Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Cloud based digital IDs are getting common, convenience (applicable for use between different devices), cheaper and my desire feature - 2 factor OTP (One-Time Password). Why Acrobat Pro DC does not allows cloud based digital IDs? I don't feel there's a competition to Adobe Sign if this is included. More importantly, tag line for Acrobat is "complete PDF solution", it will be ridiculous to switch between 2 Adobe software just for signing with cloud based digital ID.

P.S.: Took me quite a while to realize the difference between token/certificate digital ID and cloud based digital ID. My effort was wasted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When user attempts to sign a pdf document, a box usually populates requesting id verification, but instead a black screen engulfs the entire screen and remains there for some time. Not able to sign document with certificates. An urgent response is greatly appreciated!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Good day!

I have signed some test pdf document with a digital signature.

As you can see on a picture the document is totally protected from any modification.

Now I go to a signature panel and rightclick my signature.

There is a Clear Signature option, which do what it says - deletes my signature and make document editable again.

I understand the concept of signature. It is not a method to protect your data, it only can guarantee that content was not altered.

But never the less:

1. Adobe states in its documentation that you need a private key to unsign…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can copy text when it should not be possible. I just have to highlight the text. This is a big security issue and you should solve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Adobe XI we were able to sign things without creating an account and a digital ID. It just brought up a box that could be drawn in, aka the Ink Signature.

Adobe DC needs a way to use the Ink Signature without creating an account every time. Our workflow demands that hundreds of people sign documents, and every person who comes in should not have to create an account to sign a simple form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We are encrypting documents all the time.

It would be amazing if there was a keyboard shortcut to encrypt a document (with password option).

Fingerprint log in option is more used nowadays, May I open all my files with my fingerprint? It can be an integration between Adobe and Windows Hello. I could add several passwords for all the files but the unique - and swiftest - password could be my fingerprint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The automatic uploading, translating and downloading of PDF files in Adobe Acrobat DC from the user’s machine to Adobe’s cloud service needs to be turned off. On first use, a pop-up needs to ask the user if they would like this feature, and to use it moving forward if they’d like. Using the Acrobat Customization Wizard DC to turn this feature off is too time consuming and confusing. The idea that Adobe thinks the user is ok with uploading, translating and downloading sensitive PDF files from their machine to the Adobe cloud is dangerous to any company’s security.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. E a g g s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i require a digital signature for my canada visa

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple components of the Acrobat suite are writing to various sub-directories of Program Files (Adobe, Common Files\Adobe) as a user-mode process. In some cases, this is accommodated by modification to the default ACL model of the directories to allow the process to perform these writes, or it is relying on the UAC VirtualStore to re-direct the writes to a per-user location.

This is not the security model of Windows and these types of writes should either be going to the user's profile or \programdata\ when the permissions model supports this behavior natively. Having user-mode processes write to Program Files causes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In our company we are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2018.009.20044. We want to set the iProtectedView registry setting to increase security of our system, however, we found out that the value name has a trailing whitespace: "iProtectedView ". Is this an Acrobat DC issue, that the value name was misspelled? Does it exist also without the whitespace in other versions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using DC Pro and my quick tool button for encryption does not work mostly, and is sporadic at best. i open the file select the security icon on the quick tools and if it allows me to use it, it is fine. most of the time,i will select the icon and the #2 selection and then nothing happens, no further pop up screen. I go back in to select the icon and the features are greyed out, forcing me to go the long way around to add the password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rather than restricting the entire document with a password, for documents published to large audiences but only some need to see specific details, allow a blurred box to be included on sections of a document that can be removed if someone enters the password specifically in that section while reviewing the document.

This would be page-specific security, not document level security. Useful on large reports that cover many areas that are distributed on different level of an organization.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a pdf document, password protected, works fine. Password is fine, document opens on my desktop mac or any operating system. However, when I upload the document to our website: japanstudy.earlham.edu (Enrollment Procedures - 2018-19 Handbook), I receive this error message. Attached is the screenshot of the error. I cannot fix this, no matter if I change the password or try a variety of settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do i remove the security so i can edit docs. it says i need a password ??? what's that??? I'm so frustrated this is the most non user friendly system ever for beginners!!!!!!!!! i hate it but i need the capabilities it offers!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why cant I change the signature now?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The feature "Restrict editing/copying" under Permissions not working when allowing printing. This is a problem as I need to send documents where people can read/print them but shouldn't be able to copy/edit the text to protect our intelectual property as much as possible.
    I have worked with the Adobe support team and they have acknowledged the bug and asked me to detail it here. Please include a fix in your next release, thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's a constant waste of my time to click 'enable' to print. If I click print, I just want the GD thing to print - this is a waste of my time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Client Side Request Injection

1 vote

We're glad you're here