Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. The Bates Stamping tool needs a few more features to help litigation users comply with the court requirements. For example. in Nevada, when we submit trial exhibits to the court, the PDF file name is the exhibit number (e.g., 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf) and the Bates number on the document is the File Name plus the page number (e.g., 1-001, 1-002, 1-003; 2-001, 2-002; 3-001, etc.). Currently, we have to process each PDF individually and manually type the filename as the prefix, which is a massive time suck. If the File Name were added as a field to the Bates Stamping…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has a lot of really good editing features that are not available when using SharePoint - specifically the Dynamic Stamp functions and adding bookmarks to a pdf...both really helpful when sharing pdfs with others!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi! It would be amazing to the workflow if you could add the option to set specific keybinds to change the hightlight text color before actually take the action or using the mouse to manually select the color you want.

For example: I'm using "green" as standard color but as i'm reading i decide that for that line of text i would rather choose "red" cause it is important. I would love to have the option to press -for example- "1" and automatically change the hightlight color to "red".

Thank you for your time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to add text over an image many times. Every time I do it, I need to resize the text box. Can't we get the boxes to fit the text? There's a simple option in Word to this....?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be a simple command to discard permanently everything outside the cropbox. Currently, the only way to do so is the crop pages and then run OCR. Why? Seems like a simple, useful feature to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A one-key accelerator key (C) exists, but in order to use it, one must activate the whole set, which leads to accidentally starting lots of processes by touching a key by mistake (or by typing a seach term into the Find window too quickly. Acrobat used to have Command+Shift+C for this purpose, but it is not included in the latest version.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need to make a table of contents automatically using the bookmarks within a PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When selecting text in Acrobat, it defaults to selecting the entire word, so that editors must routinely deselect text Acrobat has included in error. I understand from past comments that Adobe has no intention of changing this behavior.

But could you at least not consider adjacent punctuation to be part of the word?

If I want to select a word at the end of a sentence, I very rarely want to select the period, too. If I do, I can drag a little further much easier than carefully dragging back just one character to undo Acrobat's mistaken selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Acrobat DC debería llevar incorporado un traductor. Hay mucha gente que no controla todos los idiomas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi all,

can any of you tell me how to set Photoshop as the default for opening images from Acrobat Pro DC (macOS Monterey)?

Whenever I click on an image under "Edit PDF" with the "Edit" tool, the preview is displayed in the "Edit with" submenu. When I say "open with" I can select Photoshop. However, I would like to use Photoshop as the default here so that I don't always have to select the programme under "Open with".

I had actually remembered that I could set this in the settings under the item "Touch up". Unfortunately, this menu item…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a new text box, there is the option of highlighting the text, right clicking and choosing Create Link. However, this option disappears when highlighting text later on, even text that was created by the author. Please add this option to all highlighted text that is right clicked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When creating a new text box, there is the option of highlighting the text, right clicking and choosing Create Link. However, this option disappears when highlighting text later on, even text that was created by the author. Please add this option to all highlighted text that is right clicked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For the Desktop verison for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I believe a nice add-on feature would be a setting for the document if the user wants to set a reminder for that specific document. For example, If a employee's medical card is renewed and expires Jan 1, 2023, I want to be able to open the document in Adobe Acrobat Pro and set a date/time for a reminder for that document. the reminder settings should also include when the reminder should alert the user to that document that needs attention. so 2-3 weeks before Jan 1, 2023. It would remind…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I paste a big bullet list into a new .PDF, or save it from a word doc, I go to move some of the bullet points around, only to find that you've made them all the same object. and there's NO WAY to add or remove lines of text or images from a larger object. At all. You have to manually delete it, and copy the image or text, create a new text box, then paste it far enough away so it doesn't again get lumped in with the rest of the stuff on the page.

How is there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now, if you select a picture or text box or ANY object while editing, if you want to move that to the next page, you can't just drag and drop it. you have to CUT it, then scroll to the next page, and paste it. What if you have a full clipboard already, and don't want to put this new thing on it, because it'll slow your work down? There's so many reasons to let people do this, and not one good one I can think of to not have it at LEAST be an option to turn on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WHY DOES THE HIGHLIGHTER KEEP DISAPPEARING? THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING AND PREVENTS ME FROM MOVING FORWARD WITH MY WORK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On split file one should be able to say split into A4 size. That'l be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When creating a sort of template I use right align. When I close edit to save which I now have to do, I didn't use to have to, and then open edit it is no longer right aligned and when it try to right align it gets permanently ffffffeddd up. You may have the best OCR on the market but you really should not advertise that fact until you fix some real problems. This is not my first time attempting a post

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is there a fix for the read-only bug in which you are unable to save edits to pdfs. Error message reads "The document could not be saved. The file may be a read only or another user may have it open. Please save this document with a different name or in a different folder."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?