Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. I don't create or edit PDFs very often, but when I do, finding the right font is frustrating. First, you can't tell what they look like because they all look the same in your list. Please make them show up in the list like they would look in the document. Second, I only use a few fonts. Let me prioritize the list so my most used fonts show first. I have the subscription Acrobat DC Pro running on an M1 based iMac and an iPad Pro, in case it makes a difference in what features are available between platforms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The setting process is complicated and inconvenient when working with links.
    So, it would be nice to have an existing link editing window on the right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When scrolling a PDF document with highlighted text using the two-finger gesture on a trackpad, text that is highlighted when creating a Comment does not visually scroll properly. See the attached video. Same problem occurs when using the cursor to scroll the page (not captured in the attached video). Reproduced on several documents

Steps:
    1. Select text
    2. Bring up contextual menu
    3. Select Highlight Text
    4. Write and post a comment
    5. Scroll page: text creates a visual "ladder" while scrolling and then the page is re-drawn.

MacbookPro 16" 2021, 64GB Ram, 32 GPU Cores

Architecture:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why don't I have the ability to fully edit documents? I have no way of adding any drawing objects like lines, circles, boxes, etc. I am paying $15.89 per month, It seems like I would be able to fully edit a document with a group of basic tools ($15.89 x 12 = $190.68 per year)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we please have the ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts like you have in other Adobe products? Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When sending a sharable pdf document to several people so they can edit it we need to have access to all editing tools. Currently, when you open a regular pdf, there are 13 editing tools available. When you open the cloud-based sharable document, there are only 5 tools. We used to be able to have a shareable pdf AND access to all tools but no longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want the framed box back. I put all kinds of status notes on PDFs and with the true Text-Box I could see them when browsing in Explorer.

Hidden comments or hidden sticky notes are useless for this purpose.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Until two weeks ago, I had the ability to merge non-pdf files into a pdf. That is no longer the case. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this back. Having to convert each document into pdf before merging docs is a PAIN IN THE -SS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It just leaves the spot empty where the 'ä' should be. Same goes for 'ö'. Havent tried 'å'. Tested with two Macs (OS's Monterey and Catalina) It's likely a bug.
    I can add the ä manually to a bookmark but the bookmarking process becomes slower. I think this is because the developers haven't used Finnish keyboard when coding.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We can't paste a .png image from one PDF document to another one correctly at all. We have these seals that we want to paste in the same place on several pages of a PDF, and usually when we do this the pasted image has a different size, is in a different location on the page, and worst the transparent background of the image gets turn to black basically. This used to work fine in Adobe Acrobat Pro X. How can this work in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. function bookmrk.GetByTitle stoped working as it should. It worked properly early. We tried to reinstall then Acrobat, but it didn't help.
    Windows 7. Acrobat Pro DC 2021.007.20102
    Error in the following VBScript:

Set MainPartDocument = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
    MainPartDocument.Open("C:\1\1.pdf")
    Set bookmrk = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDBookmark")
    'on the next line function returns False, although the "bookmark" exists in the file. GetByTitle actually can't get the bookmark.
    res = bookmrk.GetByTitle(MainPartDocument, "bookmark")
    msgbox res
    if res then
    msgbox "bookmrk exists " & bookmrk.GetTitle
    end if

It looks like a bug. The problem was solved by installing Acrobat Reader on the PC additionally to Acrobat Pro. We noticed,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to write on the file. The highlighter tool is chunky and not great for writing sentences. It would be helpful for me to use a pen tool to write sentences in the margin rather than simply type it in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. At present it is only possible to split a PDF by top level bookmark; it would be great to have the option to choose the bookmark level (e.g., if there are nested bookmarks in a document). There are PDF editors around that do have this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I try to use the clone stamp or brush tool, it automatically starts doing a zigzag pattern all over my PDF, not where I had indicated for it to go.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Click Edit and the first thing that occurs, Rotate/Skew. Can this be disabled? 99.9999999% of the time I just want to add or edit text. Instead I have to wait for R&S to complete, then UNDO R&S just so I can get to edit text. Huge waste of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Editing is not really the correct word. For millions of users, we simply want to "mark up" a PDF by, say, underlining a sentence. That was dead easy with Adobe Pro XI. Now seemingly impossible with DC. Constantly get image processing error messages. No customized user toolbars, as with Pro. Basically DC has been over-thought. 99% of users want the basic functionality of Adobe Pro XI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a user I want to quickly underline or highlight some text. That currently is painful (or I have not figured out how to do this, in that case it is not intuitive). I dont want to go into editing mode with the risk of editing every single element on the page, accidently move the text block etc. Just want to use my pen to quickly select and edit a chunk of text.

See Foxit Mobile (they have done a great job, also with dark mode) however, the project is discontinued.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,
    When I add some files with the PNG extension to a new PDF file which is being edited, image frame and its catch points are available but I can not move or re-size them. This issue was happening also Reader DC stamping tools. Could you please check it?
    Thank you in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have hundreds of pages to redact in a scanned document and when I hit apply the screen over the document goes gray and a solid white box appears in the center. The white box usually give the options to use in the redaction process. I have to close Adobe with Task Manager. This is unacceptable. This is a recurring problem. I managed to clear it with difficulty a few weeks ago and the malfunction has returned. Please don't tell me to update. I checked. There are no outstanding updates. This is disappointing and annoying as I expected better from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Under Edit PDF>Format it would be very helpful to be able to double-underline

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?