Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Acrobat Pro will not search all documents in a directory. It gives 0 results for any key words. I ended up combining all the PDFs in the directory and searching within the combined PDF. Please fix! I use this every day for my work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I came in with a notification to log into Adobe Creative Suite for profile setup. After running the the dialog box to set up the profile, I lost all comments on shared Acrobat files. That is over 5 hours of review comments lost. Is there a way to retrieve those comments? I have no interest in reviewing a 90 page document again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into the issue reported by you and will try our best to resolve it. Meanwhile could you please give us the below info and let us know.

1. This issue happens to you for one specific file or on everyone.
    2. Could you please try opening the shared file from Web(Browser) and let us know if comments are visible or not.
    3. Also please share error if you got any.

3. 1 of several problems in how PDF Maker (and InDesign's export to PDF utility) tag PDFs.

In Table Editor, the editor's cell markers (bright pink lines) do not align with the actual <TD> data cells. This makes it difficult, and sometimes impossible, to correct a cell's tag.

Most commonly seen in complex tables with merged cells in the column and row headers. See screen capture.

Also see this blog post:
    https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_04-05/ACROBAT_tableeditor.shtml

EXPECTED RESULT:
    Table Editor's cell outlines should match the actual cells.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When saving a pdf, acrobat stops responding and must be force quit. This usually does not happen with "save as", only with save. I am running Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.4. Acrobat Pro 2020 (obtained through my university) is version 2020.001.30020. A text file of the crash report is attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you are looking at a text you should be able to highlight a part of the text it should send you to the website that they got the idea from. While your writing a text instead of putting in a bibliography you should highlight your text and reference it there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Settings that resulted in change bars being present when converting a word document to a PDF - to highlight new or revised content have been changed and do not function now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Acrobat Pro DC does not convert files as well as Acrobat XI Pro. I was told by support that developing code to convert every font is not possible; however it was possible for XI Pro. I don't want bells & whistles. I just want software that works. Attached are files converted via XI Pro and via Pro DC. Converting as a print file works but it is very inconvenient. I have lots of Word and Excel examples which I can send to someone. I do not want to attach confidential files in this type of forum.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have to convert files from Word to PDF and in this case I need to convert multiple pages from PDF to Word. I have five folders, 150 pages per folder. I just spent an hr with with a Adobe assistant and all i can do is 10 pages at a time. Not helpful at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PDF files that I created are being password protected randomly. This is a major issue because i need to be able to edit/merge these files for work. I did not set up or request a password to be added so I have no idea what password it is looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  amukherj responded

Sorry for the inconvenience, though this sounds very strange. Can you kindly share the steps you are following to create the pdf. I am asuming it is asking for a password when you are trying to reopen it later – correct me if it is not so.
    Also share the version of the software you are using as well as the version of the Operating system.

11. If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked the issues after your response.

For point 2, the behaviour is as designed. It seems that the user have to select the option as the default selected item is the last added item in RHP and if no addition is done, then none of the option is selected. Further, I’m not able to hear “AV container View” with controls. I’ve informed the engineering team regarding this.

For point 3, I have raised the issues with engineering team and hopefully it will be fixed in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. Could you please make a spellcheck a feature!

We review PDF's frequently and I would love the ability to easily highlight spelling errors and send the file back to the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have forwarded the request to the higher management. Currently we don’t have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will implement it in future release.
    Meanwhile to see spelling errors, open Edit PDF and click on inside each bounding box one by one to see if there is any error in each paragraph.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. While the idea of 'star' documents available at anytime/anywhere is great in theory - it doesn't work. It times out - does not even work considering it was a recent file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I open a PDF and then double click on the page, all pages rotate 90Deg. Why that and how to stop it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    1) Could you please let me know the current version # of Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Is this issue with every PDF that you are trying on or is it specific to some PDF file. Can you please share any sample PDF.
    3) Can you share a Screen Video of the issue so that we have a clear picture when issue gets reproduced.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

16. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

17. I can't export anything to PDF format because it says "Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated. Try launching Adobe Acrobat."
    I've checked and my license has not expired and is activated. I've relaunched, logged out and signed in on Adobe Acrobat and it still shows the same pop up.
    It is extremely frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What I’m looking for is a way to imbed the originating file name somewhere in the Meta data of the pdf for future reference. It would have nothing to do with the file name used for the PDF when exporting the original file. Use case: Often a client will rename a pdf and down the road I have to find the original Indesign file used to create that pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

20. I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?