Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Pretty self-explanatory. I work with a huge amount of documents and find myself selecting the 100% zoom a lot, which makes it easy to read the document. A quick button to allow this view would make life much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am offered to try Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for 7 days. When I click the try-it-free button in the Adobe letter sent to me, then accept an installation, I find that I have no days left to try! See pictures.
    What is this??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a new “picture” field that would allow inserting a picture type (jpg, jpg, eps, etc.) into the field. The when pasted in allow the user resizing choices such as zooming and cropping, as needed.

I’m surprised no one has asked for this. I’m in construction and I think this would be needed for insurance forms or any field where photo documentation is being collected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Mac, I have always used Command+P+P to save anything as a PDF (i.e., print to PDF).

Since I've installed Pro 2017 this feature no longer works. I know it works in Sierra, which is what I'm using, because it works on my other Sierra machine in which I have not installed Pro 2017. So it must be a peculiarity to Pro 2017.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using CTL-E to set the Default Pin Color for the Highlight Icon is slow and requires several steps. Please allow for the creation of multiple highlight pin icons that a user can just select the required Color Highlight Icon for a one-set quick change of color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, there's a broken/useless link or redirect for accessibility in Acrobat. Hoping you could let me know when fixed please: goto --> Help --> Online Support --> Accessibility Resource Centre. The destination doesn't offer anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  7 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cannot access the OK button on the security details screen. I have a small screen and it is not visible.

Read the details in the Adobe Support Case.

Case #0189029806

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

No update from user.
    Does not seem to be product issue.

8. Some bug in my Acrobat Pro DC prevents me from using the Highlighter feature. Click on the button, go to text to highlight and program crashes. See attached doc for the crash report. Same kind of thing when I try to use the Stamp feature. Click on Stamp, go the the Standard Business, click the VOID stamp, go to doc and program crashes. See doc2 for the crash report. What can I do?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I cannot sign in to print a simple statement of payment for managing my account. Everytime I depress manage account, I have to resign in...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Here's an idea. How about NOT having pop-up ads for a free version of Document Cloud on PAID versions of Acrobat Pro?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please enable a way to have the drop down menus on PDF forms blank until clicked on. If the item list has three or less items, you can click the blank space (Under dropdown properties > options > item list) but if there are four or more list items, one of them is always selected and shows on the drop down list (not blank.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm using Adobe Acrobat XI. I used to use Adobe Acrobat X, and encountered the same problem.

I create some REALLY lengthy forms in Word. I apply a style with square bullets to text in Word to create a checkbox list. Then I convert the file to PDF, and then convert the PDF to a form. Every line has the same Word style with the same square symbol for its bullet, so there's nothing about the way I'm applying the formatting that's inconsistent.

I've learned from trial and error that square bullets only convert to checkboxes if the font is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

The form field detection algorithm is not perfect, and only provides a good starting point.
    You will require manual work to create fields that are not detected by Acrobat

As a workaround, you could try inserting “Square shape” instead of bullets.
    Click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape.

I hope this work for you.

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i would like to be able to change the font of an interactive text field of a pdf file that i made in adobe indesign.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

You can make use of "Enable Rich Text Field " in Properties panel to make use of formatting options in "Right Click >Sub Menus.

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request. Can revisit later

15. Option to keep page and bookmark navigation panes open. I use them everyday. Every single time I open/create a new pdf, I have to open panes. Haven't found a way to keep them open if it exists.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don't know if it happens in languages other than Korean (at least not in English).
    If I try to modify a comment, the last character I type is appended at the back.
    For example, if I wrote "Hello world" and tried to add "Hi " at the front, last character "i" is added at the back so it becomes "HHello worldi". (This does not happen in English as I said)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (20.013.20064) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

17. Each comment in the column on the right hast to be opened to be checked with done (check mark). But then the answer-field is opening and the answering field of the former comment will be closed. When the checkmark is not set, the comment is always shifting a bit up. That makes a work with 500 corrections really bumpy/uneasy.
    The size of each comment is also too big. In the former version there were 17 comments on one screen, now there are just 9 comments!
    Make one comment without opening and smaller and more clearly arranged without moving!!

In the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original issue reported in the main thread is resolved by giving a preference for checkbox in the latest release. The other issue reported by Ian Davis is under our radar and we will let the user know if we pick it for future release.

18. I cannot upload as the information is sensitive but there seems to be a programme glitch when you are editing and then saving over PDFs. I have just attached a screen shot instead. It happens maybe 8/10 times but when you are editing the text on PDFs random missing letters appear. It seems the only way to get around this is by copying and pasting the letters back in place and this doesn't even always work. The PDFs were originally designed in Indesign and saved out as PDFs as templates to be edited afterwards. I have called Adobe many times…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The same options for creating a personalized signature should be made available for creating personalized initials. Specifically, I'd like to be able to import an image file of my initials. Currently, the only options are to type your initials or use the cursor to digitize them. Neither sufficiently replicates the look of real, handwritten initials.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here