Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clean recent files list

I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Floating tool bar

How do I set my preferences so that the floating, transparent, toolbar at the bottom of my page NEVER shows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    I would like to let you know that kindly update to latest available version of reader by doing a Help → Check for updates.

The Floating HUD toolbar will then be docked automatically into your Top toolbar.

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Ayush Jain

3. will not save or save as anything

if I open an existing PDF and make changes it will not save, if I create a new PDF it will not save. I have tried save, and save as neither work. and I need this to work for my job.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

Please add a magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    I would request you to kindly add the Loupe tool in your main toolbar. thats how you can do that

1) launch any pdf and right click on the main toolbar
    2) select “Show Select and zoom Tool” and click on “Loupe Tool”
    3) click on the loupe tool icon added to the toolbar and then click on any area in the pdf

Now you can see an enlarged view of a specific area in a pdf in a separate window

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

5. editing forms need live cycle????????

why do we pay for creative cloud and now can't edit a form to enter a simple date. when trying to edit a w9 form for instance, i am asked to use life cycle to do so and that requires an additional monthly subscriptions???????????????????? this is bad.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

You don’t need to edit the form to enter the date. Simply click on the field and start typing.

6. pdf forms exported as flat (non-editable) pdf files

I have designed forms that my staff complete & then we provide to external sources. I need these to export as a flat file & don't see how that could be accomplished other than export to MS Word & then to a pdf... kinda labor intensive!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fullscreen misbehaving, Mac

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Mac (OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6) or Acrobat (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2018.009.20044), but if i put Adobe Acrobat Pro is in fullscreen mode it will occasionally pop out of it and appear in the current view. I have not been able to recreate the issue in an accurate way, but I've mostly noticed it whilst chrome is loading pages in a new tab, but it's also happened with other programs like the finder. If I'm viewing another program in fullscreen mode when it happens Acrobat appears infront, blocking my view.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag and drop in Organize is broken

Whose stupid idea was it to make drag and drop also copy pages when in the organize pages tool? And then why doesn’t ctrl z undo that copy and reselect the pages? This is literally how everything else works.

But somehow a slight slip in this program means I need to close the file, don’t save and reselect 200 pages again to delete them because of this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

We tried with several files and dragging does not copy the pages.
    Is it specific to some files or is there a defined way to replicate it?
    If file specific, can you please share the files with us?

This would help us investigate faster.

Thanks
    Vivek

9. Slight problem converting from Adobe PDF to Microsoft Word (.docx)

The type and spacing are out of sorts - especially if a graph happens to be in the paper. You have to essential hand type in the data to make sure all data it's aligned properly. Often font changes, as does spacing. This just requires extra attention, and editing. Apart from that - great program!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Save as not working: "The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open.

Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Convert html to pdf on Mac

Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

14. Creating PDF from Office 365 Mac MS Word Results in a Network Error Unrelated

Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Browsing Advanced Search Results

In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What happened to the +/- Zoom?

What happened to the +/- zoom function? I need the ability to manually input the % of a zoom when comparing files; so that I am comparing "apples" to "apples" when it comes to the percentage size the the zooms. Why does it seem that every new version of Acrobat worse than the previous version?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide "comment list"

How do you hide the 'comment list"? It pops up every time I try to make something and it doesn't automatically adjust the document and takes up so much of the screen. Very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When attempting to enter a text box in the top RH corner of a document the tool covers the area the document I am editing

When attempting to enter a text box in the top RH corner of a document the tool covers the area the document I am editing. Have the tools we want to use permanently displayed

revert back to version 9 format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi User, Thanks for reaching out to us.
    The workaround for this is to click on the text properties icon bar to hide the properties so that you can easily see the text box.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

For the second ask, can you explain the issue again as we are not clear with the ask here.

19. crashing on share or e-mail; can't access contacts

The software is so incredibly buggy - any attempt to share makes the software crash. Cannot share files saved in document cloud or elsewhere, share via e-mail (with outlook Mac) causes crash, share via document cloud causes crash, attempts to access address book to share via native adobe app causes crash. Why can't I just drag files stored in the document cloud into an e-mail or message - this is the easiest way to share. Share/collaboration is literally unusable in acrobat DC - WHY?! Our entire team may have to move away from the entire Adobe platform if this is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Not able to filter in comments with Acrobat 2019

Document made in Acrobat Pro DC 2018 and sent for review.
    Came back with multiple comments. Those of them that got fixed got marked. Then I could come back later and show only unmarked comments. It works just fine in 2018 version. But with New Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 it does not work. As soon as i click on the filter button to sort the comments the whole Acrobat gets jammed. I have tried several times, also restarted computer. So there must be something wrong here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We have tried at our end to reproduce the issue but we are unable to do so.
    Can you provide the review link of the review file or a local copy of the review file with all the comments to investigate further ?

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base