Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. If you go Edit and click on some type Acrobat tells you the font. The problem is that it just gives the font name. If a font is in medium, book or something like that it will not tell you that information, it will only give you the main font name. So if some type is in Baskerville Book it will only tell you that it is in Baskerville.
    This did not happen in earlier versions like Acrobat X Pro (10.1.16) for example. This version of Acrobat tells you the exact font and its weight, so it would say it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When sending bills or other letters as PDF I add our company logo in the background of the document via Acrobat. Everything works as expected until I save. Then the program crashes every time. The file however emerges complete and intact after I restart Acrobat.

MacOS 10.13.6
    Acrobat PRO DC 2019.021.20061

• Export PDF via Save Dialog from MS Word (ver. 16.16.17)
    • Open PDF in Acrobat
    • Add Background (PDF File with Vector Graphic)
    • Save -> CRASH

I use the current version of Acrobat, but the issue has been persistent for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

3. 'Tools' tab not functioning.
    When accessing directly from top bar, or from the last option on the right column, the tools tab is a blank screen. Not offering the options available, including to redact a document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Arial disappeared and changing fonts screws up the formatting of the existing text. Most recently, it added a "!" at the end of every line of text. Trying to delete the "!" changes the margins and layouts to outside the borders. Trying to change the font messes it up even more.

How do I fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When working with the Measurement Tool in Acrobat DC Pro. It should be possible to enter a measurement on a page when the scale is set. Rather than just stretching the line.

For instance, if I wanted to see how far 22.22" is on a .125"=12" Scale.

Currently the only way to find this measurement, is to stretch the measurement line. If Adobe would allow me to enter the 22.22", and then have the program measure that out, it would be an excellent resource.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When snapshot is used and selected area is copied it cannot be pasted back to the same document or any other opened pdf document or into next page in the same pdf document,
    Can it be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give the ability to set defaults in the Split function of Adobe DC. I always split by "Top Level Bookmarks" and Output using the Bookmark names for file names. Since I (and my team) do this for multiple files every day, having to reset those parameters every time you want to split a file is really unhelpful and a waste of time. Given that Adobe is a massive time saver, this would help even more.
    I get that is how I do it, but not how everyone does it, so the ability to update just my defaults would be helpful.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When "Reduce Multiple Files" is selected to optimize an entire folder of PDF files, there needs to be a question added to the questions/answers path that asks you to select from the list of saved optimization settings.

Right now, it ALWAYS uses the Standard settings, and the resulting graphics quality for screen shots and similar images is not very good. I have created a custom setting for the PDF Optimizer that gives the results I want, but there is no way currently to apply it across a folder of PDF files.

This should be an easy fix -- please implement…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to import 360 spherical images into the PDF so they can be viewed/navigated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we please get a feature in the Print Production --> Convert Colors section, that allows us to copy and paste a set of page numbers to convert from CMYK to grayscale? The only three options it gives me are "All", "Current Page", and "From X to X".

I have a bunch of pages I need to convert from CMYK to grayscale, but doing it page by page, range by range, is extremely tedious and time cosuming. Take my current project for example. I need to convert these pages:

1-5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35,37,39,41,43,45,47,49,51,53,55,57,59,61-63,65,67,69,71,72,76

Is there no way I can just copy and paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be possible to include a REPLACE ALL function instead of only replace ? Microsoft word has it since 80's. Please its simple and its hurting my **** finger to click a thousand times replace to replace sentences in a long PDF document. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat DC keeps getting stuck in - "This operation not allowed, since scanning is in progress" - mode. Cannot clear it. Cannot perform any additional functions. Have to force shutdown.Seems to happen with certain acrobat created files but not others when I attempt to recognize text or run the enhance file feature of Acrobat.
    Windows 10 OS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After downloading a password-protected document (with password protection but authorization for form processing and saving) can only save once.

When trying to save the document a second time (also under a different name), the error message appears:
    "The document could not be saved.
    The file is either read-only or used by another user.
    Save the document under a different name or in a different folder. "

Unfortunately, the document can not be saved under a different name and / or folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We used to be able to actually ADD text to our pdf's, I am not seeing where or what I need to click on to be able to do this as easy as with the previous Adobe Pro XI version our company had.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Within PDF's we often create notes and comments. The text font and size sometimes needs adjustment. Having used MS Windows all our lives we are conditioned to simply highlight the text, right-click and a pop-up box appears with "properties" listed. Unfortunately with Acrobat DC Pro "properties" is not an option. Now we must navigate 4 layers deep into the menu: View > Show/Hide > Toolbar items > Show Properties Bar

The right-click for properties feature is widely adopted by third party software companies that want to create a seamless experience for the user within Windows. It is a necessary productivity…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Organize Pages, Extract, currently: no ability to type in desired multiple page range.
    Currently you have to select the Picture Pages to get a Range selected.
    Why can't you all make it available to type in our Multiple Page Range, too, in the Page # box?
    This was a feature for a long time on the older version. It was much quicker & less errors to be able to type in my Page Range to Extract.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I want to edit an object in an external editor, the tool ”Edit using…” only shows ”Open with…”.
    Illustrator/Photoshop is not shown in the list as it used to. It makes no difference if I set them (or any other compatible app) as default editors in preferences.

(Acrobat Pro DC 2019.021, MacOS 10.14)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a feature to the Add Text function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC so that a user can choose Opaque for a text box and avoid a Background image being visible through the text box. Also, the user should be able to choose a solid color to appear behind the text in the text box. This feature is so basic that it should have been in the product from the start. Photoshop Elements has had it for a long time!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?