Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Can you please find a way to retain security settings after an update of Acrobat. It is very annoying(and unsecure) after automatic updates to find that you have been printing unsecured documents because an update removed your previous security settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Last update requires user to press any keys in password field so pasting password is not working. This leads to using worse, shorter passwords so decreases security. Passwords for signatures is really not the place you should prevent pasting passwords.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am converting PS files to fillable PDF forms with an Action Wizard workflow that would run without interruption but recently, I have been getting security prompts telling me that the documents are not safe and adding the path of the documents, folders, or fileshare root does not skip the prompt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, by default Acrobat (Reader, Standard and Pro) try to validate digital signatures with NONCE extension enabled, if it fails it reverts to CRL download. Since NONCE extension is not mandatory (regardless of being a best practice and better and secure way of validation - example: preventing replay attacks), many suppliers for several reasons cannot use it. My suggestion to make the application aligned with RFC and able to handle with all digital certificate suppliers would be to also check OCSP without the NONCE extension enabled.

1st - Check OCSP with NONCE extension enabled;
    -> new 2nd - check OCSP…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many people in my organization were excited to hear about the "Send for Review" feature and eager to try it out. However, it doesn't work with protected documents, and it's critically important that we restrict printing for proofs that we send out.

We're not able to use this otherwise amazing feature without additional security options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After marking a 'Text and Images' redaction to a page and repeating across pages. Once you press apply it says its done, i'm skipping the removal of hidden info. Once I press save its saying there are sections which have not yet had the redaction applied? I can continually press apply and nothing seems to change. Once I close the document and save without applying redactions the program will crash but the file will still have saved a file that has the redacted info gone but not the style of redaction mark that was originally selected, the correct redaction style…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Well i believe that a entrance into a Private Property Privacy without proper Documentation It is a hazard towards the a business by it's unlisted list Which The proper way to explain the errors Should recorded proper

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Old Adobe allowed for Certificate Signatures from CAC Card. This is a must have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I digitally sign a lot of invoices. I'm not filling in a field, just creating a box that fills with my digital signature. It used to take me a couple of clicks in the old version. Now I have to do Tools, certificates, select the signature, click on a box and a button... And then the next time I open a PDF I have to go through the whole thing again, because the tool bar config is not saved. This is a huge waste of time and I'm VERY dissatisfied with this release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Since Adobe Pro is asking for a password for every document we try to edit or combine. Appears same happened last year when a new version was released. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2452664

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi. I'm using Adobe Acrobat for preparing emails for legal purposes. One of the challenges I have is organising emails choronologically, especially when there are duplicate emails.

So that I don't have to change file in any way, I am using the Redaction feature instead of any Edit tools; I also find it more convenient. Using the Redaction Marking Tool as a Highlighter (having Opacity at 13%), I Highlight emails within a thread which are duplicates.

My Overlay Text is read, "Duplicate Email", and unless I print it for others, I do not apply the final Redaction which is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe AATL contains the certificate of Certum Digital Identification CA SHA2 (Serial: 66 DA EF 03 DB 84 61 91 6B 25 BA 83 FB 17 4E 13)

However, due to an error in the policy constraint of the CA certificate, all certificates issued by this certificate is not valid.

The current Certificate policies contain: 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11
    However, all end entity certificates contain: (either) 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.12 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.13 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.14

The three missed policy constraint created the error of
    "Invalid Policy Constraint"

This error was initially reported by myself on May 24th, 2018 at Twitter direct message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I secure a document to prevent it from being exported, then anyone I share the document with is unable to print it. I cannot separate printing from preventing export of the document as part of security.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Will Adobe offer notaries the capability of E notarizing documents

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It took me several days to find where one can remove a "to do" message to sign a document that popped up on the acrobat document list. It was over a year old and not important or wanted. It is not obvious what one should do to manage the message to deal with it or make it go away.

I did figure out how, but it is not documented to well. nor could I find any mention in the help system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please break out all the current change options to allow more than one option be enabled under password protection. Really have a need to be able to have two of the four options (e.g., insert, delete, comment, fill and sign) available. What would be really nice is if we could select the Tools that are not available under password security and in any configuration. Your consideration would be so very appreciated!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A protected PDF can be easily unlocked by free online services. There is no protection for the company who buy this product because they are sensitive with the documents they create.
    If you think to a catalogue everyone of your competitor can copy your images and everything in few seconds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe pdf is asking for a password what password?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a very strange bug in Adobe's XML Data Signatures support. If the target of a manifest includes an "Id" element, the correct transform will not run.

<Reference URI="#410">
        <Transforms>
            <Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#WithComments"/>
        </Transforms>
        <DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
        <DigestValue>6LIx9NZKzbyFXC+qOW/n9bo0RS8=</DigestValue>
    </Reference>

If I remove the Id attribute from the Data DOM, it works

<Reference URI="">
        <Transforms>
            <Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xmldsig-filter2">
                <XPath Filter="intersect" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xmldsig-filter2" xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">here()/ancestor::dsig:Signature[1]/../../RBM[1]//. | 
    here()/ancestor::dsig:Signature[1]/../../RBM[1]//@* | 
    here()/ancestor::dsig:Signature[1]/../../RBM[1]//namespace::*</XPath>
            </Transform>
            <Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#WithComments"/>
        </Transforms>
        <DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
        <DigestValue>...</DigestValue>
    </Reference>

<signData target="ballot_stub" ref="$data.signatures">
         <manifest>
                <ref>$data.RBM</ref>
         </manifest>
    </signData>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. a DOCUMENT HAS PASSWORD NOW, BUT i NEVER GAVE IT A PASSWORD. hOW DO i GET IT OFF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?