Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. a word look up ends up with '404 Not Found' using:
    https://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=<word>

instead it should use:
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/<word>?s=t

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat DC began closing automatically, again. This is two weeks after I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled. Whether I open a pdf file from the Explorer window or open Acrobat and then select the file to open, the program closes automatically 10-15 seconds after it opens. After reinstalling the program, the problem continues. I have already tried the suggestions from an earlier post (updating the software from the Help menu, repairing the software from the Help menu and running Acrobat distiller). It does seem to be checking my registration status, but does not remain open long enough for me…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    also, requesting you to try ‘Repair’ once-

Reader or Acrobat, or the resources they rely on, could have been damaged. Repairing the installation is a quick troubleshooting safeguard.

(Reader) Choose Help > Repair Adobe Reader Installation.
    (Acrobat) Choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation.

3. Currently the PDF signature routines of Acrobat fail when using certain certificates. As an SecSigner employee explains, this may be due to symmetric curve crypt algorithms or using PSS padding, cf. https://seccommerce.com/anforderungen-an-den-secsigner-im-rahmen-von-etsi/ (in German)

E.g. current PDF files by amazon.de result in the following error (German Acrobat DC installation, no pending updates):

Fehler bei Unterschriftsprüfung.

Bei der Prüfung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Interner kryptografischer Bibliotheksfehler.
    Fehlercode: 0x2726

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    I would request you to kindly add the Loupe tool in your main toolbar. thats how you can do that

1) launch any pdf and right click on the main toolbar
    2) select “Show Select and zoom Tool” and click on “Loupe Tool”
    3) click on the loupe tool icon added to the toolbar and then click on any area in the pdf

Now you can see an enlarged view of a specific area in a pdf in a separate window

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

5. why do we pay for creative cloud and now can't edit a form to enter a simple date. when trying to edit a w9 form for instance, i am asked to use life cycle to do so and that requires an additional monthly subscriptions???????????????????? this is bad.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

You don’t need to edit the form to enter the date. Simply click on the field and start typing.

6. I would like to be able to flip scanned pdf floor plan drawings horizontally or vertically

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Did you mean flip or rotate?

To rotate:
    Go to Organize Pages. Select the required pages. Click on one of the rotate icons on the above toolbar.
    OR
    Right click on the Left bar. Select Page Thumbnails. Now Right click on any page thumbnail and select Rotate Pages.

To flip:
    Go to Edit PDF. Right click on the image that you want to flip and select Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
    Note: You would need to uncheck the Recognize text checkbox (present in the right hand pane) when you open Edit PDF for the first time.

Let us know if that helps.

7. Everytime you make an update you make it harder for me to find my edit document button. I just opened one and absolutely none of the icons or right click provides me with edit. Finally I find if I highlight text THEN hit right click I get the menu that allows me to edit. Why take down the one in the header and make me have to do additional steps (highlighting) to be able to edit. I hate when companies adopt the Microsoft culture of calling "improvements" just moving essential commands and options around and saying it's new. At least…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble that you are facing here.
    you can easily use the edit app from the Right hand Panel Menu, Tools center and even on Searching for “edit” in the Tools search in RHP when any doc is launched.

Let me know if you see any confusion here ?

-Ayush

8. Hi,
    The ability to flatten a pdf is basic and important. We have had an Adobe DC for 2 years now for our business with little in enhancement in feature. I an tired of having to search for a community java script to do a basic operation such as flatten a document. when our annual subscription expires in June 2018 we will be moving to Foxit for all our pdf requirement. Not only is it cheaper but it is full featured.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Mac (OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6) or Acrobat (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2018.009.20044), but if i put Adobe Acrobat Pro is in fullscreen mode it will occasionally pop out of it and appear in the current view. I have not been able to recreate the issue in an accurate way, but I've mostly noticed it whilst chrome is loading pages in a new tab, but it's also happened with other programs like the finder. If I'm viewing another program in fullscreen mode when it happens Acrobat appears infront, blocking my view.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    We use Adobe Reader Pro to convert PDFs to DOCX. However, there is a problem when we are trying to convert a PDF having some greek letters (please check the screen I have attached). For example, lowercase Greek Delta is being converted into uppercase Gamma. Is there any possibility to change this behaviour to the correct one?

Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Whose stupid idea was it to make drag and drop also copy pages when in the organize pages tool? And then why doesn’t ctrl z undo that copy and reselect the pages? This is literally how everything else works.

But somehow a slight slip in this program means I need to close the file, don’t save and reselect 200 pages again to delete them because of this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi

We tried with several files and dragging does not copy the pages.
    Is it specific to some files or is there a defined way to replicate it?
    If file specific, can you please share the files with us?

This would help us investigate faster.

Thanks
    Vivek

12. when right-clicking Acrobat DC Pro no longer shows options such as "extract pages, delete pages, rotate pages", et al.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The type and spacing are out of sorts - especially if a graph happens to be in the paper. You have to essential hand type in the data to make sure all data it's aligned properly. Often font changes, as does spacing. This just requires extra attention, and editing. Apart from that - great program!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Different color option is available by using the color picker to change the color of the Pen.
    The color picker is available in the tool bar. Please try that and let us know if that works for you.

15. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

16. Link Alternative text disappears when opening in Older version of Adobe acrobat. In current version of adobe acrobat (23.003.20215), While adding alternative text for link in the new version & open the same document in older version it will automatically removes the alternative text and also commonlook shows error in new version as alt text not added. Since there is no alt text showing in Edit Tag in Properties of the tag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think I used to receive a confirmation email verifying when and with whom I shared a PDF review.It also contained the link to the review. Was this feature removed? Can it be added back? It is very handy to forward to team members that inevitably missed/can't find the email that was sent to them or insist they were never included in the first place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Could you please let me know if you are talking about "Adobe cloud storage" based review or it is for shared review based on SharePoint/WebDav/Network folder? 

It would be helpful if you could share a screen recording issue.

Regards,

Arvind

18. My organisation pays AUD$200 or more for my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC licence and I am unable to edit PDF documents. I have tried everything I can think of and consulted online help. Why are all the edit functions greyed-out? I have printed the PDF file to a new PDF file but that did not help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rae,
    I checked the details provided by you. There is no issue here. If you open the original file and click on Actual Size in menu, you will see the same exact view that you see after reflow. The view is actually shown in actual size after reflow.
    Keep the view in Zoom to Page Level to see the full page view.

Please confirm if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks
    Rachit

1 2 6 8 10 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?