Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Tried to create a PDF off a web page. If the first word of the page title is with a colon, it couldn't get it save to local. Instead, seems my Adobe Acrobat DC is looking for the network drive and save it there. If the first word named "Making: steps to make a cake", then Acrobat will try to save the created PDF from the web page to the network drive "Making:", which basically doesn't exist. I am not sure if this will open up any risk for hackers trying to get onto anyone network drive (doesn't sound like…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In order to meet contract requirements at work, I need to convert Word documents into section 508-compliant PDFs on a regular basis. In order to pass the accessibility check in Adobe Acrobat, each figure needs to have alt-text assigned and each table needs to have a table summary assigned. I know how to do this in Adobe Acrobat, but I would like to assign these items in Microsoft Word for efficiency. We often have to create multiple PDFs of the same Word document during the revision/editing process, and having these items already assigned in Word would eliminate rework. Also, we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In recent versions of Word (say the last 6 months), the option "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF" causes text to be omitted from paragraphs that contain inline images (so obviously it can't be enabled when creating PDFs).

Disabling the feature in the global settings causes the plugin to crash frequently. Disabling through the "Options" dialog in the "Save Adobe PDF File As" dialog avoids the crashing behavior ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

However, confirming a change in that "Options" dialog causes the plugin to ignore the global per-style bookmark inclusion settings (overwriting them with "Include all" or so).

All this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When saving as pdf from Outlook, the sent time on the email in question (in Outlook) sometimes does not agree with the sent time shown in the pdf (in Acrobat). The current file I'm looking at differs by 1 minute - which may not seem like much, but may matter in legal cases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I try to create a PDF from a Web Page, it usually works fine, but most websites doesn't works well. It takes a lot of time; it appears 0 KB downloaded in the progress bar for some minutes, then returns an error "Timed Out.".

The same error occurs when using the Adobe Acrobat extension on Google Chrome.

I'm using the most updated version 2021.011.20039.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1 Pro
    Build: 21.11.20039.0
    AGM: 4.30.115
    CoolType: 6.0.3
    JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I tried to convert a JPG that was created in photoshop to a PDF. It renders the image as a negative, for instance the white background of my JPG now has a black background as a converted PDF and the images have been rendered like negatives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Often when exporting a file as a PDF, I will accidentally have the old version already open. I then receive a message saying "Cannot save to the file "xyz.pdf", because it is already open."

It would be helpful if there was an option to "save anyway and overwrite open file", so that I don't have to cancel the export process, close the open PDF file, and then go through the export process again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, all shapes containing embedded text that were excluded from reading order in PowerPoint are being tagged inappropriately during the conversion to be read by assistive technology anyway. Tagging and reading order as specified in PowerPoint should be carried over to Adobe PDF, and if text is marked to be excluded from reading order because it is actually decorative, this should be honored in the conversion process. For example, we use callout markers that consist of a solid circle with a number embedded in it (1, 2, 3, etc.). The numbered circles are excluded…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When PowerPoint files are converted to PDF, slide titles should be converted to H1 because PowerPoint currently does not establish a hierarchy of headings. However, when I test the PDF output with a screen reader, I discover that they are all converted to H2, and there is no H1 anywhere in the file. Adobe Acrobat Pro is flagging this as a heading issue in accessibility checker, but the slides are properly set up with title placeholders on the master layouts, so Adobe is improperly applying H2 to slide titles when no H1 is present. See these WCAG accessibility standards and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the past, I have been able to select multiple PDF files from a Windows File Explorer, right-click, and "Combine files in Acrobat DC..." However, lately it no longer works. The Acrobat DC program will open to the home tab, but then I have to go back to the explorer and redo the process, then it will work. So, it appears the program needs to be open before the combine PDFs option works. Is there a way to fix this, so it will open the program and go to the combine files tool immediately, other than repeating the process twice?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PDFs are traditionally considered static documents that offer consistency between printed and on-screen outputs. However, this creates an inherent limitation in the utility of portable documents. Consider the old static landing pages of Web 1.0; minimal interactivity and stylization eventually gave way to dynamic webpages in Web 2.0. Much in the same way, “Dynamic PDFs” have the potential to help document creators grow and communicate their thoughts more efficiently. Two specific use cases are outlined below:

a) In Book Publishing

A writer would like to convert their Word document into a digital book with dynamic art; thanks to Adobe, this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yesterday I applied updates to both Acrobat Pro DC and Office on macOS 11.6.2, so I'm not sure whether is regression was caused by Office or Acrobat.

Office was updated to version 16.58 (22011201)
    Acrobat was updated to version 2021.011.20039

Now:

1. When I launch PowerPoint, I get an error (see attached image): PowerPoint couldn't load the add-in /Users/admin/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/PowerPoint/SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam

Indeed: the SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam file no longer exists.

1. Word no longer contains the Acrobat add-in in the ribbon. If I open User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/linkCreation.dotm and enable macros when prompted, the Acrobat add-in loads into that document, but that's it. It does not…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Microsoft has enhanced the Mergefield Library with the DisplayBarcode Function. This Function creates dynamic Barcodes or QR Codes with MS Word.
    As of September 2022 ebanking will switch to QR Code Payment.
    Therfore I woul need to create Bills with QR Code and send them as PDF to customers. If I save the Word documet as PDF File it works perfect . See attachment, if I use the Adobe AddIn to generate the serial mailing und just save tem on a foder it does not work....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a recent iMac running OS Catalina version 10.15.1. I'd like to embed a simple and short Audio file. I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat PRO DC from the cloud. I tried recording a note, that did not work out all. Then I recorded an audio file in Garageband and saved it as an .aif file (I saved it as an .aif file because none of the other formats would load up) and this prerecorded .aif file uploaded from my hard disc into my cursor successfully (I can actually play…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is a variation on an existing function in Adobe Acrobat Pro that appears in Tools - Document Processing - Web capture - Append All Links on Page. This function seeks out a linked file or webpage, converts it to PDF, and then appends it to the end of the host PDF file and then internally links/bookmarks the link to that page.

Instead of appending the links to the PDF file at the end and creating an internal bookmark link to the page, this feature would do the same thing but instead attach the file or webpage in the link…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot Combine Adobe PDFs through Context Menu

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and when trying to use the right-click context menu to Combine Adobe PDFs into a single file, Adobe Acrobat DC opens up, but nothing happens for 1-2 minutes. This will happen whether I select one file, multiple files, a small file (100KB<) or a larger file (>2MB). I need to combine PDFs as part of my daily duties, and waiting literally hours every day to combine my PDFs is horribly inefficient.

Versions: Adobe Acrobat DC Version: 21.007.20099, running Windows 10 Pro Enterprise (GC) 1803.

One would expect…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Append to existing PDF feature for the Adobe PDF Printer like PrimoPDF.

I print multiple sheets out of Excel to send for signatures but not all sheets and to append them together would be ideal. So, for now, I print the PDF in PrimoPDF because it has this feature, then send the PDF package via Adobe Sign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a simple way to convert a Word document to a pdf WITH embedded fonts for publishing. It is much too difficult and time consuming hunting down the process in the program. I thought the program had all of these features easily accessible to a user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use a Word document with blank fields i manually fill to create PDF letters. Now it seems I have to save the Word file in the process of creating a PDF. I need to be able to close the Word file without saving it so the fields remain blank for the next use. Why can I no longer simply <Print> the filled form letter to PDF without overwriting my original Word file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?