Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. I cannot print one page of my tax return--the payment voucher. I get the error that it is unable to convert postscript file when trying to print. I have an Epson XP5100 printer, a MacBook Pro using Ventura 13.2.1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why does the printing page open 2x and requires me to click 2x for printing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When converting certain outlined PDFs to PDF/X using the Preflight tool, in the resulting PDF many characters are missing (already on screen, before printing). This makes the Preflight tool unusable.

1. Open cmyk-14-input.pdf
    2. Use print production -> Preflight -> PDF/X -> Convert to PDF/X-4 (Coated FOGRA39) or any other of the PDF/X profiles or use the "Standards" tab with "Apply corrections" checkbox enabled.
    3. The resulting PDF is completely destroyed (see cmyk-14-output_audit.pdf)

Environment: Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat 23.1.20174.0
    Expected result: An output visually similar to the input cmyk-14-input.pdf
    Observed result: A garbled output like cmyk-14-output_audit.pdf

Some observations:
    * This does only happen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Do you offer a way to combine a word document when going to print to pdf from the print driver to combine to a PDF file already saved instead of it overwriting the file but it combines it with the PDF from within that interface?
    When attempting to do this it just prompts me to overwrite the PDF instead of combining it.

We have this option in the docuPrinter printer, not with Adobe PDF printer.

Please check the document attached for more details or reach out to the user at
    paul.renaud@duke-energy.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After an Adobe update, cannot print certain PowerPoint files to PDF. Notepad captures "Meiryo-Bold not found, using Courier", but print process never completes. Need help/support to resolve this issue, again, was able to print same file prior to update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We often will use Print to add pages to a PDF. The PDF is open in Adobe, they can use the Adobe Printer Driver to print a word document at the end of an open PDF it's an easy way to combine multiple documents. In Kofax you could Print - a dialogue box opens asking do you want to add at end, beginning, at cursor location or create a new PDF. Very helpful to our users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MAC OS 13.2.1 (22D68)

I have an editable pdf (attached) which can be opened and filled in Adobe Reader, but when I try to print to PDF, it's not working. I added a fake printer by following the instructions in the link below and was able to reach the system dialog for printing, but when I try to save the PDF, Adobe gives an error.

https://faq.maplesoft.com/s/article/Why-can-I-not-Print-to-PDF-on-my-Mac?language=en_US

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Print multiple pages on one sheet by shifting the contents 1 by 3 to the left side of the paper.

Leave it to the developer

Print multiple pages on one sheet by moving the contents to the left side of the paper.
    In the case of custom prints, 3 horizontally and 1 vertically.
    So that the left side of the paper has custom printed content 1 by 3 and the right side of the paper has space for writing after printing 1/3 of the printable paper width.

Nowadays, Adobe Acrobat can print multiple pages on one sheet of paper, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is both a bug and feature request (after meeting with an Adobe Support team member):

This is feedback from an Intellectual Property practice group, which requires very specific Adobe specs for filing patent applications at the USPTO.

BUG: when saving JobOptions, our settings tend to get wiped sporadically. We need our JobOptions to stick and have the ability to push them out to everyone in our law firm

FEATURE REQUEST: from Microsoft Word, printing to PDF image directly would be very helpful. The two-step process to save to PDF and then print to image does not work for all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I dare anyone to click on the printer icon once pdf is opened in chrome tab and successfully print. Go ahead, I dare you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When printing screen shots to Adobe Pro currently you can only print one screen shot at a time. The user must save that document individually. When printing multiple screen shots (50+) that need to be combined into one PDF document saving these screens individually and then combining is time consuming. PDF creator has a feature that allows the user to 'wait and collect' multiple screen shots from various databases/ systems/ websites and save it one time as one document. Eliminated duplication of work and streamlining the printing process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Combine jpegs into a pdf. When you want to print the pdf, have an option to print the jpeg names on the relevant image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After the latest version upgrade (2022.001.20142), A3 / B4 printing will be an error with DocuColor manufactured by Fuji Xerox Business Innovation Co., Ltd.

When I contacted support, Fujifilm couldn't handle it, so I had to wait for the Acrobat version upgrade.

While it is not available, I print it with a tool called Drot Utility.

In September of last year, we had to wait for the version upgrade due to a similar phenomenon.

If you post here, it may be possible to respond, so I will post it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This error has happened before but then goes away after an Adobe update. I am using macOS ver 12.5. I have been using Adobe Acrobat for over 30 years,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use DC for printing mail labels on a label printer but have to select that printer, when I need it, every time from the drop down menu. This is a bit of a chore.
    It would be nice to set the default printer for Acrobat seperately from the system default printer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I connect my two offices with gotomypc. my home office has Acrobat DC version 2022.002.20191.

When I attempt to print to my remote printer It is printing blank pages with the message "the document could not be printed" then an error occurred while printing the document"

not sure who is at fault here, but I have been using this for several years with no prior issues.

any suggestions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am using MacOS Big Sur 11.6 and Acrobat Acrobat version 2021.007.20099.

The attached "Ful Score" PDF is displayed properly on the screen by Acrobat, but Acrobat prints it badly. I also included two screenshots, a *.png of Acrobat's display of the PDF (which looks OK) and a pdf produced by scanning a physical printout of that same PDF printed by Acrobat, which shows that Acrobat prints the file really badly.

The PDF was produced by Sibelius. I might say Sibelius was at fault for producing a bad PDF (probably with layers, but I'm not sure of the internals), except…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. User has a Citrix virtual desktop with a USB HP printer connected to a Thin Client, and redirected into the Citrix desktop using the Citrix Universal Printer.
    Prior to this version, opening a PDF and printing to that redirected printer presented no problem. On this most recent version it does with a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page.
    Ideally I'd like to get my hands on 20.005.20058 to verify this, but I cannot find the full download now. I have however installed an older version 15.*** and this prints just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The update from 30.06.2022 for Acrobat Reader DC caused problems yet again. On Windwos 10, 64-bit.

I can't print with my printer PDFs without rim with Acrobat. And also i can't print A3 paper. Now i can only print A4, and with rim.

I had this problems also a few months ago. Also after a Acrobat update.
    But at this time i didn't need my printer and sometime after the problem it resolved itself. Maybe with a another update.

But now i need my printer and i have to print without rim on A3. But since this update i can't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?