Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to adjust width of Tools Pane by selecting the frame and moving it left or right. (Acrobat Standard DC 20.006.20034)

Most GUI based applications allow the end user to adjust width of a page by grabbing the frame and moving it left or right.

In my specific case, I am editing forms and the Tools pane shows the field names, which is nice, but I have to scroll the window to read the full names. There is a scroll bar on the bottom but this reduces the utility of the feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overhaul

Nothing in Acrobat DC feels natural or with a glimpse of intuitive. Adobe tends to override OS given interface interaction limiting it to its Adobe application which is by itself insanely unintuitive. I mean who drove you [the engineering team] to this Interface? Ugly, bloated and counterproductive, not to mention the lack of customization. But this is a path clearly visible in all Adobe applications. Either Adobe reduces its Applications to nearly zero (Lightroom = the *** Cloud version for Desktop) or bloating it until needlessness (Illustrator).
    It just creates anger and hate to the one that must accept working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need a new category for feedback on the Adobe Admin Centre

I can't find any option category to make feature suggestions specifically for the Adobe Admin Centre. Please create such a category so that items relating only to the Admin Centre can be logged there.

Many thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to search a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year

Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to use file name instead of TITLE in the Adobe Acrobat Reader

It is difficult to figure out which file is which when viewing multiple files with the same TITLE. The person using the reader is powerless to change the title.

PLEASE provide a global preference / setting in the Reader,preferences to have the Reader use the file name all the time.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make it easier to customize which tools I see on my desktop, and where they are located

I have customized the Quick Tools bar, but it only appears to the right of the other tools in one ribbon, therefore there isn't enough room for all of the custom tools to appear all the time. I am constantly having to hit the three dots to get to my most frequently used toold. I don't appear to have a way to move my quick toolbar below the other one, or to the right of the screen.

Also, I thought there was a way to customize which tools I saw to the right of the document window. I remember dragging…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change format of Highlight Current Bookmark feature

The "Highlight Current Bookmark" option currently makes the outline of the bookmark icon a little darker or bolder, but I can barely tell the difference to see which is highlighted. Could the "highlighting" be changed somehow to make it stand out a little more? Maybe the fill color for icon of the current bookmark could be a different color or darker shade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. out of memory or drawing error

Acrobat file crashes frequently. It is a large file (35MB) and have tried to reduce it but that function doubles it! It sometimes says 'out of memory', sometimes 'drawing error', before crashing. I have spent the whole day trying all the fixes I could find on the various forums but nothing has worked. It has been very frustrating. I have attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Track-pad two-finger Horizontal Scrolling

Enable users to scroll horizontally using two-finger track-pad gestures along the x-axis, similar to vertical scrolling along the y-axis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to Hide Bookmarks Panel for all PDFs

Using: Acrobat Pro DC

Request: Ability to set a global setting that hides the bookmarks panel whenever a new PDF is opened, as opposed to having to navigate to the initial view settings for each file and then save it.

Reason: I open a lot of PDF files from emails, as I'm sure thousands of other people do, with no intention of saving it in that instance. Or files from the internet, again with no intention of saving it. This is to VIEW the file and find content relevant to the task in hand. Having the bookmarks panel occupy a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug - Portfolio Opens in Small Window

Acrobat DC Standard 2015 updated to v2015.006.30505. Following this update, portfolio files open in a very small window regardless of the size of the Acrobat window. Have to resize window every time a portfolio is opened in order to view it. Problem only affects portfolio files, regular pdf's are not impacted.
    Portfolio properties are not set to Resize to Initial View.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom Percentage field/tool is missing from toolbar.

In Acrobat DC, when viewing in untabbed mode, the part of the toolbar that shows the current zoom level and allows the user to type in the desired zoom percentage is missing. It appears on the floating/vanishing toolbar when page controls are moved out of toolbar, but not on the main toolbar.

Please add this feature back to the toolbar. Using tabbed viewing is NOT a solution. This should have never been removed in the first place. Let me repeat, having to use tabbed viewing is NOT a solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New update has glitches with split screen

After latest update, when creating a PDF, the program switches screens. I have split screens for a reason. I want Adobe to STAY on the screen I have it on. Very annoying. This did not happen before the update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page Thumbnails Is too big

It would be nice to be able to change size of the Page Thumbnails to icon size. Currently it is too big.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the three dots

by clicking three dots (...), a drop-down menu appears which is the closest thing I can achieve to my beloved custom tools that always appeared in the interface, in the order that I selected, and sometimes adjusted. Once something has been done, instead of dropping down the tools, clicking the three dots seems to repeat the most recent action, resulting in unwanted zooming. If you've got the three dots program to repeat the last action, please add an option to stop it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. pan tool changes to selection tool randomly after panning mk2, this shouldn't have been declined.

Pan tool is converting to the selection tool after I pan a sheet. I have pan selected; and am panning over images.

Bump and agreed. The software juggling between pan and select is the most irritating feature I have ever experienced in all adobe products I have ever used. This shouldn't be considered a feature. Anyone who ever uses this has the knowledge to click the select tool before selecting stuff. When you have to browse through dozens of construction plans with comments and the whole bit that can amount to millions of dollars in liability if done wrong, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. rotation when double clicking

When I open a PDF and then double click on the page, all pages rotate 90Deg. Why that and how to stop it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Restore choice of default view opening pdf for first time (e.g., 2-up cont. scroll)

Acrobat DC is better than 11.x in many ways, but one lost feature is the ability to default opening documents viewed for the first time with 2-up continuous view (or other choices). Downloading pdfs from many sources, pdfs may be single page, single page scroll, etc, with bookmarks or menus open or closed. Acro11 actually worked when setting this default to 2-up. In DC preferences/page display/default layout & zoom, setting to 2-up has ZERO effect on documents opened for the first time. They open in the default of the provider. Please make this function WORK, as it did in v11.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix settings for page displays on the side bar..

Each time I open a new doc, I have to click on the left side bar, then click on the pages to show them. My old version saved these settings and any new doc opened the pages would show.

Why did the UI designers complicate things- aesthetically things Look good, but functionality is awful! Please consult with actual users before implementing these ridiculous changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base