Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Shadows disappear on Windows 10 explorer windows

Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r

2. Run: sysdm.cpl

3. Advanced

4. on Performance -> Settings

5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recent documents keep disappearing

Links to my recent documents keep disappearing from the Recent list. The message says: "There aren't any recent files". Acrobat is currently up to date on my Windows 10 laptop. This is happening sporadically, with recent docs appearing as expected for some time, then vanishing without explanation, sometimes while I'm looking at the list Acrobat Pro DC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Starred Files disappear bug

My starred files disappear; this is the 2nd or 3rd time it has happened.

Frustrated, so I updated to release 2020.009.20067.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. f2

Please change F2 functionality back to Rename, the same as most other Windows programs.

Use Ctrl+F2 or Ctrl+F1 to launch Adobe User Guide

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG Report: Cannot Remove Share Button

I've found some various post on how to remove the Share Button from the Tool Bar, but those menu option are not in my (new) Acrobat Por 2020. So I'm assuming it is a BUG that they have disappeared with the latest version that I happened to recently download.

The waste of space with this unnecessary button is pretty excessive. Please fix this BUG ASAP so I can load my needed icons.

And so far I've not seen anything all that impressive with the latest version. So If this Share Button BUG cannot be resolved, I may be requesting a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. zooming and scrolling

How about rolling the mouse wheel to zoom in/out and hold down either left/right button to scroll a document.

Currently DC is set up very unconvenient. I have select zoom and then scroll and then zoom and then scroll as I progress down a documents. It just break the flow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to use file name instead of TITLE in the Adobe Acrobat Reader

It is difficult to figure out which file is which when viewing multiple files with the same TITLE. The person using the reader is powerless to change the title.

PLEASE provide a global preference / setting in the Reader,preferences to have the Reader use the file name all the time.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  64 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Toolbars not drawn properly on macOS Big Sur Dev Beta

The toolbars in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC are not rendered at all when initially launching the app in macOS Big Sur Dev Beta 2. Resizing the window (including entering full screen) causes the bars to redraw correctly. Also reporting this to Apple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the UI so it is not stupid

The UI for Acrobat Pro DC is absolutely horrible and non-intuitive. It actually takes me longer to do everything because I have to click into multiple areas on the screen instead of just the sidebar (e.g., to recognize text, I now have to mouse into the side bar, then move to the upper bar).

That also assumes I can find where the feature/tool now resides. I have to constantly search for it.

The Save As dialog breaks Windows user training and muscle memory because the big blue button is not “Save” or “okay” as expected. It is “Choose a Different…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Return the Acrobat interface to something professional

Return the Acrobat interface to something professional, similar to InDesign, Photoshop, etc, instead of the childish and dysfunctional mess.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow resizing of side panel (tab order, etc.)

Please allow resizing/expansion of the side panel used for formatting and tab order, etc. There is a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom, but if you have longer field names, it is inconvenient to have to scroll back and forth. For those with wider monitors, this should be expandable horizontally or a pop-out window that is expandable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. its fatly becoming the worst pdf reader... compliments

no ease. slow. useless, unclear, ugly, bad organized UI

slow. slow. slow

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Recent files, don't actually show the most recent file

Recent files list don't actually show the most recent file. I think files opened from email or API don't show in the ist ... MIA.

There have been many good ideas requested by other users but you mark them as "Resolved" instead of "Rejected". Just pointing to a style guide or help page that is incorrect is not solving anybodies problem.

We will keep creating new requests for these missing features and bugs until you listen and REALLY FIX them. Often they seem quiet trivial but are great time savers for some users. Please leave them as "Unresolved" unless you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why did Acrobat change the UI to this simplistic, childish design? Terrible, slower to use.

Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reduce Icon Size

Toolbar Icons are insanely large. Unable to modify or alter in any way (I've reviewed forums for info, and when I follow steps in "Preferences>General>Scale for screen resolution..." there are no options for me on any of my Windows 10 machines. It's like, cartoonishly large and very distracting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the issue that you are facing with the Acrobat Toolbar icons size.

Could you please check if this is the concern that you are facing only with the last update of Acrobat or is it something that you observe for quite some time previously as well ?

Also, could you please attach a snapshot of what exactly do you face the issue with for icons size ?

-Ayush Jain

16. new interface is terrible - please give option of classic view

I am a long time user of the creative suite and acrobat pro and have been intentionally not upgrading to DC because the interface is so aweful but now I have been forced to upgrade and I cannot stress how terrible it is. It's been around long enough for the feedback about how aweful it is to get back to you guys to fix the problem. Please fix it and add an option for classic view. It also looks an educational game for kindergarteners which I wouldn't even mind if it were easier to use. Please fix already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spell check

Given that this product will cost about $624 a year after I graduate, I feel the need to add a voice to some critical thoughts of how this will help me grow my business. One way will be to maybe incorporate some means of grammatical and spelling checker to the software. It has become increasingly hard to find programs that work together. Even though copying and pasting from separate programs, we run into the problems of something not being appropriately transferred or some punctuation not recognized. If I may make a recommendation, Grammarly, or Microsft word integration into the program…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I select 'Enable scrolling' in Acrobat, why not remember that between runs?

It's a bit repetitious to have to re-select View->Page display->Enable scrolling every time I open a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. remove all the tool icons and replace them with text only menus

I recently had to install Adobe Acrobat Pro and I would like to be able to remove the icons and replace them with text only menus. If I wanted to look at hieroglyphs I would tune in the Stargate series on MeTV.

Is there a way to change preferences or an add-on that will remove the box-of-crayons-colors icons and display text menus automatically? I don't use the application often enough to memorize the mouse-over texts. It's tiresome enough dealing with texter's shortcut abortions of the English language these days. I'd rather not have to play a game of Concentration when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add a setting for zoom wheel reverse.. Push should mean the part or doc on screen goes away from you… eg work goes away Pull the wheel towar

Add a setting for zoom wheel reverse.
    Push should mean the part or doc on screen goes away from you… eg work goes away
    Pull the wheel toward you … pulls the item / work towards you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base