Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1534 results found

1. All menus should stay at the TOP out of the way, not all over the sides eating up my document real-estate. And now there's a FLOATING MENU RIGHT ON TOP OF MY DOCUMENT that I cannot get rid of. A moderator commented - Choose Help/Check for Updates, and update your acrobat and that floating menu will be docked again. But it says NO UPDATE AVAILABLE.

PLEASE leave the user interface CONFIGURABLE so we can set it up the way we need.

I long for the old days when the Acrobat interface was open and simple... instead of trying to cram…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. in previous version of Acrobat, you could set a Preference/General to open files in separate windows. This is not available in our current version per Adobe support.
    Cannot go back to older version as this is a municipal account.
    Please add this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AI assistant text box doesn't allow you to type (fully) if you have hotkeys enabled (it only types in the letters that aren't acrobat hotkeys). I end up having to type it in a word processor and then having to copy and paste in the box. This is very inconvenient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need an option to compare specific areas of two files.

It is often the case that we have certain information in the two files which are known to change and we don't care about. We need to filter these out.

We are only looking for changes in a certain area so the ability to change this search area would be extremely useful and with the added benefit that it would speed up the process too as not all of the files need to be compared.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello
    The UI has just been updated under Windows (2024-01-18), which I like so far.
    But what has remained the same is the settings window.
    I have now counted over 320 (!!!) individual setting options in all categories.
    What do you think, does this contribute to user-friendliness?
    I think certainly not.
    The other day I finally dug through all the options to see what else would make sense to set.
    I was extremely busy for many hours.
    And I think a lot of things could be simplified and left out or implemented in a more user-friendly way.
    Or perhaps an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This app is ridiculously dumb and overly complicated. Look at the webapps on the internet. Do you even have designers? Although I understand, you are a very small company with no profits and composed of -5 employees.

You have the worst UI for a company that focuses on "design" :> hilarious. your designers should try stand-up comedy.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please stop having popup windows when I open Acrobat. If I just opened a file, it is because I am working. The popup is very irritating. I understand that you are trying to tell me about a feature, but the timing is horrible. There is a notification bell - please use that for announcing features.

Also, it shakes my trust in Adobe to have to go through so much effort to give feedback. The account creation process is absurd. I understand that you have to accommodate the bad actors in the world, but the burden can't be just transferred to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. STOP...

For hecks sake... what bright spark decided to change to everything on the user screen in Acrobat . Talk about pulling up a workflow with this sort of change! Do you realise what this does to entire organisations. I should be billing you for lost productivity due to this rubbish.

There are things everywhere. Left Right, a fixed panel on the left I can't seem to get rid of and all this right in the middle of a major multi million dollar event planning and roll out.

At least when you bought software outright you knew when you sat…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Adobe Acrobat Pro original UI Plugins are placed at the top making it easy to access. In the new UI released a couple of weeks ago, Plugins are buried in the settings menu making them very cumbersome to use. Please move the Plugins back to the top bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The scale of the ruler is wrong. When I open an A4 PDF, the scale shows a width of nealy 230 mm. The grid (which is activated by Ctrl-U) is correct, but not as useful as the ruler.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The switch of the panels n the new version are very difficult to use and counter to the direction in which one reads. It is much more intuitive and natural to read (and click) tabbed sections of a document on the left then continue reading to the document. This was a silly and unproductive change. We should at least be able to change the sides of the panels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you configure the bAcroSuppressUpsell policy (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockDown.html#idkeyname_1_11881) to 1, all access to tools disappear in the 'All tools' menu when using the Modern viewer , although some of them must not be affected by the policy and are visible when switching to the classic viewer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Every time when I use the tools sidebar I get an undesired and annoying pop-up reminding me to check out e-sign tools. I use e-signing occasionally and don't need to be reminded about e-sign tools. I pay premium price for a product and don't need unsolicited advertisement for e-sign tools. Please remove this pop-up from the product or inform me at least how I can do it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I had been working on multiple PDF files that I had opened via email and via my computer's file explorer and then as I was attempting to open another file via the home tab in the top left, the application said something about maintenance being complete and then forcing me to restart my Adobe session without being able to view or save the documents I had open at the time. Then when I did close Acrobat, and attempted to open the files I had open, it froze and I had to restart my computer 2 times before it worked properly…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We would like to be able to modify the Menu drop-down options so the iManage buttons are not buried as a sub-menu under Plugins. Creating a specific iManage option under Menu or a separate tab would both work. We just need to make these menu items more visible for the users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On all previous versions, the full filename was visible in the header, including whether the doc was secured or not. Now it is truncated in a little tab. I need to be able to view the full filename at a glance, especially to quickly be able to see when documents are (SECURED), which is now hidden.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When opening a pdf file for first time and try to do some operations (like scrolling, highlight, marking or save other type etc), the software freezes for like 30s to a minute.. and the works fine. (it is not crashing). Thereafter even after opening multiple files an doing any changes, works smoother. But once I close the adobe acrobat completely, and then open a pdf file, then this problem repeats. I had tested it for past 1 month and this appears. Please resolve this issue. It is really ******* off!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a PDF document created from a Latex file, rendered via xelatex/MikTex. The document contains several section bookmarks as well as internal hyperlinks (hyperref package) to some of those bookmarks.

When I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader (on Windows 10, Vers 2023.008.20458) and i click on one of those hyperlinks, Acrobat crashes instantly. However if I click on one of the bookmarks (regardless if linked or not) in the "Bookmarks"-sidepanel (acrobat scrolls to the bookmark then) and AFTER THAT scroll back and click on the same hyperlink, it works without issues.

Opening the same PDF in Firefox or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I HATE this new acrobat!!! It is not user friendly at all. I just want my editing tools to be visible and the other things hidden unless I need them. I will continue to actively find ways to disable this new view. It is aparant that the engineers who decided on this new view do not actually use the edit tools very often. As an educator, I use them ALL THE TIME!!!
    GRRRRRRRR....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I cannot use the new mode. I cannot find the updater. I had to reinstall Adobe Reader. The new mode is intolerably difficult to use and needs a rocket scientist to find anything.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?