cell (could be a feature that can be turned on or off), it would save so much time and effort in a very tedious job.

When a table is really large or complicated, it can be easy to lose your…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I have shared your concern with the higher management. I’ll update you on the request one I receive a response.

Meanwhile, check out the new features on latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the look and feel with your latest acrobat reader just sucks ... in previous versions i was able to configure my tool-bar

for example add advanced search to the tool bar so i can access it just using one click, now i have click 3 times

same with lots of others usefull functions i am working with on a daily basis

you took them all away for me and millions of other users

what a waste of our time

at least give us the option to decide what we want to have in the toolbar and what not

this is…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe constantly crashes and freezes. I pay for a subscription and I am very very close to canceling it. It is ridiculous that I can't even do my job and pay out the *** for something that doesn't work. VERY FRUSTRATED!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

1. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
    Open the file in Acrobat DC
    Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
    After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
    when you open the document again in Acrobat DC and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  12 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new update is an absolute disaster. You should fire whoever decided to sodomize the menu and annihilate the usability of adobe. I will be forced to abandon this piece of junk if you insist on this insult.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Put the ******* toolbars back. Move the Left sidebar BACK onto the right side. Put the right sidebar BACK onto the left.

Stop ******* with things that aren't broken. It makes me hate your products more than I already do. Knock it off, and stop breaking **** that doesn't need to break just so you can keep your miserable jobs.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Where are those buttons hiding now? There should be buttons to take you to the first or last page of a document. Previously you had to turn them on, but I can't find where to turn them on now with this awful UI. Someone mentioned finding a way to put it back to the old UI, how is that done?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am disappointed that your company has decided to remove the read allowed option. As a dyslexic masters graduate who is now studying for a degree in a different subject you are actively discriminating against people with protected disabilities. I am very angry and upset by you discrimination and prejudice because you have a monopoly in the market place. You are using peoples disabilities to make money so they have to buy an advanced product. I hope that the media runs a story about this and your disregard for legislation concerning disabilities. I feel upset and angry at your biased…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Can you please tell me where are you not able to use Read Out Loud.
    Read Out Loud functionality is still available and is in use. There is not decision to remove it.
    Please share the steps and the OS details where you are facing this issue.

Please update to latest version to have the latest features.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. Hi Team

To whomever may be competent to solve the problem....

There are several incomprehensible bugs with accessibility in Acrobat.

1. We can't create multiple tags in Tags pannel. Please create option for creating multiple tags just like when we create forms there is an option for do you want to create multiple forms. Screenshot pdf attached for your reference.
    2. We cannot delete Tag ID under Object properties at once. Some time its client requirement that they dont want ID, IDs come when we autotag the document.
    3. While working on a big files and creating tags, tags wont come in sequence,…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?