Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1534 results found

1. I want the comment tools to remain as a toolbar. At present it goes away every time I close a document, and I have to bring it back every time I open a new document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I DESPERATELY want a user preference that inhibits automatically opening the left side toolbar. I've seen a couple of other comments on the same topic where an Adobe engineer claims that F8 turns off the menu. News Flash: F8 does nothing in my Acrobat Reader AND I ALWAYS want the left-side tools menu hidden, unless summoned. I<b> READ</b> PDFs with Acrobat <b>Reader</b>, I don't need or want to see editing tools. So far (after YEARS of use) I haven't needed to redact, highlight, or annotate (comment), but I can see those capabilities as being potentially valuable when needed, though RARELY.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. First of all: great new clean look of Acrobat interface, I really like it. finally I can put my long desired "save as..." button in the toolbar, crazy it is not there by default but I can live with that.

Now why are the above elements not editable? For example the most used tools as the black arrow and the hand tool are hidden both under the arrow tool. It's one click extra again every time I like to switch from the one tool to the other. Like in other Adobe applications, please make that toolbar fully editable so we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The rubbish message bar that appears under the already wasteful 2 menu bars when there is a limitation or error CAN NOT BE CLOSED.

This specific error bar can't be hidden by clicking the red cross, and I only have two options in the drop menu - both to enable javascript - that I DO NOT WANT.

Per all my other comments adobe's hideous reader interface:
    a) LET ME GET RID OF THE MESSAGE, javascript on or off.
    b) STOP wasting screen space
    c) LE ME GET RID OF ALL THE CLUTTER YOU ADD TO THE PAGE. IT DOES NOT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AI assistant text box doesn't allow you to type (fully) if you have hotkeys enabled (it only types in the letters that aren't acrobat hotkeys). I end up having to type it in a word processor and then having to copy and paste in the box. This is very inconvenient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need an option to compare specific areas of two files.

It is often the case that we have certain information in the two files which are known to change and we don't care about. We need to filter these out.

We are only looking for changes in a certain area so the ability to change this search area would be extremely useful and with the added benefit that it would speed up the process too as not all of the files need to be compared.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I HATE this new acrobat!!! It is not user friendly at all. I just want my editing tools to be visible and the other things hidden unless I need them. I will continue to actively find ways to disable this new view. It is aparant that the engineers who decided on this new view do not actually use the edit tools very often. As an educator, I use them ALL THE TIME!!!
    GRRRRRRRR....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why would you maximize all the slide outs and menus when you open a PDF? I open these to READ THEM! Instead I get an image the size of a Post-It note and every possible menu and slide out taking up 75% of the screen space.

Please maximize the size of the PDF when you open it and have every menu and slide out closed. I open documents so I can read them 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time I can open a menu or slide out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2/8/2024 running Windows 11 Home, for two days in a row, Acrobat won't open when I click on it. I have to reboot my Dell and it will work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new update is terrible for adding text fields to documents. When add text is selected, the edit mode is still on which greatly impedes functionality. It takes me 10x as long to add text to a document now, I want the old Adobe back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While using Adobe Acrobat, the user interface unexpectedly changes, adopting the appearance of Windows Vista's style. This issue persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Steps to Reproduce:

Open Adobe Acrobat.
    Navigate through various app functions (e.g., opening a PDF, using editing tools, etc.).
    open file explorer the user interface unexpectedly changes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some keyboard inputs are deleted when searching whilst autoscroll is enabled. Makes searching infuriating.

Enable auto scroll on a document
    Open the search box to search for text in the document
    Start typing in the search box
    As you type you will find some characters are not displayed in the search field

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I used to print details of the pages, and to do so I used the "Capture" button. Now that button has disappeared and I can't edit the buttons bar to add it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we not have a working icon to be able to save a file? And that pop-up window which shows recently used file saved locations can be awfully slow - can take 20+ seconds to display anything on occasions, but usually at least 10 seconds. Dreadfully slow process. On occasions it may even not function at all, stalled spinning wheel or no spinning wheel at all,

Acrobat DC is just sooo terribly terribly slow compared to the old installed versions of reader that used to exist... I still use Reader 4 on an 25 year old machine and it works…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When extracting multiple pages as files, Acrobat presents an old and cumbersome dialogue to select the folder in which to save the extracted files. This dialogue is difficult to navigate through. Why not simply use the standard Windows File Explorer? In addition to being hard to find one's way around, the dialogue always defaults to the top level of the directory, whereas the File Explorer defaults either to the last location used or the location of the source file, and normally, I can choose between these default options. Finally, this dialog provides no opportunity to name the extracted page files…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Whenever I move a mouse while in Read Mode, a floating navigation bar gets displayed near the bottom of the page obstructing the text. There is no way to get rid of it. Yes, clicking the last icon in that bar makes it disappear, but it also causes leaving the Read Mode and displaying huge useless side bars.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I need the Adobe Reader window to be fully adjustable to fit around my various open programs. The latest update forces a minimum height, and the toolbars are not moveable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I recreate a new post instead commenting last one, just to make sure it was taken as important it’s supposed to be, as a critical issue!
 Hoping you could create another hot fix for this major problem. 
We are now on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 and Acrobat Pro version 2023.008.20458. 

1: when we use Text tool and select a text to modify all the page became white and we cannot see anything.
    2:There is also another problem when we scroll the pages, everything become white also.
    3: We are no longer even able to check the preflight result, blank pages…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. App keeps crashing please sort this out!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?