Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. a adobe rep said in this forum the following:"Since the secured PDFs cannot be combined as single PDF and are only available as PDF portfolio. Those can only be viewed in Acrobat or Reader."

Is there a way to convert multiple pdfs put into a single file/folder with a single password that would protect the large singlefile/folder without password pasword protecting each individual file? or work around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug Report - The text in these API's are stunningly useless to me. Check these screenshots and send this issue to someone who knows how to fix it. I've been dealing with this problem, and have tried to get it resolved, since day 1 of my purchase of Adobe Pro XI. My other Adobe products have some of these same defects in the API's. These boxes are unreadable. No adjustment to screen display or resolution or in the program preferences makes a bit of difference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm currently unable to scan to Acrobat: when I attempt to create a PDF from scan, my scanner and Acrobat go through the whole process, and at the point where the scan should be appearing in Acrobat, I'm returned to the Scan page of Acrobat with no file created. Scanning to Photoshop works fine, so it's not my scanner. I'm on macOS Sierra, with the most recent release of DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I just installed Acrobat Pro on my Mac Desktop and not my computer won't stop beeping. I have turned off every sound control I can find and the beeping continues. And it even beeps when Acrobat has been closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prior to Adobe DC, one option for printing was to "print color as black". This was different from 'Gray scale" in that lighter colors (like yellow and pink) would come out as light gray. For folks printing line drawings (piping and electrical diagrams), this is a NECESSITY since the gray scale lines are almost illegible.

Previous versions permitted this or provided a work around to print like this.

Please reintroduce this to the options, otherwise, we have to use other software to generate the files.

If this capability does exist, please make the option simple to find.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for you valuable feedback.
    To Print color as black you can try this:
    Select Print, then the Advanced button. Under Color Management, scroll nearly to the bottom of Color Profile. There you’ll find Black & White. Select this, then, OK, the Print.
    Is this solve your issue?

Best Regards!

6. Be able to go into preferences and specify the default folder for saving files, similar to the function in Word/Excel/PPT, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you have to resize a field such as a check box, it is more efficient to do a copy and paste. However, it is a pain to have to go back and edit each and every field with a unique name. This occurs because your paste autopopulates the name field with the same name. This feature should be able to be turn on or off as needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

8. Acrobat DC is unable to checkhspell the content of a Document. Please provide a speller for the hole document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro on basis of monthly payment. Today I receive a note: "You have seven days left...)".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura

Seems like your default Excel handler is changed to Acrobat. You can change the default Excel handler by following steps:

1. right-click on any Excel file.
    2. Go to Properties.
    3. Click on “Change…” button against "Opens With: " and select Excel from the list of apps. If you don’t see it, click on More Apps or navigate to your Excel install location where you can find excel.exe
    4. Once done, click on Apply > OK.

It should work fine now.

Thanks
    Tanvi

11. In https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html you can read:

“When you distribute a form, Acrobat automatically checks the form. If it doesn’t find a submit button, it adds a Submit Form button to the document message bar. Users can click the Submit Form button to send completed forms back to you. If you don’t plan to use the Submit Form button created by Acrobat, you can add a custom submit button to your form.”

I added a Submit button to a form and when I distributed it I got two submit buttons: the one I added plus the standard one generated by Acrobat inside…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The banner (top of the frame) is too large, as is the Find box when you ctrl+F. When you try to fix this in the properties area, this area is also too large. I am assuming this is making an apply button run off of the visible area of the window. When i try to fix the resolution (from Auto-Detect, which I'm assuming is also part of the problem) to 100% it doesn't fix it when I close the window (which is why I assume there is an "apply" button that I cannot see or use - See Bottom of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I sort comments: by type, author, color, page, etc, the groups are always fully open. If I'm sorting by a particular group, I want to target something within a group. If I have a lot of comments, they scroll past the end of the comment pane. So EVERY TIME, I have to collapse the groups. At the very least, make the name of the groups BOLD somehow, so that I can see which group it is more easily. Also, I miss the little twirl down triangle, That UI was more intuitive. I don't like the ellipses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Ammar responded

The suggested behaviour is already present in the application in some other form.

14. A patch is urgently needed for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and DC to overcome Windows' misbehavior vs. Acrobat after the latest update. Acrobat crashes during scan under Windows 10 latest update, often when one scans the first page, but sometimes only after one page or maximum two. I verified that by installing a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise, checked that Acrobat works; then Windows 10 was updated to the latest version and Acrobat scan stopped working on TWO different computers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please get back to us if you face any other issue.
    Thanks.

15. I have been using adobe acrobat pro 9 for over 10 years, and recently I have to switch over to acrobat DC, and find it bizarre.

1. First, the user interface has been completely redesign, not allowing one to switch back to the previous UI.
    2. Also, I find the number of key strokes needed to do a simple task, has greatly increase. I do a lot of cut-and-paste with my old acrobat, and it was convenient. With the new DC, after finally figure out how to do it, it involves a lot more key strokes. A regression!
    3. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I simply create a signature and store it??? You are getting too technical and overlooking the little stuff..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a preprocessing step for our document analysis technology, we need to OCR hundreds of document scans. Since we need not only the recognized text, but also font information and text position, your OCR technology as integrated into the Acrobat DC provides the best quality for our needs, but unfortunately, there seems to be absolutely no possibility to automate the OCR process? Your mobile app seems to access some cloud api, since there you can make a picture with your phone and get the OCRed PDF within seconds from the Adobe servers, but the API is not public (at least…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don't understand the differences between Acrobat Pro, Acrobat DC and other (maybe?) similar products. I get confused over which features I have. I’m not even sure which license I have, because I used to have Acrobat X Pro, then I was upgraded to DC without knowing how or why or being given a choice or understanding what that meant. I’ve now had DC for quite a while, but when I logged into a different device, it wanted me to buy a license.

Please straighten all this out and explain it so we can all understand what we have and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Issue: The Sanitize function does not work in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Desktop (purchased March 2017).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here