Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the issue that you are facing here .

1) Could you please tell me the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat using Help → Check for updates.
    3) Is this consistent for you on every Acrobat session ?
    4) Could you please confirm me your windows Os version number and the screen scaling value that you are working with ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

2. FILL AND SIGN FREEZING

Fill and sign has recently started freezing the whole application. Gets worse when adding text in the fill and sign tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Can you please provide the following details :

1. Does the app freezes when you try Fill and Sign with all PDF files or specific PDF files. If possible can you please share a sample PDF.
    2. Did you try using Comments/Edit after opening the PDF?
    3. Once the application freezes, open task manager and go to Acrobat.exe process, right click and create a process dump. Kindly share that with us.

Regards,
    Sandeep

3. Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat DC freezes MacOS 10.12.6

I cannot upgrade to a newer OS to see if this corrects my problem. Company IT controlled MacBook, licensed to use Creative Cloud. Acrobat DC is having issues opening simple low to medium resolution PDFs. Will just spin and not respond. Have to force quit and relaunch. I can't pinpoint the cause - happens if I have one file open or 10, happens if I add a comment or click on one, happens if I do nothing and just have a file open while working in other programs. I can't tell if it's because our company's system is Microsoft-based and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug Report: Latest version of Acrobat: Insufficient data.

I have a bug that has been replicated on two separate Mac computers, with the same results, which do not exist on PC.

To replicate the bug, start editing the pdf, use the Edit and the Fill and sign. Add a medium to large image and just use it for a while.

Eventually the program will crash with the error report "Insufficient data for image" or something to that effect. I will send the video, and this has been replicated on two different machine with two different accounts and I also use this on my Windows laptop and it's exclusive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text

My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

8. Unable to sign out, unable to find sign out for Acrobat DC

There is no sign out of acrobat DC on the menu bar or in the drop down items.

Please add one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    You can find the sign-Out button on the right most end of the Tab Bar in Acrobat by clicking on the Image icon for your account.
    Alternatively, you can find the sign out button under Help → Sign out.

Let me know if that still doesnt solve your concerns ?

-Ayush

9. Auto retention of hyperlinks from an excel do to a PDF

hello,
    I would like to make PDF docs from excel docs that contain hyperlinks in which the hyperlinks are automatically maintained within the PDF instead of having to manually add then back in after making the PDF.
    thank you, Jason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acrobat DC compile files into single PDF, Illustrator files grayed out

In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

11. Spellcheck

Could you please make a spellcheck a feature!

We review PDF's frequently and I would love the ability to easily highlight spelling errors and send the file back to the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I have forwarded the request to the higher management. Currently we don’t have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will implement it in future release.
    Meanwhile to see spelling errors, open Edit PDF and click on inside each bounding box one by one to see if there is any error in each paragraph.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Ability to search a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year

Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't make PDF from .tif file BUG REPORT

I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pro DC intermittent crash when scrolling, recognizing text, editing, etc

Acrobat Pro DC crashes intermittently at various points during my use of the program. I use it all day long at work, to review claim documents and invoices, and I have to run recognize text, highlight/edit things, and move throughout legal documents by scrolling or searching. It crashes when I try to do literally anything but not every single time. Whenever it crashes, it shows me the crash window twice (window comes up, I click close, it lags and closes the message box, then brings it back up-- every single time, I get the crash notice twice per crash, losing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat.
    Could you please share the Crash dump when Acrobat crashes.

Steps to collect the crash dump :

When Acrobat crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”)
    1. Open Windows Task Manager
    2. Got To Processes, there you can see a process “Adobe Acrobat DC” / Acrobat.exe
    3. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    4. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    5. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us.

We will try to analyze your issue on once you share this information with us.

Regards,
    Arvind

16. White Margins

When converting, printing, or saving a document to PDF, Adobe Acrobat creates "white margins" on each conversion. To remove the extra margins you have to follow these steps for every document:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat

2. Select More Tools

3. Select Print Production

4. Select Set Page Boxes

5. Check Remove White Margins

This will remove the white margins created by Adobe and use the margins of the original document. I'm told from Adobe Support there isn't a way to permanently set a user preference to prevent adding white margins. Please enable this function as it is currently a pain to have to change…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create multiple pdfs crashes

Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10 (latest). after creating about 20 pdfs it catches out simply closing acrobat. Have same problem on multiple PCs. Has been happening for 6 months or so. Before that I could create 100s without a problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. We are aware of a similar issue with OneDrive files and are working on fixing it.
    Can you check if you can convert Office files kept in OneDrive by right-click menu and the PDF gets created. Does the Office app remain open or does it get closed?

Thanks
    Tanvi

18. tag

I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. STOP THE SHARE FILES WITH OTHERS POPOP

Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Convert html to pdf on Mac

Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base